Stocks [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Stocks

fit4christfit4life
01-21-2009, 05:14
Since there is not a stock forum, I figure i will start a thread here. I would like this just to be a post to bring stocks to light, not try to convince people to buy into any particular stock, as that will only cause trouble and hard feelings between members, especially in this market.

Anyway, stocks on watch for today 21 Jan 09

-JCDS rumors of news comming out, not a typical penny company, building a large client base including NEOFirma (My ONLY penny play)

-DNA. nice news today with great profits. We Might get a 5%+ pop, but in this overall down market recently who knows. She bounced off support yesterday.

"Genentech Posts $931 Million 4Q Profit, an Industrial Info News AlertHighlighted Links

Industrial Info ResourcesSUGAR LAND, TX--(Marketwire - January 21, 2009) - Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas) -- Genentech Incorporated (NYSE:DNA) (San Francisco, California) recently announced a fourth-quarter 2008 net income of $931 million, up 47% compared with $632 million in the same period of 2007. Sales for the quarter rose 13% to $2.5 billion, compared with $2.2 billion in the fourth quarter of 2007. Industrial Info is tracking two active Genentech projects worth $300 million as part of our Pharmaceutical Tracker - Online Database. The larger of the two projects is a grassroot biotherapeutic fill and finish plant in Hillsboro, Oregon. Hillsboro is one of three locations that Genentech has targeted to ramp up manufacturing, Chairman and CEO Arthur Levinson said.

For details, view the entire article by subscribing to Industrial Info's Premium Industry News at http://www.industrialinfo.com/showNews.jsp?newsitemID=143058, or browse other breaking industrial news stories at www.industrialinfo.com.

Industrial Info Resources (IIR) is a marketing information service specializing in industrial process, energy and financial related markets with products and services ranging from industry news, analytics, forecasting, plant and project databases, as well as multimedia services. For more information send inquiries to pharmabiogroup@industrialinfo.com or visit us at www.industrialinfo.com."

-GNW, again on watch, played it a few times the last month, currently out looking for a chance to get back in.

-RZ, a long term with good potential that needs to find a bottom.

-GFG took a 31% hit yesterday, not sure why. Watch for a bounce.

-IVA, been an easy flip from .16-.20 for the past 6 months. Low to no volume, so not much opportunity for large money.

Spread the word on the board, I know we have some active traders here.

Matt

TCmofo
01-21-2009, 07:01
Good idea keef...how's da weather ova dere with da local kine grind and all dat??

fit4christfit4life
01-21-2009, 07:06
how's da weather ova dere with da local kine grind and all dat??

?

I don't get it.

Matt

TCmofo
01-21-2009, 08:38
Hawaii man....da pigeon talk...locals brah

fit4christfit4life
01-21-2009, 09:03
Hawaii man....da pigeon talk...locals brah

lol, I ain't local, and I say the same thing to them.....I don't get it.

Matt

TCmofo
01-21-2009, 09:26
Yeah, I always thought pigeon was fun to listen to...god I miss the food over there, I was stationed at Hickam for 4 years....

fit4christfit4life
01-21-2009, 09:31
Yeah, I always thought pigeon was fun to listen to...god I miss the food over there, I was stationed at Hickam for 4 years....

Thai is awesome!!!!

So you do much trading? You still in the military?

Matt

fit4christfit4life
01-22-2009, 00:20
Good day in the market today, I suspect tomorrow will be another green if we can break resistance.

DNA up 1%, GNW up 19%, GFG up 18%, RZ up 5%. 43% today not bad :cool:

The market as a whole had a nice green candle today. It Needs some confirmation and break through heavy resistance around the 8250 level.

New stocks
CNO - up 21% and chart is kickin
FTBK - up 15%, looks to be rebounding, don't want it to drop below the $2 support level.
-ETFC -Etrade is up 20%. nice strong candle, resistance at $1.25 area.

