NC Open Carry In National Guard Recruiter's Office [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : NC Open Carry In National Guard Recruiter's Office

Thx-1138
01-19-2009, 17:09
My son is interested in joining the NC Army National Guard. As such, I foresee taking him to the ARNG recruiting office several times over the course of the next several months, as he gets into good enough shape to enlist.

So, I'm looking at the laws regarding concealed carry. And I notice that State offices seem fall into the same gray area as financial institutions: Concealed Carry is prohibited, but no law exists to prohibit Open Carry.

Am I missing something? I mean, other than the fact that they might ask me to leave.

MaximaDrvr
01-19-2009, 17:58
If it isn't posted on the door, and isn't in a federal building then you are good to go w/ OC

whiskey_moodz
01-22-2009, 08:51
If it isn't posted on the door, and isn't in a federal building then you are good to go w/ OC

Actually I think that it is a considered a federal office since it is lease by the Government...

Thx-1138
01-22-2009, 12:54
Actually I think that it is a considered a federal office since it is lease by the Government...

You have inside information about the lease arraignments between the strip mall and the NC National Guard?

Because being leased by "the government" means squat. There actually is a difference between federal and state governments, and that's what matters in this particular case.

whiskey_moodz
01-22-2009, 12:57
You have inside information about the lease arraignments between the strip mall and the NC National Guard?

Because being leased by "the government" means squat. There actually is a difference between federal and state governments, and that's what matters in this particular case.

Actually the way it was put to me. Is that My BIL is a recuiter, He has to go out side to smoke because there is a sign on the door saying no smoking in a government building. I am not sure what that may mean to you, he works there and has to follow those rules...

NC Bullseye
01-22-2009, 13:20
Maybe a over simplified response on my part but is it really worth the possibility that you may adversely effect your sons future just to make a point? Lock it up, do the dad thing and when your finished, strap it back on.

RichardB
01-24-2009, 18:36
I guarantee the the Army won't allow open carry of personal weapons in civilian clothes on its installations and the carrying of loaded Army weapons will be tightly controlled. If he can't accept this discipline and control over his activities don't bother to go. See Bullseye post above.