OC in Charlotte? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : OC in Charlotte?

southernreign
01-19-2009, 23:31
Anyone know how friendly LEOs are in Charlotte with OC?

JohnHoliday
01-20-2009, 00:04
Anyone know how friendly LEOs are in Charlotte with OC?

I've heard they are fine, from a couple members either on here, or opencarry.org.

If you want to Open Carry though, go ahead. Its your right, and LEO's in NC should not have any reason to talk to you. Its perfectly legal to OC in NC, just learn where you can do it, and a couple other laws, and you will be fine.

I suggest going to opencarry.org, and reading a little bit.

southernreign
01-20-2009, 13:53
I've heard they are fine, from a couple members either on here, or opencarry.org.

If you want to Open Carry though, go ahead. Its your right, and LEO's in NC should not have any reason to talk to you. Its perfectly legal to OC in NC, just learn where you can do it, and a couple other laws, and you will be fine.

I suggest going to opencarry.org, and reading a little bit.

I have been going to opencarry.org for a while now... not very detailed information on where and wherenot to OC.
Any information would be helpful from anybody here.
Thanks... I live in the Charlotte Metro area.
Thank you...
- SR

MaximaDrvr
01-20-2009, 14:22
OC anywhere it is legal to. I have had no problems in the south charlotte area or in 'up'town.
My parents are sure I am going to end up in jail, but then I go out with them while I OC and nobody says anything or even notices.

RoyRNC
01-21-2009, 17:21
There was a case a few years ago about a gentleman that OC'd in uptown Charlotte and ran into a bit of trouble. If memory serves me correctly I think the city council wanted OC banned uptown ; however, it was overturned. You may want to do a little research and I am a bit fuzzy on it but remember there being a big stink over OC in uptown. You'll get the occasional stares.