For Penny plays
-JCDS is at a buy now after someone walked it down today.
-EESO up 94% today, some nice momo, if you like a lotto should keep going tomorrow but who knows, i'm staying out of it as I don't know anything about the company. If your a momo player it looks pretty good.

-DNA. nice news today with great profits. We Might get a 5%+ pop, but in this overall down market recently who knows. She bounced off support yesterday.

-GNW, again on watch, played it a few times the last month, currently out looking for a chance to get back in.

-RZ, a long term with good potential that needs to find a bottom.

-GFG took a 31% hit yesterday, not sure why. Watch for a bounce.

fit4christfit4life
01-22-2009, 06:36
THMR - a buy and hold, will pop eventually.

Matt

fit4christfit4life
01-23-2009, 06:50
STEM - huge news out before open :wow:

Matt

TCmofo
01-23-2009, 07:34
Minimal amount of trading...and yeah I am still in the military. I look for value more than really digging and doing research on up and comers.

I'm looking into buying GE or BOA, pretty good values right now.

Edit, I mostly invest in mutual funds...

fit4christfit4life
01-23-2009, 09:04
STEM - huge news out before open :wow:

Matt

Did anyone buy STEM! WOW what a great day:wow: OUT with a 20% profit. :cool:

Matt

fit4christfit4life
01-23-2009, 09:07
Minimal amount of trading...and yeah I am still in the military. I look for value more than really digging and doing research on up and comers.

I'm looking into buying GE or BOA, pretty good values right now.

Edit, I mostly invest in mutual funds...

From the chart of GE, I'd wait and see if the market bounces off 7500 again, that's just me. If it does bounce off 7500 again I'd say buy. If 7500 doesn't hold, you just saved a lot of money...

Matt

mike from philly
01-24-2009, 06:23
You've got to be the bravest man in America to buy GE or BAC. Financials are dead. You can't trust their financials nor the management. They have no growth and may be in a big downturn. One of the only things I did right was not buying Financials when everyone said they were at a bottom.

I was looking at Airlines but their charts seem to have blownup. Check out ALK. Gold is starting to look good. Besides those two, I don't see squat that is any good.

Mabo
01-24-2009, 06:39
GE is only part a financials company though, last year I believe 40% of their profit came from their financial arm. Even in this last quarter when they made 44% less than the same quarter last year they pulled down a 3.7 billion dollar profit. Right now at GE's prices (currently $12.03) you are getting a 10% dividend (0.31 cents per share every quarter). When Buffet bought his 3 billion dollars of preffered shares a few months ago he got them for 22.50 I believe and a guaranteed 10% dividend. Now we have the chance to get the same dividend but a better share price. GE paid its dividend through the great depression, I don't think they will be having a problem with our current situation.

fit4christfit4life
01-26-2009, 04:07
SAY, big fall after some news, looks like it's going to bounce after a powerful up day friday.

For a long term, USO, one of many oil stocks. Might have found bottom and at a many year low. It's oil, could be an easy double + in a 6 months to a year. Closed up on rumors of opec cutting jobs which would decrease supply.......

Just a couple I'm looking at for today.

Matt

fit4christfit4life
01-26-2009, 07:48
SAY, big fall after some news, looks like it's going to bounce after a powerful up day friday.

For a long term, USO, one of many oil stocks. Might have found bottom and at a many year low. It's oil, could be an easy double + in a 6 months to a year. Closed up on rumors of opec cutting jobs which would decrease supply.......

Just a couple I'm looking at for today.

Matt

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM SAY!!!! Up 20% 15 mins into open...

USO up 3%.....

Matt

Edit: SAY, out at 20% hehe

fit4christfit4life
01-27-2009, 17:47
XYTS Up 262% today. Odds are, it will keep going tomorrow :wow:

I don't like high risk plays So I'm not touching it.

Matt

fit4christfit4life
02-03-2009, 18:32
Drys !!!!

fit4christfit4life
02-04-2009, 15:17
Drys !!!!

