So, nobody went to the Jamil Temple? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : So, nobody went to the Jamil Temple?

Glockphobia
01-19-2009, 04:28
have'nt even seen a thread on "gunshow at the jamil temple" this go around. so, didnt anybody make it? any deals or ripoffs to be had.:rofl::whistling: i worked this weekend, day 16, with no day off until the 31st.:crying:

hagar
01-19-2009, 06:50
Nope, not me! I have not been to a gun show in years, but still manage to buy all the guns and ammo I need at a good price. I just get annoyed with both the rip off artists selling overpriced junk, and the idiots buying it.

BadAndy
01-19-2009, 07:06
I always seem to miss them. I'd like to go just to check it out but haven't heard much good about them.

ranger88
01-19-2009, 13:23
I went on Sunday and it looked like business was booming. Took a walk around and saw the usual overpriced Glocks, AR's and AK's. The usual thugs walking around with pistols in their hands, finger on the trigger (of course). Then I stumbled on a table that had a few pistols in a glass case on the last row. Usually I bypass these if they don't have prices clearly marked. But a very shiny revolver caught my eye and I took a closer look. Turns out it was a Colt King Cobra with a 4" barrel in the shiny stainless finish. The guy said that it was NIB, but I had my doubts even considering the fantastic condition of it. I'd rate it a solid 95%. He said that he'd take $700 firm for it and I wen for it. Looking at the prices on GunBroker, looks like I did pretty good. Came with the original box, one HKS speedloader, but no manual. I'll try to post pics at some point. Maybe a range report if I get a chance to shoot it anytime soon. Looks like lately I've been doing more buying than shooting. And so begins the quest to complete a collection of Colt's famous snakes. It always starts with just one, doesn't it?

Carbonfly
01-19-2009, 14:19
The wife and I went on Saturday. We were looking to pick up a lower, but the only one I saw was a guy selling a stripped one for $300 :shocked:. So I ended up buying 2 from a guy on the carolina shooters forum for $400. Why build one when you can build 2 right? :50cal:

I was also looking for some MKIII mags, but most of the guys wanted $25/piece and they wouldn't even budge on price if I was gonna buy a bunch. I hate it when people are so stingy.

Thx-1138
01-19-2009, 16:27
The wife and I went on Saturday. We were looking to pick up a lower, but the only one I saw was a guy selling a stripped one for $300 :shocked:. So I ended up buying 2 from a guy on the carolina shooters forum for $400. Why build one when you can build 2 right? :50cal:

I might be interested in buying that extra lower off of you.

VC-Racing
01-19-2009, 19:05
I tried to go Sat. 3 times but couldn't find a parking spot close to the building . Would not park on the street and walk in , because I'm on crutches at the moment. I'll just wait on the fairground 's show in Feb.

Glockphobia
01-20-2009, 04:12
The wife and I went on Saturday. We were looking to pick up a lower, but the only one I saw was a guy selling a stripped one for $300 . So I ended up buying 2 from a guy on the carolina shooters forum for $400. Why build one when you can build 2 right?

man! i remember i was at the jamil temple show 2 years ago, got a stripped lower, LPK, stock and pistol grip for less than 300.00.