Jim Clark High Point Personal Security Training [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Jim Clark High Point Personal Security Training

pearldrummerelx
01-10-2009, 19:01
Anyone have any experience with him? I'm looking for opinions...he has a class I'm interested in going to, and it seems similar to several other classes. His website is www.highpointpst.com - but there aren't any reviews or anything about him.

Any information/experience would be appreciated. I've looked at Southern Exposure in Lakeland, and I'm considering that also, but trying to decide between these two.

Historian
01-10-2009, 20:41
Any information/experience would be appreciated. I've looked at Southern Exposure in Lakeland, and I'm considering that also, but trying to decide between these two.

I've heard nothing but good stuff about Southern Exposure over the years. One of my favorite instructors goes there once or twice a year, in addition to my local range, and if you look at the list of visiting instructors you'll see some are quite impressive.

rvrctyrngr
01-11-2009, 14:21
No personal experience with Jim, but I've heard nothing but good things about him from folks I trust.

I can vouch the the quality of instruction at Southern Exposure. Irv hosts some of the best instructors in the country. I highly recommend Randy Cain's Tactical Handgun 101 class.

Historian
01-11-2009, 17:06
No personal experience with Jim, but I've heard nothing but good things about him from folks I trust.

I can vouch the the quality of instruction at Southern Exposure. Irv hosts some of the best instructors in the country. I highly recommend Randy Cain's Tactical Handgun 101 class.

Randy Cain's work looks real solid from some of the guys I've heard from. Sadly, I don't travel south often, but my local range gets Bill Jeans in regularly twice a year. That pretty much has eaten my budget for training. :supergrin:

rvrctyrngr
01-11-2009, 18:05
G'ville? When is he due back? He's one guy I'd love to take a class from.

Historian
01-11-2009, 18:31
G'ville? When is he due back? He's one guy I'd love to take a class from.

March is the month. If you click here...you'll find out more.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=969761&highlight=Morrigan

I've had 12 classes with Bill. I try to be in at least one class a year.

Mrs. Historian has done two advanced pistol courses. With a 5 shot revolver. :supergrin: She and I would be in the Advanced Class but she's due to birth Little Historian right about that time.

rvrctyrngr
01-11-2009, 19:14
Thanks for the info and CONGRATS on the little one.

Historian
01-11-2009, 21:32
Thanks for the info and CONGRATS on the little one.

Why thank you. It is nice to have physical proof that I've actually had sex. And since she's not running away. It appears after 14 years with her that it was consensual. :supergrin:

I'm Bill's web guy. So if you have any questions about Morrigan I can either answer them or find someone who can. Bill is very approachable as well.

rvrctyrngr
01-11-2009, 22:04
I'm going to see what I can do about making this class. I wanted to go when he was in Lakeland in December, but it didn't work out.

I'm assuming he'll accept a cert from one of Randy's classes as 'previous training'.

BTW, the wife and I hit 14 years of marriage this year. No kidz, just dogs and guns! :supergrin:

Thanks again. :patriot:

FlaChef
01-12-2009, 00:19
no verification on this. so take it for what it is worth and if anyone can provide verification or denial i would appreciate it.

I believe Jim is one of the instructors from OPS who did not pack up and move to Kali when Andy Stanford relocated. Jim was (I've been told) one of the few people who Andy let teach his famous "surgical speed shooting" course other than himself.

Historian
01-12-2009, 07:06
I'm going to see what I can do about making this class. I wanted to go when he was in Lakeland in December, but it didn't work out.

I'm assuming he'll accept a cert from one of Randy's classes as 'previous training'.

BTW, the wife and I hit 14 years of marriage this year. No kidz, just dogs and guns! :supergrin:

I was working on that no kids thing. But the wife can has ways of getting what she wants. But it;s nice to know that someone else has been around that long. We don't see many people our age who have stuck it out over the years.

Besides, she was ment to be someone's mother. She has a way with children that's special.

I can't really speak for what he considers previous training. But if you have one from Randy that should stand out. He basically want's to make sure he's got no one in the class who's either dangerous or so new as to slow the rest of the class down

rvrctyrngr
01-12-2009, 10:02
no verification on this. so take it for what it is worth and if anyone can provide verification or denial i would appreciate it.

I believe Jim is one of the instructors from OPS who did not pack up and move to Kali when Andy Stanford relocated. Jim was (I've been told) one of the few people who Andy let teach his famous "surgical speed shooting" course other than himself.

You are correct, sir.

Historian
01-12-2009, 10:55
You are correct, sir.

How much does Jim normally cost for a class? You guys know what I mean. Cost and ammunition, etc.? What does it average you?

rvrctyrngr
01-12-2009, 11:17
I haven't yet had the pleasure of training with Jim, but from what I've read previously, his prices are on par with the other top trainers, maybe a little less expensive. I do like that he does several 1-day classes ($150/300rnds). He doesn't train in Titusville any longer, or I'd have been all ready!

Info available on his website listed above.

FlaChef
01-12-2009, 20:29
I do like that he does several 1-day classes ($150/300rnds). He doesn't train in Titusville any longer, or I'd have been all ready!

what's the drive time to bartow area? about 2-2.5 hrs?

Historian
01-12-2009, 21:04
I haven't yet had the pleasure of training with Jim, but from what I've read previously, his prices are on par with the other top trainers, maybe a little less expensive. I do like that he does several 1-day classes ($150/300rnds). He doesn't train in Titusville any longer, or I'd have been all ready!

Info available on his website listed above.

That's really not that bad for that kind of quality instruction.

Pat Rogers is another on my short list to get a class through.