DRYS up 17% today:cool:

Set stop a stop and see where it goes tomorrow.

Matt

fit4christfit4life
02-05-2009, 11:44
DRYS up 17% today:cool:

Set stop a stop and see where it goes tomorrow.

Matt

Stopped out at 7%. Don't people hope for that in a year? :cool:

Matt

fit4christfit4life
02-05-2009, 11:57
FVRL - @ .13 hold for a swing

thooks
02-06-2009, 13:31

You miss the food in Hawaii? Doood...

I hated the food in Hawaii. And most everybody else that I talked to said the same thing, even most of the locals. Unless you're eating at some of the high-dollar, no-chain joints in Waikiki every night or at a Maui Taco, the food is awful expensive for crap.

fit4christfit4life
02-09-2009, 15:25
I can't believe I missed the GE news last week. Bailout handout. Up 13% today. I'm contemplating getting in tomorrow for a flip. not sure

fit4christfit4life
02-09-2009, 17:32
Bcon @ .52

fit4christfit4life
02-11-2009, 11:50
SIRI - bounce play @ .06

fit4christfit4life
02-12-2009, 12:41
SIRI - out at .07, 10% easy....

COYN - IN today @ .28

Liquid
02-12-2009, 18:44
i picked up some GNW when it was a buck. i regret not getting more of it.

any thoughts on the big 3, could they really all fail?

fit4christfit4life
02-12-2009, 18:54
i picked up some GNW when it was a buck. i regret not getting more of it.

any thoughts on the big 3, could they really all fail?

Nice buy on the GNW!!! I'm currently out of that waiting for another opportunity, which is prolly now lol.

As to your other question. My opinion doesn't mean much with the dog and pony show going on right now (that and I am by no means a professional) but Did you see INDU candle today (Dragonfly doji)?!?!?! A possible reversal of the market. Not sure if your into reading charts or not so I'll just give the explanation for you or those who don't know.

"A "dragonfly" doji is the most uncommon candle of the four different types of dojis. As with any doji, the dragonfly depicts a situation in which supply and demand are in equilibrium, thus possibly signaling an important reversal."

Tomorrow or monday will be confirmation days on to whether or not we see a reversal in the market. Honestly, I have no idea I can only go by the charts b/c i'm kind of a conspiracy theorist and the market is easily manipulated. Anyway, if 7500 can hold, which there is great buying pressure when it nears that point the last 3 or 4 times, we will be good chart wise. Let's see where we head after that candle today in the next couple of days.

Matt

*edit to add, I pulled up GNW's chart and candle looks nice. If the market turns north so will GNW and everything else. BIGBOARDS are playing like pennies now. I don't hold anything long anymore, not until a confirmation. Mega money can be made in this market!!!

CTSixshot
02-12-2009, 19:04
i picked up some GNW when it was a buck. i regret not getting more of it...

You know what they say about hindsight...

Sell a cash-secured put on GNW, say the Mar 2.50, and pay an adjusted $2.00 ( $0.45 bid today) or so a share, if GNW closes below $2.50 on 21 March 09. If above $2.50, you still have your cash in the account plus the premium received.

fit4christfit4life
02-13-2009, 08:41
ugh, should have held siri longer or put a stop in, up another 24% today lol. Could have had a 100% gain on a BIG BOARD!!!!! oh well. I aint' chasing. I learned that the hard way heh.

Always stick to your plan and never second guess yourself. I learned, you can always set a stop to lock in profits if you think there is a chance it could keep going and walk the stop up allong the way. Which I usually do, but didn't on this.

Matt

fit4christfit4life
02-13-2009, 09:13
Looks like market will close green today. Confirmation of yesterdays candle!

CTSixshot
02-13-2009, 09:25
You need SIRI to go up? Let me short it or sell the last 100 shares (I don't have it actually) I have and it will immediately skyrocket!

