Help me out NE FL GTers [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Help me out NE FL GTers

Usingmyrights
01-10-2009, 10:20
I'm wanting to take this girl out for her birthday. Unfortunately due to circumstances I probably won't be able to until a little later on in the evening around 8:30-9. What I'm looking for is a good restraunt within an hours drive of Pomona Park. I'm thinking about heading into St Augustine. You're normal steaks, seafood, chicken is what I'm looking for, since I don't know yet I don't want to go to a "speciality" place when she may not like that style food. Would like to try to keep it under $25 a plate since this is our first time going out, and she's more of a casual person. The biggest problem is finding a restraunt thats open that late, and we're not going to get rushed food since the cook is ready to go. Basically it needs to be open late, good food, and not you're everyday chain restraunt. Something nearby, like a beach or a park that we can go to afterwards is a huge plus.

RJ1670
01-10-2009, 10:24
Cook her dinner at your place. Maybe barbecue. Then you have your living room and maybe your bedroom to retire to after dinner.:supergrin:

Usingmyrights
01-10-2009, 10:26
Due to current circumstances that would be a no go. I'd have no problem doing that, but its just not possible right now.

RustyShackelford
01-10-2009, 12:55
A1A Aleworks [Click Here] (http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/3972/?view=beerfly)
They have a balcony to sit outside and they're not too pricey. (904) 829-2977

Monk's Vineyard [Click Here] (http://www.monksvineyard.com/)
(904)824-5888

There are several others, even going over The Lion Bridge (I think that's the name of it, it's brand new) will increase your odds. I am not sure that there are any chain-type eateries in the area. Mostly one-offs. Hope this helps. Enjoy your time!

Usingmyrights
01-11-2009, 09:27
Thanks for the ideas. It looks like we may be able to get there a little earlier than I was first thinking. We're probably going to go to the Dunes Cracker House down from the pier. Unless they've changed in the past few years, I know that they have good food, supposed to have live entertainment til 1am, and I can leave my truck there while we go across the street to the beach.

rvrctyrngr
01-11-2009, 13:14
Thanks for the ideas. It looks like we may be able to get there a little earlier than I was first thinking. We're probably going to go to the Dunes Cracker House down from the pier. Unless they've changed in the past few years, I know that they have good food, supposed to have live entertainment til 1am, and I can leave my truck there while we go across the street to the beach.

Can't go wrong with Dune's. Enjoy.

Ron3
01-11-2009, 22:50
Columbia House in St Aug. Have always had a great experience there and it's not expensive.

Very nice place, too. She'll love the 1906 salad!

Other great places are Mimi's Cafe and Maggiano's at St. Johns Town Center.

Usingmyrights
01-11-2009, 23:08
Columbia House in St Aug. Have always had a great experience there and it's not expensive.

Very nice place, too. She'll love the 1906 salad!

Other great places are Mimi's Cafe and Maggiano's at St. Johns Town Center.

Town Center is definately out this time, because its too far of a drive. May have to try to Columbia House sometime though

Ron3
01-12-2009, 18:11
Town Center is definately out this time, because its too far of a drive. May have to try to Columbia House sometime though

Columbia house has been the most consistantly good resturants for my wife and I. Been there probobly 15 times and never a bad experience. Well, one time we had a wait a bit for our food (30 min) but the place was completly packed. There were alot of servers, (ours was doing her best) managers, and hosts but things were still running a little slow.

We didn't mind as there was a group of us and we planned on being there a couple hours anyway.

Oh, get the fresh Sangria. They make it right there in front of you. (the do the same with the 1906 salad) The Sangria is a little pricey though, as it would be in any resturant.

Let us know how it goes wherever you go.

Historian
01-12-2009, 20:39
A1A Aleworks [Click Here] (http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/3972/?view=beerfly)
They have a balcony to sit outside and they're not too pricey. (904) 829-2977

Monk's Vineyard [Click Here] (http://www.monksvineyard.com/)
(904)824-5888

There are several others, even going over The Lion Bridge (I think that's the name of it, it's brand new) will increase your odds. I am not sure that there are any chain-type eateries in the area. Mostly one-offs. Hope this helps. Enjoy your time!

Two great St. Augstine places.

Mrs. Historian and I love St. Augustine and like to do three day weekends there. We always try to hit the Columbia House. Amazing Latin cuisine. Make a reservation. It's on St. George's St.

Columbia house has been the most consistantly good resturants for my wife and I. Been there probobly 15 times and never a bad experience.

If you ever get a chance to try the one in Tampa it's even a step above. It's the real thing. I had lunch there with the Mrs. once and would go back in a second.

The bar is to die for. It is the origional 1920s era bar in Art Deco. To have a Martini there is to be transported back in time.

Ron3
01-13-2009, 16:36
That bar sounds real nice!

Historian
01-13-2009, 16:39
That bar sounds real nice!

http://foodmuseum.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/gal_ybor_01.jpg

See for yourself.

Ron3
01-14-2009, 20:20
Gorgeous!

Historian
01-14-2009, 20:26
Gorgeous!

Not the kind of place to have a bud light. :supergrin:

u n v kenny
01-14-2009, 21:13
Take her to the winery San Sebastian for a nice little evening on the balcony.

Or am I too late?

rvrctyrngr
01-15-2009, 05:57

NO place is the kind of place to have a BudLight! :drink::puking:

Ron3
01-15-2009, 19:32

I won't turn away most beers, but my fav is Guinness draught. Newcastle Brown Ale is good too.

Ron3
01-15-2009, 19:32
Take her to the winery San Sebastian for a nice little evening on the balcony.

Or am I too late?

Thats a nice little time too, free wine tasting!

Oldskoolfan
03-14-2009, 00:54
Tag for later.

I will be down in St. Augustine over the summer with a young lady and would love to do a nice dinner.

Usingmyrights
03-16-2009, 08:43
Tag for later.

I will be down in St. Augustine over the summer with a young lady and would love to do a nice dinner.

This thread is 2 months old. I don't think you'll be seening any new ideas. I never even went on the date with this girl. We were supposed to go the 27th, and she decided to go back to her ex on the 24th. Her loss.

Norman
03-16-2009, 09:01
Columbia House is St. Augustine. YES.

Sangria, 1906 salad, and whatever strikes your fancy for a main course. And the flan... oh my god the flan.

:supergrin:

Oldskoolfan
03-18-2009, 01:13
This thread is 2 months old. I don't think you'll be seening any new ideas. I never even went on the date with this girl. We were supposed to go the 27th, and she decided to go back to her ex on the 24th. Her loss.

I know its old. It is easier for me to search when I use the word tag.

My apologies.

Usingmyrights
03-18-2009, 08:19
I know its old. It is easier for me to search when I use the word tag.

My apologies.

I was just saying you probably aren't going to see many new ideas. With St Augustine being more of a tourist town, and most of the restraunts listed not being on the cheap side, I don't know how well they're holding up through this "economic downturn"