Post workout "feeling" [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Post workout "feeling"

Green_Manelishi
01-09-2009, 18:11
The Green_Man is curious to know how you all feel after a good workout? Invigorated? Tired? Sick? Hungry?

I usually feel I've been hit by a truck even though my reps are low and I (most of the time) don't do more than 4 sets (including warmups) of any one exercise. Either I am a girly-man or I am truly working hard.

Eyescream
01-09-2009, 20:01
I usually feel like I'm a couple days removed from a minor car accident after I get home from the gym.

Tonight was chest and triceps, and since I'm still kinda babying my shoulder; I'm not working for an PRs on any of my upper-body exercises for some time yet. Instead, I'm doing 8+ rep work sets, with 15 or so reps for a warmup set on each exercise;so my arms are sore from my armpits to my wrists. :supergrin:

PeterJasonMN
01-09-2009, 20:53
It can vary.

Sometimes I feel 10' tall and bulletproof, some days I feel like dog****.

I had to stop yesterday because my wrist and elbow were starting to get some bad nerve pain going on. I probably could have kept lifting, but when they both started tingling I didn't want to take the chance, so I called it a day.

Green_Manelishi
01-09-2009, 21:19
Was that when I arrived home I drank a protein "shake" and ate a banana. Then I ate some brocolli (with lemon juice) and some cabbage (with vinegar). Then I ate a bit of dark chocolate. YUMMM.

A couple of hours later I ate a bowl of lentil soup, a carton of yogurt, 2 slices of bread, some sliced red/yellow/orange peppers, some very lean pastrami, and drank a bunch of water.

A couple of hours after that I ate a can of mixed fruit (dump out the juice), a spoonful of peanut butter and a small bowl of cereal (granola mixed with mini-shredded wheat squares).

I am not usually such a hog but man, was I hungry.

:supergrin:

PeterJasonMN
01-09-2009, 22:41
Was that when I arrived home I drank a protein "shake" and ate a banana. Then I ate some brocolli (with lemon juice) and some cabbage (with vinegar). Then I ate a bit of dark chocolate. YUMMM.

A couple of hours later I ate a bowl of lentil soup, a carton of yogurt, 2 slices of bread, some sliced red/yellow/orange peppers, some very lean pastrami, and drank a bunch of water.

A couple of hours after that I ate a can of mixed fruit (dump out the juice), a spoonful of peanut butter and a small bowl of cereal (granola mixed with mini-shredded wheat squares).

I am not usually such a hog but man, was I hungry.

:supergrin:

If I tried to eat all that my toilet would go on strike.

eclipse13
01-09-2009, 22:55
The only working out I do is swimming. I surf and the main thing I like to focus on is my paddling (shoulder and upper back) endurance. My arms are usually tired, but overall I feel better than I did when I got in the pool. Oh, and I'm usually incredible hungy.

furioso2112
01-09-2009, 23:12
'very lean pastrami'...you mean...ham? :rofl: JK, didn't resist

anyway...post-workout is a range, depending on 1) the workout (muscle-building, fat-burning or strength-bulding focus), 2) nutrition, 3) emotion

I find it's best for me when: I am in a regular routine (similar days each week, similar time each day), properly rested, and properly fed; try the protein shake before or during your workout, if you can stand it, or within 30 minutes maximum afterwards; some vitamin c w/in 30 minutes after, also

Nutrition is what I have put the least effort into, but the little effort I have put into it makes a big difference - I can tell its the area I most lack and could most stand to gain improvement from. The basics are pretty easy, but really fine-tuning nutrition is a mountain I have yet to scale. Plenty of resources and opinions/plans, read a bunch, get the basics, decide on a track that iwll fit your lifestyle and goals, work at it. Just saw an (unofficial, pseudo-news-type) article today...something about diet now being considered more important than exercise at controlling weight - not much help there, but shows a change in the tide of publication a thinking in general, if it's accurate.

DBradD
01-10-2009, 10:21
The Green_Man is curious to know how you all feel after a good workout? Invigorated? Tired? Sick? Hungry?
Any one of those, depending on the workout and my conditioning level.

When I'm in good shape, I can do an extremely difficult (for me) conditioning workout, feel like I'm going to die for about 5 min. and then feel like I haven't done anything or feel a bit invigorated. I often feel sleepy after some of that invigorated feeling. I also usually feel famished after a good conditioning workout. I actually find it easier to keep fat off when I don't exercise very much.

When I'm not in good shape, that "about to die" feeling lasts a lot longer. I remember after my first few CrossFit workouts a couple of years ago that I'd feel totally drained, nauseated, and like I was going to fall over for a good half-day or longer. Then I felt terrible if I didn't sleep and eat a ton.

After a strength workout? Just a little invigorated or no different than before the workout, I suppose.

California Jack
01-10-2009, 12:57

Green Man, I know you are a relative newb to this forum, and that it isn't posted in our FAQ, but forum rules dictate that you do not refer to youself in the third person until you have acheived Master Haikuist. Only proactive has ascended to this level so far. :cool:

PeterJasonMN
01-10-2009, 13:24
Gloves on, Smith at ready
Took my Advocare and Coke
Damn resolutions.

Green_Manelishi
01-10-2009, 18:01
Green Man, I know you are a relative newb to this forum, and that it isn't posted in our FAQ, but forum rules dictate that you do not refer to youself in the third person until you have acheived Master Haikuist. Only proactive has ascended to this level so far. :cool:

The Green Man lifted (5)
He was smurfy and happy (7)
Eat now Green Man, eat (5)

DBradD
01-10-2009, 19:36
The Green Man lifted (5)
He was smurfy and happy (7)
Eat now Green Man, eat eat eat (5)
I note that the Green Man did not get any closer to achieving master status due to the number of sealabulls in the last line.

proactive
01-10-2009, 19:41
This thread pleases proactive.

Green_Manelishi
01-10-2009, 21:38
I note that the Green Man did not get any closer to achieving master status due to the number of sealabulls in the last line.

Corrected.

The Green Man ate too much !!!! :rofl:

PeterJasonMN
01-10-2009, 23:41
Peter tried new product
Said to boost testosterone
More wood than sawmill

Armchair Commando
01-11-2009, 00:33
I throw up almost every Sunday when i do legs, After every set of Squats i feel Dizzy and Completely Exhausted. On Wednesdays when i do Back during Deadlifts i get Extremely Fatigued and Tired.