I'm amazed how the entire world financial system hinges on my psaltry $500 or so investment decisions. I can sell a stock that I've held for years, maybe just finally eeking a slight profit and that very day it will surge ahead and move more than it ever has in its entire history. Likewise if I take a meager position....Look out below!

Some just have the touch...others don't!

fit4christfit4life
02-13-2009, 11:13
You need SIRI to go up? Let me short it or sell the last 100 shares (I don't have it actually) I have and it will immediately skyrocket!

I'm amazed how the entire world financial system hinges on my psaltry $500 or so investment decisions. I can sell a stock that I've held for years, maybe just finally eeking a slight profit and that very day it will surge ahead and move more than it ever has in its entire history. Likewise if I take a meager position....Look out below!

Some just have the touch...others don't!

Lol, it's all about timing and education. The more eyes you have looking for stocks, the better chances you have at picking your target, creating a plan, sticking to it, setting your stops to minimize loss, and your sell orders.

I hope the market bounces back into green (I might have spoke to soon) hopefully we get the EOD bounce. Fridays are hard days to tell.

Matt

fit4christfit4life
02-17-2009, 22:08
Looks like that candle meant nothing. Not surprising though, this is not normal market conditions. Lets hope Bottom holds over these next few days. It's getting close.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/notoriouskeef/chart.jpg

fit4christfit4life
02-20-2009, 21:57
COYN - closed today at .41, I am still holding all my shares from .28:cool: Holding for $1 +

IVA - She's moving up nicely the last few weeks. Expected to hit $2-$3 Closed at .43 today! I got it at .15 :cool: Been holding for 6 months though. Company has been buying back shares slowly the last few months and has finally got some legs and attention from the looks of things!

*****************C L A S S I F I E D S E C R E T*****************

NEXT WEEKS CALL, you saw it here!!!!

FITB - @ $1.03 expecting a BOOM soon, maybe even next week. Possibly $6-$9 target.

FITB-Book Value: $ 16.65

This one could get you a 10 bagger before summer :-)

fit4christfit4life
02-22-2009, 21:04
More for next week. WATCH HIG, DRYS, GNW.

fit4christfit4life
02-23-2009, 14:45
It's only monday!!!!!!!!! This market is a chance of a lifetime folks. Big boards move like pennies! Just need to find them!

FITB up 20% :cool: in ONE DAY. You could have a 500%-1000% here by Summer!

IVA up 16% :cool:

COYN down 4% still up overall, and holding till $1+

GNW looking sweet at these levels. Gonna wait for a bottom indicator.

COYN - closed today at .41, I am still holding all my shares from .28:cool: Holding for $1 +

IVA - She's moving up nicely the last few weeks. Expected to hit $2-$3 Closed at .43 today! I got it at .15 :cool: Been holding for 6 months though. Company has been buying back shares slowly the last few months and has finally got some legs and attention from the looks of things!

*****************C L A S S I F I E D S E C R E T*****************

NEXT WEEKS CALL, you saw it here!!!!

FITB - @ $1.03 expecting a BOOM soon, maybe even next week. Possibly $6-$9 target.

FITB-Book Value: $ 16.65

This one could get you a 10 bagger before summer :-)

wildriver
02-23-2009, 15:07
hey guys, i just took my money out of etrade due to all of the bs fees, i am thinking of scott trade or sogo trade do you guys have any preference?

wildriver
02-23-2009, 15:10
what long shot plays are you guys looking at? I have never bought any penny stocks and wonder if anyone here has hit the jackpot also what made you decide on that stock.
thanks in advance for all of the questions!

fit4christfit4life
02-23-2009, 15:26
hey guys, i just took my money out of etrade due to all of the bs fees, i am thinking of scott trade or sogo trade do you guys have any preference?

I use scottrade (good but expensive and too many restrictions) and zecco. Zecco cheap, no restrictions that i've found.

Matt

fit4christfit4life
02-23-2009, 15:35
what long shot plays are you guys looking at? I have never bought any penny stocks and wonder if anyone here has hit the jackpot also what made you decide on that stock.
thanks in advance for all of the questions!

