Original Parts [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Original Parts

Ceefuhs
01-09-2009, 09:59
For Glocks that may one day have some collectors value ( very early 2nd gen Mod 21 ) how worried should I be to keep the original parts?

MakeMineA10mm
01-11-2009, 20:31
For Glocks that may one day have some collectors value ( very early 2nd gen Mod 21 ) how worried should I be to keep the original parts?

I kept mine.

It may not make it a "deal-breaker" but you'll certainly get more money if you have the original parts the gun came with. Now, presuming you have something special of a collectible with this G21, I think if you're shooting it much, worrying about the money you'd get for having the original parts is a waste of time...

jimmy
01-12-2009, 11:16
Interesting. FWIW, I just came into an early G20, serial number prefix UA--one of the "first G20s for civilian sale," according to GT's Serial Number thread. It's LNIB and still has its original parts. I don't know to what extent--if any--it's "collectible," but am inclined to leave it as is rather than have it upgraded.

MakeMineA10mm
01-12-2009, 19:54
jimmy,
Yeah, I've got a UH an a UM, and I upgraded both of them and kept the original parts in the baggie that the upgrade parts came in. I shoot them both, so there's really no sense in saving the original parts as far as collectibility... However, if someone has a pristine G-20 OR G-21 that was upgraded and then never shot (and the original parts disposed of), and the previous owner wants to save it as a collectible, I've got a couple bags of original parts here... :wavey:

IIRC, the very first run of G20s was 500 made in the MC prefix. The first runs with a full 1000 units were the UAs and UHs. I scoured the country for months in 1990 when these hit the USA and couldn't get a distributor to shake a UA loose. They all went into the pipeline for store-front dealers. The first G20 I could get a distributor to ship to me was a UH.