Nice place to shoot [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Nice place to shoot

myglock17
01-10-2009, 13:27
I went to shoot my new Glock 17 today at American Classic Marksman in Norcross, GA. It was a little crowded with several people ahead of me, but the wait turned out to be about 30 minutes. The range price was $16.00 for all day. The end of the day for me came when I ran out of ammunition. I will be going back in a week or so, and I would recommend it to anyone in the north Atlanta area that is looking for a place to shoot.

82ndVet
01-10-2009, 14:06
Nice! How did you like your new G17? I just got back from the range myself...Oakwood Sportsmans Lodge in Oakwood. There it is $12.50 for unlimited time. I might go check out the Norcross place next time though. So, how do they run the range? They don't have nosey range officers standing over your shoulder do they? How many lanes do they have?

myglock17
01-10-2009, 14:52
Nice! How did you like your new G17? I just got back from the range myself...Oakwood Sportsmans Lodge in Oakwood. There it is $12.50 for unlimited time. I might go check out the Norcross place next time though. So, how do they run the range? They don't have nosey range officers standing over your shoulder do they? How many lanes do they have?

I believe they had 12 lanes, actually I didn't count them. They had a couple of guys that would look in the window to make sure nobody was being careless, but I don't think they were causing too much trouble. I did not have a single malfunction. I did have some trouble hitting where I was aiming, because I wear corrective lenses, and I was having difficulty trying to figure out what part of my glasses to see out of and focus the sight and see the target. I had no problem hitting where I was aiming when the target was closer to me, it was just when I moved it out. Any suggestions you would have on this would be much appreciated. Sometime I will try the place that you recommended, but I did not have a whole lot of time today.

82ndVet
01-10-2009, 21:21
I believe they had 12 lanes, actually I didn't count them. They had a couple of guys that would look in the window to make sure nobody was being careless, but I don't think they were causing too much trouble. I did not have a single malfunction. I did have some trouble hitting where I was aiming, because I wear corrective lenses, and I was having difficulty trying to figure out what part of my glasses to see out of and focus the sight and see the target. I had no problem hitting where I was aiming when the target was closer to me, it was just when I moved it out. Any suggestions you would have on this would be much appreciated. Sometime I will try the place that you recommended, but I did not have a whole lot of time today.
That's good. I don't mind them in the window...lol. I just don't like anyone pacing back and forth behind me. So do you wear bi-focals?.... Like those where the top glass is different from the bottom when you look through them...? If so, you might have to just train yourself and your eyes to look a certain way through them at certain distances...:dunno: Maybe someone else might have a better solution. I wear contacts, and have noticed that if there is too much lead floating around, my vision gets a little blurry. I'm actually having a placement problem as well with my G17. I only shot 200rnds today, but went in there with some shoot and see targets to try and figure out if it was me or the pistol. I'm shooting 2-3 inch groups about 2-3 inches to the left of the bulls eye at all distances....7, 10, 15, 20 yards. My rear sight is dead center, so I'm thinking about adjusting it one millimeter at a time the next trip to the range...:dunno:

StoneDog
01-10-2009, 21:50
I was in there a little after 3pm fondling the M&P 45c and 40c. Small world. :-)

myglock17
01-10-2009, 23:39
I was in there a little after 3pm fondling the M&P 45c and 40c. Small world. :-)

I left out of there at about 12:45.

myglock17
01-10-2009, 23:45
That's good. I don't mind them in the window...lol. I just don't like anyone pacing back and forth behind me. So do you wear bi-focals?.... Like those where the top glass is different from the bottom when you look through them...? If so, you might have to just train yourself and your eyes to look a certain way through them at certain distances...:dunno: Maybe someone else might have a better solution. I wear contacts, and have noticed that if there is too much lead floating around, my vision gets a little blurry. I'm actually having a placement problem as well with my G17. I only shot 200rnds today, but went in there with some shoot and see targets to try and figure out if it was me or the pistol. I'm shooting 2-3 inch groups about 2-3 inches to the left of the bulls eye at all distances....7, 10, 15, 20 yards. My rear sight is dead center, so I'm thinking about adjusting it one millimeter at a time the next trip to the range...:dunno:

I wear progressive lenses so I will have to practice until I figure out how to focus both. Until today it had been awhile since I have been to a range. Back then my prescription wasn't as strong.

FillYerHands
01-12-2009, 11:30
I work about a mile from there so I go shoot a lunch about every other week on Friday. They have 16 lanes, in 2 bays, with some rifle lanes as well. Guns for rent, all kinds of pistols, even AR's and AK's.

They let you shoot your own ammo and your own targets.

I like it!

myglock17
01-13-2009, 09:24
I work about a mile from there so I go shoot a lunch about every other week on Friday. They have 16 lanes, in 2 bays, with some rifle lanes as well. Guns for rent, all kinds of pistols, even AR's and AK's.

They let you shoot your own ammo and your own targets.

I like it!

There was a guy there shooting an AK-47 near my lane, and I could hear a guy shooting an auto in 3 shoot burst, but I didn't go to investigate where he was. I didn't think to count the lanes, it's good to know how many they have. I will be going back probably Saturday after next if nothing comes up.