Long? I am not long here in this market. Most of, if not all of the investors I know are no longer long either. I do hold some for a week to a couple months. For example, FITB, prolly a good stock to hold for a week-month or two but you never know, especially in this market. It's going to go a lot lower, i think 6600 near term, lower than that eventually.

As far as penny stocks. That is a quick way to lose your money. When I first started I tried the get rich quick and lost almost all of it on penny stocks. But we live and learn. Unless you know how to read charts, and watch a 1 min, 5 min chart and the l2 realtime, and are around during market hours, you prolly shouldn't play pennies. Also, you can't set stops on pennies, at least with scottrade.

The only penny I own is JCDS. Been holding it for over a year. That's my only, lottery play (as they call it).

The following is a little about JCDS. I'm not saying buy or anything just giving you some insight.

JC Data Solutions, Inc. is a Manufacturer and Distributor of Data Management Systems.
The company was first started in 1996 providing data collection and software integration for
companies throughout the U.S. Since then they have developed data and document management
programs; Software, (ScanDocs, ViewDocs and WebDocs)

JCDS began collecting data for GTE, which is now Verizon on their Extended Local Calling program.
From there they began collecting data in different ways by providing electronic forms for company
such as Philips Electronics, Gear for Sports, SBC, and several different attorney firms. Today they
provide a number of services, all centered on data collection.

Our objective has been shaped by our experience and is directed at focusing on three key industries,
Healthcare, Attorneys and Oil & Gas. By offering niche programs that are derived from our core
products we have developed a market that supports these three industries and in most cases
reduces the amount of overhead and helps make these businesses more efficient.

JC Data Solutions, Inc. proprietary software solutions are targeted to the legal, health care, and oil and gas industries. Whether a company is a small organization or a Fortune 500 company, today’s highly dynamic and competitive environment demands efficient organization and management of the flow of information both internally and externally. In this $500 million dollar electronic document management market, JCDS is able to provide a solution that will assist any sized business!

TEN WAYS EFT CAN HELP YOU AND YOUR CUSTOMER

Move more investors to EFT
Eliminate or Reduce Printed Checks
Eliminate or Reduce Printed Statements
Reduce Labor Cost
Eliminate Postal Delivery Cost and Lost Mail
Customize an Email Notification Program
Reduce Your Accounting Time and Cost
Controlled Cash Management
Build an Information Database
Keep You Sarbanes Oxley Compliant
The Turn-key Solution: software that integrates with your company’s accounting system for formatting, we then process the data to the Federal Reserve Bank and to the recipient’s bank, plus provide them an email notification, statement processing to the web and full reporting to you plus check printing and dispatching to those investors who decline EFT of funds.

ELECTRONIC FUNDS TRANSFERS - ELECTRONIC INVOICES - ELECTRONIC MEDICAL DOCUMENTS
ELECTRONIC FILING FOR LEGAL - EOB TRACKING - REQUISITION TRACKING - ETC

Specialty Programs Include; ACH processing for Electronic Funds Transfer, Court File Generator,
EOB Retrieval System for Medical, Client Prospect Tracking, Web Surveys, Web Storage for
Personal Documents, Web Storage for Business Documents, ETC.

With over 50 years of technical experience, we have the solid foundation needed to move business to the next level.

Below is a list of Suggested Retail prices for some of JC Data software programs.
Hope this sheds a light on potential revenue stream with each software package JC Data sells:

and their last PR

JC Data Solutions and Neofirma, Inc. Join Forces to Offer Products to Service the Oil & Gas Industry

IRVING, TX--(MARKET WIRE)--Dec 9, 2008 -- JC Data Solutions (Other OTC:JCDS.PK - News) and Neofirma, Inc. have finalized an agreement to jointly offer JC Data's payment management services integrated with Neofirma's online energy asset management service for the Oil & Gas Industry. Not only will these services increase efficiency in disbursements and data management for the Oil & Gas Industry but will also increase sales and client base for both JCDS and Neofirma.

