Ruger LCR! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ruger LCR!

VA27
01-14-2009, 22:25
http://www.ruger.com/LCR/?utm_source=DRTV&utm_medium=Banner&utm_campaign=LCRLaunch

If Glock made a revolver, is this what it would look like?

I WILL have one!

bac1023
01-14-2009, 22:50
Even by Ruger's standards, that thing is ugly.

:puking:

rjm
01-15-2009, 17:17

Yeah, and if this thing is the beginning of the way all revos will go, I'm taking up quilting.

SDGlock23
01-15-2009, 18:38
http://gunblast.com/Ruger-LCR.htm

bac1023
01-16-2009, 20:30
Yeah, and if this thing is the beginning of the way all revos will go, I'm taking up quilting.

:rofl:

17z
01-16-2009, 23:36
I think this is going to be the way that Ruger will be and is to my opinion the best of the gunmakers bunch barnone. It is the future of revolvers to come. We will have to see how long it will hold up to the shooting of this revolver. 17z

ArmedMikeL
01-17-2009, 06:24
Gunblast has a good review which was shot at the factory. I would like to see when their sample comes in and they test it in the woods. I would llike to see their full review in a couple of weeks. After that I need to hold one and wait till summer for other reviews.

http://www.gunblast.com/images/Ruger-LCR/Ruger-LCR-LO.wmv

Jerseycitysteve
01-22-2009, 10:30
Even with the damn Clinton lock, I'm not sure I'll replace my Smith. What are the advantages of the new Ruger over my 442?

17z
01-23-2009, 16:26
I will wait a year or so until Ruger gets all the bugs out of this new LCR revolver. After talking on the phone with Massad Ayoob,saw him in the Ruger at the shot show range link on Ruger.com, he told me that the LCR was better than than smith j frame by a tad on the recoil. Light,shoots better and one heck of a firearm what everyone at the shot show range shooting said. Itmight be a keeper or not. Time will tell the stories of this new revolver. 17z

Dogmeat00
01-24-2009, 12:07

I've said it before, and will say it again.

If i was a Bad Guy and you pointed that thing at me, i would know it's far to ugly to actually hurt me.

John R
01-31-2009, 18:39

That thing is as ugly as Rosie O'Donnell :ack:

Rusty Phillips
02-01-2009, 17:33
http://www.ruger.com/LCR/?utm_source=DRTV&utm_medium=Banner&utm_campaign=LCRLaunch

If Glock made a revolver, is this what it would look like?

if glock made a revolver for the new millennium-

first of all it would be a larger service gun intended for PD / military / corrections and not a CCW oriented piece

I predict it would be a top break for faster loading / unloading.... as such this allows a cylinder shroud that seals the gasses coming from the bbl / cylinder gap.

it would be easily fitted with a suppressor (see cylinder shroud above)

it would be a 12 shot 30 carbine (maybe called the 30 GAR) or 327 federal

or 10 shot 9mm or 357 mag

all would be cut for moonclips

the barrel would line up with the bottom hole on the cylinder and not the top one..... this would give low bore axis / reduced felt recoil.....

opening the action / combustion gasses from the last round would precock the trigger - resulting in a long but light safe action trigger pull

above the barrel (below the sight rib / integral scope mount) would be an integrated laser / flashlight / guncamera tied into an integral grip switch
would have a built in GPS radio locator.

it would cost $100 less per gun than the revolvers from SW and Ruger.

VA27
03-28-2010, 19:13
if glock made a revolver for the new millennium-

first of all it would be a larger service gun intended for PD / military / corrections and not a CCW oriented piece

I predict it would be a top break for faster loading / unloading.... as such this allows a cylinder shroud that seals the gasses coming from the bbl / cylinder gap.

it would be easily fitted with a suppressor (see cylinder shroud above)

it would be a 12 shot 30 carbine (maybe called the 30 GAR) or 327 federal

or 10 shot 9mm or 357 mag

all would be cut for moonclips

the barrel would line up with the bottom hole on the cylinder and not the top one..... this would give low bore axis / reduced felt recoil.....

opening the action / combustion gasses from the last round would precock the trigger - resulting in a long but light safe action trigger pull

above the barrel (below the sight rib / integral scope mount) would be an integrated laser / flashlight / guncamera tied into an integral grip switch
would have a built in GPS radio locator.

it would cost $100 less per gun than the revolvers from SW and Ruger.

Well, this thread is just over a year old and I still don't have an LCR. But, I haven't heard of any recalls and they guys I know that do have them seem to like them.

Ok Rusty, you seem to have the ability to see the future.

No Glock service revolver, but look at what has happened!

You didn't get your 12 shot 327, but Ruger gave you an 8 shot Blackhawk and a 7 shot GP100 in 327! I never saw that coming, but you did!

You got the Chiappa Rhino with the barrel lined up with the bottom chamber! Who'da thunk it?

I saw a pic of a prototype breaktop NAA in 22 magnum!

I call that 3 for 4. So tell us, what's up for next year?

17z
03-28-2010, 22:31
Well,it has been more than a year since I last posted on this thread about the LCR. And,,,,,,,,, I just bought one about a month ago and took it to the farm to test fire it. No problem with the LCR after 350 rounds of .38+ps I shot thru it and what the old youtube vid showed on flame cutting on topstrap did not happen as of yet. I will do about 800 rounds more and do a video on the LCR. My opinion about this revolver still stands in my previous 2 posts. It is a well built gun,it does have the klinton lock but,it is under neath the grip on the right side. So there is noway you need to fool with it unless you want to. The recoil with +ps isnt bad. Better than those scanduim Smiths and airweights in my opinion. Enjoy it. 17z

Rusty Shackleford
03-29-2010, 06:34
I have heard really good things about these guns but am holding out for some shorter aftermarket grips that don't have a laser. Amazing that it's been around as long as it has with just the two grips available.