on-line book for women choosing 1st handgun [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : on-line book for women choosing 1st handgun

narine2541
01-05-2009, 01:04
http://www.besafeguntraining.com/womens-first-handgun-buy/

I found this an interesting read when my wife and I were buying her carry gun. To be honest, I think some of the information is important to men buying their first gun as well. The result might be that a lot of money isn't wasted with bad first buys.

bfg1971
01-09-2009, 13:35
While I do agree that they have some good info; a lot of it is based on what the site thinks is best for a woman. I have never met a woman who didn't have the strength to pull a trigger, but they warn this might happen.

My advice if you can go to a large indoor range that has a case rental program and shot a lot of different guns. Don't buy a revolver in 38 special, get a 357 magnum and load with 38 special if you like them. As you learn to handle recoil you can move up and the gun is not limited.

Unless a Glock has been abused; new or used won't matter much, you should be able to tell just by looking. Make them take a used one apart and show it to you. Compare to a new one. Again make them take it apart.

If the place you buy from has a range get them to throw in a few range visits with the deal. They might also let your rental fee be applied to the purchase it never hurts to ask.