Just something to think about. :-) I have 20% my first sell order at .02 and holding the rest to what I think will be much more. That being said, big boards are playing like pennies now and are much safer if you know what your doing, and of course, find the right one :-)

Matt

wildriver
02-23-2009, 15:52
thanks for the insight, I think I will stick with the blue chips and once we get around 6500 i will start buying.

fit4christfit4life
02-23-2009, 17:04
NCII - @.51 looks good until .59. A def buy once it breaks and holds .60+.

Bacchus99
02-23-2009, 20:34
I recently opened a Scottrade acct and want to start learning how to trade. It seems like a good time, although volatile, to buy some secure stocks. I want to start out with 500 bucks and learn the ropes. Its not much but its all i'm willing to lose learning the ropes. Once I feel comfortable I may try more. Any suggestions? The hardest thing I have found is the termilogy. Mainly the types of buy/sells and order types. My occupation is writing software so i feel like i have the technical ability and analytical skills i'll need to be successful. Any suggestions to help me get started?

fit4christfit4life
02-23-2009, 21:42
I recently opened a Scottrade acct and want to start learning how to trade. It seems like a good time, although volatile, to buy some secure stocks. I want to start out with 500 bucks and learn the ropes. Its not much but its all i'm willing to lose learning the ropes. Once I feel comfortable I may try more. Any suggestions? The hardest thing I have found is the termilogy. Mainly the types of buy/sells and order types. My occupation is writing software so i feel like i have the technical ability and analytical skills i'll need to be successful. Any suggestions to help me get started?

Yep, before you buy anything, learn how to read charts. At least you'll know if you buying at support or resistance, possible sell and stop orders. Also, search youtube for chart reading for newbs or something. That will be a great. Candles, Support, resistance, MACD, volume, DMA etc... you'll want to become familiar with all of those.

I bought my first shares not knowing a dang thing and most all of them were bought at a high point and did nothing but go down lol. Since then I have done days upon days of study/reading/videos.

If by chance you stumble across any penny stock forums out there, be VERY CAREFUL and do not listen to anything posted. People are out to make money by taking yours. They don't care what they say, it's called a "pump". If they say, I'm buying 500,000 shares, odds are, they are really selling theirs and want you to buy them.

From a man that lost a lot knowing nothing at the start, education is key!

hope that helps. I'm gonna try and find some video's or links for you. I know a guy that has create an awesome stock trading video for newbs, it's 100 bucks I think. There is hours of training on it. For the mere 100 bucks, it will prolly save you thousands down the road, it did me.

PM if your interested in the video and I'll send you his info.

Hope that helped :cool:

Matt

Edit to add: If I could trade for a living, I would. It is a blast, I love doing the research on a target, picking it, creating a plan, and making money, or losing lol It wouldn't be fun if you won everytime. I also love networking with people getting the "know know" it's what I call it anyway lol. I don't have a lot of time since i'm in the military so instead I have made a large network of investors. The more people i know the more money I make and hopefully one day, I can do this for a living.

fit4christfit4life
02-23-2009, 21:51
Tlan @ .04

fit4christfit4life
02-24-2009, 15:56
FITB - UP ANOTHER 17%%% today, tomorrow I expect we'll blow through the small resistance of $1.50 we bounced off of twice today, 3rd times the charm!!!! I tried to buy more today at 1.18 but my funds were not clear, DOH!

IVA - up 20% today!!

Over 70% in two days!!!!:cool:

Tomorrow call, watch AOAG name change and momo comming. IVA, FITB, still a buy!

It's only monday!!!!!!!!! This market is a chance of a lifetime folks. Big boards move like pennies! Just need to find them!

FITB up 20% :cool: in ONE DAY. You could have a 500%-1000% here by Summer!

