Ammo at gun ranges [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ammo at gun ranges

myglock17
01-03-2009, 11:51
I have not been to an indoor gun range recently, and the last time I was shooting a S&W revolver and I used the reloaded ammo that the indoor gun range sold. I have a Glock 17 now and want to take it to a range to shoot. Does anyone know if ranges still want you to shoot their ammo. I know that I am not supposed to use lead bullets or reloads with a Glock. One indoor range called Georgia Range and Guns wants you to use ammo made by Atlanta arms and Ammo.thanks

cmcinc
01-03-2009, 13:47
I have been to several ranges in the Atlanta area and every time I bring my own ammo. The price of ammo at the ranges is usually much more expensive. If my range made me use there ammo, I would find a new range.

82ndVet
01-03-2009, 14:44
Check this place out... www.oakwoodsportsmanslodge.com (http://www.oakwoodsportsmanslodge.com)

I just went this morning and took 250 rounds of WWB with me. $12.50 flat rate/unlimited time. There is an older guy there with glasses who is very friendly. He will take you in, give you a quick overview on rules/procedures, then your on your own, just like every range SHOULD be operated. I had to buy my targets there, so my total bill was $20.53, and I was there a good 2hrs. The WWB ammo worked great. 250rds through my new G17 went very smoothly. I also brought a mag full of Speer 124g GD's with me to test out and make sure they fed through with no problems. They did.:supergrin: They have extra ammo there in case you run out and haven't had your 'fix' yet...lol.

Very good range right here!

myglock17
01-03-2009, 16:29
Check this place out... www.oakwoodsportsmanslodge.com (http://www.oakwoodsportsmanslodge.com)

I just went this morning and took 250 rounds of WWB with me. $12.50 flat rate/unlimited time. There is an older guy there with glasses who is very friendly. He will take you in, give you a quick overview on rules/procedures, then your on your own, just like every range SHOULD be operated. I had to buy my targets there, so my total bill was $20.53, and I was there a good 2hrs. The WWB ammo worked great. 250rds through my new G17 went very smoothly. I also brought a mag full of Speer 124g GD's with me to test out and make sure they fed through with no problems. They did.:supergrin: They have extra ammo there in case you run out and haven't had your 'fix' yet...lol.

I also bought a new Glock 17 and I can't wait to take it to the range. I might go up and check that out. The only thing bad about that range is the distance from my house, because I live in Duluth, GA. The only ranges near me is Bulls Eye in Lawrenceville and and American Classic Marksman in Norcross. Have you ever been to either one of these?

myglock17
01-03-2009, 16:30
I have been to several ranges in the Atlanta area and every time I bring my own ammo. The price of ammo at the ranges is usually much more expensive. If my range made me use there ammo, I would find a new range.

That's good to know about being able to bring my own ammo. Thanks

82ndVet
01-03-2009, 16:46
I also bought a new Glock 17 and I can't wait to take it to the range. I might go up and check that out. The only thing bad about that range is the distance from my house, because I live in Duluth, GA. The only ranges near me is Bulls Eye in Lawrenceville and and American Classic Marksman in Norcross. Have you ever been to either one of these?
No, never been there. I'm kinda picky about ranges. I have to like the environment around me to feel comfortable. I've been to a few ranges in the past where there was a range officer pacing back and forth being nosey. I don't like that. Anyways, I just thought I'd throw that out since your "kinda close".:supergrin: I drove there this morning from Canton...45miles.

zodiacbw
01-05-2009, 16:13

+1 Walt, the range manager is a good guy. They only require you use their ammo in the rental guns.

GeorgiaGlocker
01-24-2009, 20:59
If I was forced to use their ammo, I would find a new range too.