Brookhaven man arrested for threatening Obama [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Brookhaven man arrested for threatening Obama

NRA_guy
01-17-2009, 04:30
Well, Mississippi made the national news again:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Authorities on Friday arrested a U.S. man on suspicion of threatening to kill President-elect Barack Obama based on statements he posted on a website about UFOs and aliens, the Justice Department said.

Steven Joseph Christopher, in three postings to www.alien-earth.org, said he planned to assassinate Obama in Washington "as a sacrificial lamb," the department said in a statement.

"It's really nothing personal about the man. He speaks well ... . But I know it's for the country's own good that I do this," Christopher reportedly wrote.

"It's not because I'm racist that I will kill Barack, it's because I can no longer allow the Jewish parasites to bully their way into making the American people submit to their evil ways."

Christopher added that he needed money to get to Washington and that he did not own a gun, the department said.

Unprecedented security surrounds Obama, who will be sworn into office on Tuesday and become the nation's first black president.

Christopher, who is from Wisconsin but was arrested in Brookhaven, Mississippi, could face up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine if found guilty.Sounds like he may just be a little bit nutty. I mean, after all, the post was on a space alien web site forum.

But according to this other CNN article the Secret Service is monitoring internet activity VERY closely (so they will probably read this post) in search of anything that might pose a threat to the incoming president.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/16/obama.white.supremacists/index.html

PS: This Mississippi forum in GT should be on life support.

Dandapani
01-17-2009, 04:48
FL also.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2009/1/16/426616.html?title=Lakeland+man+indicted+in+threat+to+kill+Barack+Obama

Lakeland man indicted in threat to kill Barack Obama
Friday, January 16, 2009

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) -- A Florida man has been indicted on charges of threatening to kill President-elect Barack Obama.

Twenty-one-year-old Nathan Wine was indicted Thursday in Tampa on charges that he threatened to kill and inflict bodily harm on the president-elect. According the indictment, Wine made the threat on Nov. 5.

The Lakeland man turned himself in to Tampa police on Thursday on a warrant out of Polk County.

Authorities there have charged him grand theft of a firearm. Wine allegedly stole a shotgun from a Lakeland woman earlier this month. He is currently being held on a $25,000 bond.

It was not immediately known if Wine had an attorney.

NRA_guy
01-18-2009, 04:53
Yeah they understandably take all threats seriously. They pretty much have to.

Think of the criticism they would face if they dismissed a threat and then the person actually did something.

And they know that in a nation of 300,000,000 people, there are a few idiots who would do bad things.

Where I work, a black guy was always ranting about his racist white co-workers. He thought he was being discriminated against (he wasn't). He would actually threaten them. He was really paranoid.

When George W. Bush was coming to a nearby town, he made some statements at work about killing Bush when he came to town.

It got reported to the Secret Service, and they were seriously questioning him the next day.

After that, the guy toned down his rhetoric at work and soon retired.