So, I'm here. Now what? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : So, I'm here. Now what?

loki1701
01-06-2009, 18:43
Recently moved to this free state from MA, just a few miles south of Jackson.

Anybody near Memphis or Nashville that can steer me towards some points of interest?

I've been to Memphis once already. Went to Dyers on Beale St for a deep fried hamburger. That was worth the trip.

TIA

michiglocker
01-07-2009, 18:11
Nashville is pretty cool if your are into the whole twang thang. Great boat show this weekend as well as Bill Goodman gun/knife show @ state fairgrounds this weekend as well !

WCrawford
01-08-2009, 00:18
There is the Frist Center for the Fine Arts and the Parthenon in Centenial Park. Then the best burger in all of Tennessee is found at any one of several Fat Mo's locations. Go very, very hungry if you decide to order the Super Deluxe.

ggun
01-12-2009, 09:05
Recently moved to this free state from MA, just a few miles south of Jackson.

Anybody near Memphis or Nashville that can steer me towards some points of interest?

I've been to Memphis once already. Went to Dyers on Beale St for a deep fried hamburger. That was worth the trip.

TIA

Lynchburg, Jack Daniels Distillery

ewilson224
01-12-2009, 13:48
I am on the other end of the state, but I can tell you Nashville has some good bars to go to for live music. One in particular that I like is Fuel. It is located on Second Avenue where a lot of other night spots are. They have a website. And it is not that twangy thing that someone mentioned. Be safe,
EW

loki1701
01-12-2009, 13:55
Thanks all.

I do believe that I'll pass on the tour of the Jack Daniels distillery. The slightest smell of it makes my stomach turn due to an evening of over doing it.

ggun
01-14-2009, 09:36
Thanks all.

I do believe that I'll pass on the tour of the Jack Daniels distillery. The slightest smell of it makes my stomach turn due to an evening of over doing it.

LOL. It's in a dry county as well.