FFL in NoVA [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : FFL in NoVA

Virginia1911
01-05-2009, 11:38
Who do you guys use? I work in Tysons and live in Loudoun (Cascades area). I am doing a trade here with a fellow GTer in SC. I talked with Bernie at VA Arms in Manassas and they will only snail mail their FFL info to my shipper. Not a huge deal but somewhat annoying. Would you use Loudoun Guns, Blue Ridge, etc?

1*45
01-05-2009, 16:58
I would still go with Va Arms, give him a envelope for priority mail or express mail if its got to go. Ifm you really want to get annoyed try Blue ridge. Last time it was checked transfers ther are around 50.00 but may have changed. Make the calls to confirm.

dmccorki
01-05-2009, 17:02
Virginia Arms is good, but I have also had success with Guns and Ammo Warehouse, which is just down the road from VA Arms.

Olivers_AR
01-05-2009, 17:12
Have had good luck on FFL transfers with VA Arms. Only had items shipped from FLLs that already had VA Arms on file. +1 on asking if there is a priority mail charge or give him a pre-filled out priority mail with delivery confirmation envelope ready to go.

Worse case is that its a couple of days via first class. The real question is how the other party is going to ship to VA Arms.

Tweek's Turbos
01-05-2009, 17:49
On Oliver's suggestion I too had a goodie FFL'd to Bernie at VA arms, I honestly don't think the packet took too long to arrive at the seller. Good people at it was only $20.

Virginia1911
01-05-2009, 18:35
On Oliver's suggestion I too had a goodie FFL'd to Bernie at VA arms, I honestly don't think the packet took too long to arrive at the seller. Good people at it was only $20.

They definitely are good people and maybe I just need to deal with it but I find it just inconvenient and slightly irritating that they won't fax the info.

cdunn
01-06-2009, 13:12
call Grant Pinto ,I just ordered a kimber from him, his transfer location is in falls church, 7032227554

NoSuchStudios
01-14-2009, 07:58
Ya can't go wrong with VA Arms... i've done transfers and bought new from them and while the snail mail bit is a bit annoying... i wouldn't take my money anywhere else. Top notch service and real fair prices.

Great buncha folks... +100 to their team. Its worth the wait. And yeah... take an express envelope to them to mail it off. Will accomplish your task and your transfer money will go to a company that appreciates your business unlike many others i've been to in this area.

johnydoe
01-18-2009, 20:46
I recommend both Virginia Arms and D & J gun repair in Sterling, VA. http://www.dandjgunrepair.com/transfer.shtml Dusty faxed his FFL right away when I asked and his service was very quick.

Virginia Arms $20
D & J Gun Repair $22

Virginia1911
01-18-2009, 21:38
I recommend both Virginia Arms and D & J gun repair in Sterling, VA. http://www.dandjgunrepair.com/transfer.shtml Dusty faxed his FFL right away when I asked and his service was very quick.

Virginia Arms $20
D & J Gun Repair $22

You nailed it... I used D&J for this transfer and he was responsive and faxed the info immediately. I pick up the gun tomorrow and have been very happy with his responsiveness. I wish the same could be said for my attempt to use VA Arms for this transfer. I've purchased firearms and many accessories there previously and trying to use them for this transfer was a debacle. I know everyone on this board loves them and all of my previous experiences there have been great... but this one was not.

gtrcivic
01-19-2009, 11:31
might have to use D&J since i reside in Loudoun.

Olivers_AR
01-19-2009, 18:38
Dusty is good to go. He normally has a booth near the front of the Chantilly show, encourage folks to drop by and meet him. Like always, the show can get busy, but if its slow, he is happy to talk. If you don't see what you want (does 1911, revolvers, ARs, and gunsmithing), ask him, he tends to find things ;)

He built my first Fulton Arms lower and did a trigger job on an SKS.

Virginia1911
01-19-2009, 18:44
I picked up my gun today. Dusty is a nice guy and I think I'm going to have him install sights on two pistols. I'm glad I found him and he's right down the road.