NC CCW restrictions? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : NC CCW restrictions?

southernreign
01-18-2009, 12:13
Okay, I have two friends in a NC CCW class today, and my friend called me today during their lunch break to ask if the fact his wife takes anti-depressants she may not be able to get her CCW permit? Is this true?
I told him I did not know... anyone know?

LINE #4 STATES PEOPLE NOT ELIGIBLE:
4. is an unlawful user of or addicted to marijuana, alcohol, or any depressant,
stimulant or narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance;

NC Bullseye
01-18-2009, 13:53
Only if she's using them unlawfully and or using them not as prescribed. Otherwise she should be go to go.

southernreign
01-18-2009, 17:03
Only if she's using them unlawfully and or using them not as prescribed. Otherwise she should be go to go.

Thank you... that is what I thought to... and that is what I told her husband... He (her husband) said the CCW instructor told them otherwise.
I would be interested to see what happens... my wife is on anti-depressants... but, she has NO desire to get a CCW permit. It is nice to know she still has the choice though.:upeyes:

Thank you for the reply.

NC Bullseye
01-18-2009, 21:13
Thank you... that is what I thought to... and that is what I told her husband... He (her husband) said the CCW instructor told them otherwise.
I would be interested to see what happens... my wife is on anti-depressants... but, she has NO desire to get a CCW permit. It is nice to know she still has the choice though.:upeyes:

Thank you for the reply.

Not a problem. If you want to, PM me the instructor info. I can make sure they get the correct info on that.