Florida Glock Owners........ [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Florida Glock Owners........

Small Tony
01-01-2009, 14:25
I am from Tampa but live down in Sarasota currently for work. I often get back to see my family and friends in Tampa Palms/Clearwater/Palm Harbor/Tarpon Springs.

I am fairly new. I was wondering if you Florida Glock owners could share with me some of your favorite hot spot gun stores/smiths or shooting ranges you think I should visit and get to know.

They can be in the TRI area from Tampa/Clearwater/St. Pete but since I live in Sarasota.... Ft. Myers could be a place for me to go as well.

I'm just looking for places/business owners that have great customer service, reliable and are ethical (I have read on here some of the horror stories when it comes to gun shop owners trying to be slick. Since I am new they might just influence me more than normal but if I am armed with the recommendations from you good people I won't feel like I am the newbie sucker) so that I can put in them in my rolodex should I need something.

Thanks for the info.
Small T.

Small Tony
01-01-2009, 15:26
I am from Tampa but live down in Sarasota currently for work. I often get back to see my family and friends in Tampa Palms/Clearwater/Palm Harbor/Tarpon Springs.

I am fairly new. I was wondering if you Florida Glock owners could share with me some of your favorite hot spot gun stores/smiths or shooting ranges you think I should visit and get to know.

They can be in the TRI area from Tampa/Clearwater/St. Pete but since I live in Sarasota.... Ft. Myers could be a place for me to go as well.

I'm just looking for places/business owners that have great customer service, reliable and are ethical (I have read on here some of the horror stories when it comes to gun shop owners trying to be slick. Since I am new they might just influence me more than normal but if I am armed with the recommendations from you good people I won't feel like I am the newbie sucker) so that I can put in them in my rolodex should I need something.

Thanks for the info.
Small T.

Wow, sorry I missed this section of Glock or just found it cause my post was moved here. I see some shops and discussions listed here already but if you wish to list some specific shops I would appreciate it.

DaverZ
01-01-2009, 15:53
I live in port charlotte and always buy at army navy fashions on the trail.they always give me a square deal

legion3
01-01-2009, 16:06
Red Barn Gunshop is a cool little store its in Bradenton
5233 14th St W (off 70 and 14th)
Bradenton, FL 34207
(941) 727-8312‎

The Bullet Hole is right smack dab in downtown Sarasota (must drive the beautiful liberals mad) worth a visit.
1576 Main St
Sarasota, FL 34236
(941) 957-1996‎

If you visit the Red Barn might as well go by Manatee Shooting Sports although their prices are ehhh.
2231 14th St W
Bradenton, FL 34205
(941) 748-3011‎

Frankly the shooting ranges in Bradenton yuck! Require you to join ($$) and to pay ($$) everytime you shoot. Polk County has some better ranges.

In Largo

Check out Kastle Keep Guns
7153 Ulmerton Rd # 2
Largo, FL 33771
(727) 530-4301‎

The range at Knight Shooting Sports is OK but the prices on guns is high
12000 US Highway 19 N
Clearwater, FL 33764
(727) 546-4447‎
knightshooting.com

Coles Gun Shop is a old classic
1901 Douglas Ave
Clearwater, FL 33755
(727) 447-5450‎
colesgunshop.com

A couple of other decent shops worth a visit but here are a few.

Small Tony
01-02-2009, 01:12
Red Barn Gunshop is a cool little store its in Bradenton
5233 14th St W (off 70 and 14th)
Bradenton, FL 34207
(941) 727-8312‎

The Bullet Hole is right smack dab in downtown Sarasota (must drive the beautiful liberals mad) worth a visit.
1576 Main St
Sarasota, FL 34236
(941) 957-1996‎

If you visit the Red Barn might as well go by Manatee Shooting Sports although their prices are ehhh.
2231 14th St W
Bradenton, FL 34205
(941) 748-3011‎

Frankly the shooting ranges in Bradenton yuck! Require you to join ($$) and to pay ($$) everytime you shoot. Polk County has some better ranges.

In Largo

Check out Kastle Keep Guns
7153 Ulmerton Rd # 2
Largo, FL 33771
(727) 530-4301‎

The range at Knight Shooting Sports is OK but the prices on guns is high
12000 US Highway 19 N
Clearwater, FL 33764
(727) 546-4447‎
knightshooting.com

Coles Gun Shop is a old classic
1901 Douglas Ave
Clearwater, FL 33755
(727) 447-5450‎
colesgunshop.com

A couple of other decent shops worth a visit but here are a few.

@legion3 thank you for taking the time to list these places. I appreciate the effort it took for you to do this. I have heard before of the Red Barn Gunshop before in Bradenton and I'll be sure to check it out. My mother lives in Clearwater so I can check those others out as well.

Anyway, as I am learning more about this gun "culture" if you will. I could be wrong but it seems this gun "culture" has a fraternity type like atmoshpere that it is more important as to "who" you know than "what" you know.

I guess my purpose of this thread and giving out where I live is that someone in my Florida areas will know some of the good ethical places to do business with.

For example: "Hey Small T. Go check out Red Barn in Bradenton he will take care of you. Tell him (Using you as an example only)..Tell him legion3 sent you and my thinking is that I will get treated fairly because of some of the strong/long relationships you gentlemen have already developed with these places.

Anyway, I hope my thinking is some what accurate.
Thanks.
Small T.

LurkMastR
01-02-2009, 08:03
One thing to remember: just because someone has a good (or bad) experience with a particular shop doesn't necessarily mean that you will have a good (or bad) experience with the same shop.

I'd say browse through all of them at least 2 or 3 of times before you start forming an opinion of a place. Of course, many times the feedback you get from others will often agree with your experience, so it's not a bad idea to keep in mind what others opinions are. I just prefer to see it for myself. :supergrin:

Also, check out the link to the map of central FL gun shops in my signature. It's possible there might be some shops close enough to you that you didn't know were there.

FLAHOTROD
01-02-2009, 19:11
I'd say browse through all of them at least 2 or 3 of times before you start forming an opinion of a place.

If it is not a mom-n-pop shop, keep in mind that salesmen are all different, too. One might be very friendly and knowledgeable, willing to help you out with your questions and needs, while the next guy is a jerk who sees customers as just someone else making him "work".

So, I agree with LurkMastR's advice. Check out a place more than once before you form an opinion.

Small Tony
01-02-2009, 23:52
If it is not a mom-n-pop shop, keep in mind that salesmen are all different, too. One might be very friendly and knowledgeable, willing to help you out with your questions and needs, while the next guy is a jerk who sees customers as just someone else making him "work".

So, I agree with LurkMastR's advice. Check out a place more than once before you form an opinion.

Thanks for that piece of advice from the both of you. Makes sense. I like the idea of "check out the link to the map of central FL gun shops in my signature. It's possible there might be some shops close enough to you that you didn't know were there"

Small T.