IVA up 16% :cool:

COYN down 4% still up overall, and holding till $1+

GNW looking sweet at these levels. Gonna wait for a bottom indicator.

Bacchus99
02-24-2009, 19:07
Will a stock always be available to buy/sell? For example, if i wanted to buy 30 shares of google tomorrow, I don't but what if, would i be able too no problem or does someone have to be selling them to be able to buy them? And vice versa...if i saw i bought a stock low and was ready to sell at a higher price and get a check for it would i be able to sell whenever i wanted? I wanted to buy some google back when it was 298 a share...it closed at 345.45 today. To me that is a decent return in only a few weeks.

CTSixshot
02-24-2009, 22:46
That's the whole point of the market. All buy orders are matched with sell orders, that is, the buyer's order is always met by a seller's order or they are satisfied by stock from the specialist's or market maker's inventory. Granted, there are exceptions such as trading halts, minimum fill requirements, etc., but in basic terms the whole point of an orderly market is to bring a buyer and seller together.

fit4christfit4life
02-25-2009, 12:53
FITB - BROKE THROUGH $1.50 just now, KABOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 at 1.91 currently. I added this morning at $1.47!!!!!!

Can't beleive more people dont' read this board lol.

Matt

fit4christfit4life
02-25-2009, 12:55
FITB - @ 2.08 now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fit4christfit4life
02-25-2009, 13:09
This time is a great opportunity folks.

"when others are fearful be greedy"

Matt

Bacchus99
02-25-2009, 13:53
Wish i knew what i was doing with my Scottrade acct...i'd jump in there with you...might be a few weeks before i get enough research done to feel comfortable to start trading. Any tips welcome!

fit4christfit4life
02-26-2009, 08:07
Wish i knew what i was doing with my Scottrade acct...i'd jump in there with you...might be a few weeks before i get enough research done to feel comfortable to start trading. Any tips welcome!

That is just fine. Educate yourself first. No worse feeling than throwing money at something and not having a clue what your doing lol.

I just want to remind everyone, I am by no means a professional, and do not invest in something just b/c I bring it up on the board. ALWAYS do your own research and make your own decisions.

That being said, FITB is 100% gain at my buy at 1.43 YESTERDAY and well over 100% at my call/buy at 1.09. I'm gonna put a stop in at 1.50 once it breaks that and walk it up. Friday the stock should drop back down and I'd like to double my position. This is a $6-$9 stock imo.

Bank of America - BAC and GNW are also a buy now imo.

Matt

Bacchus99
02-26-2009, 08:15
I'd like to buy some FITB if it drops again. What type of buy do most people do...just a plain market buy or a limit buy? I understand the difference in the two. How long on a scottrade acct does it take to execute a market buy? 5 minutes, 5 hours? It wouldn't seem to risky to do a market buy if it executes within minutes but if it executes in hours i could see some risk there.

fit4christfit4life
02-26-2009, 08:29
FITB - I'm out at 2.50, hoping tomorrow I can get back in cheaper. Touched 2.70 30 seconds later lol, oh well. I'm happy with over 100%

Matt

fit4christfit4life
02-26-2009, 08:31
I'd like to buy some FITB if it drops again. What type of buy do most people do...just a plain market buy or a limit buy? I understand the difference in the two. How long on a scottrade acct does it take to execute a market buy? 5 minutes, 5 hours? It wouldn't seem to risky to do a market buy if it executes within minutes but if it executes in hours i could see some risk there.

Well that depends on if you are around during the time you wish to buy. If the stock hits the price you want you can just setup a market order, which will buy however many shares you want at that time and price. If you are not around. Set a limit order at what you think the stock will dip too and if it does dip that far it will hopefully fill your order. Market buy's are usually done near instantly through scottrade. LIMIT buys, well, that depends if the stock actually hit's your limit price.

Hope that helped.

