Firefox Freeze Problem [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Firefox Freeze Problem

Sundog
01-04-2009, 15:44
I've recently noticed that I'm having a recurring problem with Firefox (3.0??-the latest version). After conducting a search (using both google and yahoo), Firefox freezes after I click on a link. I also use Trend Micro and re-subscribed last week, if that makes a difference.

I love Firefox and hate to give it up, but it's really getting old having to control-alt-delete, shut down Firefox, etc. every time I do a search. Any suggestions?

cs133atom
01-04-2009, 15:50
You have to fine tune Trend Micro to interop with FF. Trend Micro was built with IE in mind so it requires fine tuning. Ditching FF is NOT the answer trust me; you're asking for a whole other barrel of monkeys.

C

Sgt. Schultz
01-04-2009, 16:36
I use Trend Micro and Firefox and I have never had any problems ...

cs133atom
01-04-2009, 18:27
I use Trend Micro and Firefox and I have never had any problems ...

I have as well; however the latest TM upgrade, combined with the new FF version made for an unpleasane experience. I made some tweaks to TM and things improved. Now that both TM and FF have matured a bit in these current versions the performance is back to normal. Not knowing his particular configuration the speculation is TM needs to be tweaked.

C

Sgt. Schultz
01-04-2009, 19:04
I have as well; however the latest TM upgrade, combined with the new FF version made for an unpleasane experience. I made some tweaks to TM and things improved. Now that both TM and FF have matured a bit in these current versions the performance is back to normal. Not knowing his particular configuration the speculation is TM needs to be tweaked.

COr it could be something else altogether, as I said I've the latest versions of both and never had any problems and for what itís worth the wife and daughter also run both and believe me I would hear if they had any issues. :supergrin:

cs133atom
01-04-2009, 19:12
I guess its something else all together. I was just speculating trying to lend a hand. If you would like I can remote into your PC and check it out myself. If you are interested in that PM me and I'll set it up. Just and offer...up to you.

ron59
01-04-2009, 19:45
I wouldn't ditch FF... it's WAY better than IE. I used IE for years, only discovered Firefox in the last year. I'm a web developer, and I LOOOVE me some FF.

Big Al 24
01-05-2009, 17:11
If you're going to ditch anything let it be TM. Get AVG or Avira or Kaspersky...

paccw
01-06-2009, 18:55
I had the same problem here is how to fix it.

www.oldversion.com

Erase the 3.0 and go back to the 2.0.0.10 version