Glock Question for Those Formerly in Iraq [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock Question for Those Formerly in Iraq

tc556guy
01-04-2009, 06:24
I know the Iraq Police were/are issued G 19s as part of their equipment. The ANP here for some reason got the shaft and are issued the wanna-be Glock S & W Sigmas. In 8 months of being here, I haven't seen a Glock until today. The ANP guys picked up a few locals, one of whom had a G19, Paki currency, sim cards, etc.....as a matter of personal curiosity and informational purposes,did the Iraqi G19s have any easily identifiable lot numbers, markings, etc? While its not impossible that a local national could afford a Glock, the scarcity of them to this point has me wondering if the Glock today MIGHT in some way shape or form been an Iraq gun that was liberated from the INP and made its way over several borders......

GackMan
01-04-2009, 06:57
I know the Iraq Police were/are issued G 19s as part of their equipment. The ANP here for some reason got the shaft and are issued the wanna-be Glock S & W Sigmas. In 8 months of being here, I haven't seen a Glock until today. The ANP guys picked up a few locals, one of whom had a G19, Paki currency, sim cards, etc.....as a matter of personal curiosity and informational purposes,did the Iraqi G19s have any easily identifiable lot numbers, markings, etc? While its not impossible that a local national could afford a Glock, the scarcity of them to this point has me wondering if the Glock today MIGHT in some way shape or form been an Iraq gun that was liberated from the INP and made its way over several borders......

PM Sent.

The Maggy
01-04-2009, 18:43
All the glocks we gave the IP had night sights, thats about the only stand-outish thing I can remember. When it comes to things being looted, stolen, or reused, anything is possible with those guys.

Biscuitsjam
01-04-2009, 22:43
As I understand it, Iraqi police were issued a variety of weapons, including both Glock and Smith&Wesson.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the ANP are getting Glocks in a different part of the Afghanistan.

tc556guy
01-04-2009, 22:52
The ANP is receiving standard weapons. those who still have older AKs are getting them swapped out for AMDs when they report to FDD. The Sigma is the standard sidearm, although you still see a smattering of old Russian pistols in some holsters.