Matt

fit4christfit4life
02-26-2009, 08:39
FITB- is sitll a buy imo. should be a $6-9 stock. I'm just trying to double my position if posisble. At 2.70 now lol. I'm just waiting to get back in for hopefully a friday sell off. The chart is due for a retrace.

Bacchus99
02-26-2009, 09:12
A market sell is usually that fast too?

fit4christfit4life
02-26-2009, 09:21
A market sell is usually that fast too?

Yep, b/c it will sell it to whatever is on the bid at that time.

CTSixshot
02-26-2009, 09:48
Watch your limit orders, if not marked AON (all or non) because the market maker is only obligated to honor so many shares at their marked price (usually 100 shares). I don't have the exact rule, but it works something like that.
Perhaps you had a 600 share sell order at $7.75 (Special instructions: None) and find out that the stock hit that price, but you only got a fill of 100 shares...that's what I'm referring to.

FWIW, Webster Financial (WBS) also moving higher today.

Bacchus99
02-26-2009, 09:59
Watch your limit orders, if not marked AON (all or non) because the market maker is only obligated to honor so many shares at their marked price (usually 100 shares). I don't have the exact rule, but it works something like that.
Perhaps you had a 600 share sell order at $7.75 (Special instructions: None) and find out that the stock hit that price, but you only got a fill of 100 shares...that's what I'm referring to.

FWIW, Webster Financial (WBS) also moving higher today.

Yeah it seems you'd want to do AON most of the time on any limit orders.

jonathangalt
02-26-2009, 10:24
anyone here buying gold stocks?

fit4christfit4life
02-26-2009, 10:41

Not me personally, but I have friends playing UXG. The chart looks good to me :-) I don't have enough money to play everything I want too, but if i did, UXG would be one.

Matt

CTSixshot
02-26-2009, 11:15

Sure... I always thought UXG was worthwhile. Thought their bio-leaching had promise, but I guess that's old news, just like USGL is. I like that they're mostly domestic, too. I don't want the added political risk of major operations in Venezuela, Ghana, East Podunk, etc. NG is pretty much a domestic play, too.

You've probably noticed the good numbers ABX, IAG, EGO, GSS and others have been posting of late. (Granted, many of these have Mongolian exposure and such, as cautioned about above.)

It doesn't make for a sure thing, but being part owner in a company that has real wealth in and above the ground makes sense in such a fiscally and politically responsible era!

jonathangalt
02-26-2009, 13:44
Sure... I always thought UXG was worthwhile. Thought their bio-leaching had promise, but I guess that's old news, just like USGL is. I like that they're mostly domestic, too. I don't want the added political risk of major operations in Venezuela, Ghana, East Podunk, etc. NG is pretty much a domestic play, too.

You've probably noticed the good numbers ABX, IAG, EGO, GSS and others have been posting of late. (Granted, many of these have Mongolian exposure and such, as cautioned about above.)

It doesn't make for a sure thing, but being part owner in a company that has real wealth in and above the ground makes sense in such a fiscally and politically responsible era!

i only have a 1000 shares of iag but i got them back in nov when it was trading around 3-4 :supergrin:

fit4christfit4life
02-26-2009, 17:15
Placing a buy order tomorrow at $1.25 for FITB, I expect a red day tomorrow! So if your looking to get in, tomorrow might be a good day.

fit4christfit4life
02-26-2009, 22:33
NEVER MIND. I just got a 4 day notice to head overseas. I won't be around for about a month. Gonna be busy. Putting some funds into JCDS tomorrow morning that's it.

Have a good one guys and make some money when i'm gone and be prepared to let me know what's moving and what's not when i get back!

Matt

CTSixshot
02-26-2009, 22:42
i only have a 1000 shares of iag but i got them back in nov when it was trading around 3-4 :supergrin:

Well, you've done pretty well, I'd say! Looks like it's been a steady climb since the days of $3.

fit4christfit4life
02-26-2009, 23:28
NEVER MIND. I just got a 4 day notice to head overseas. I won't be around for about a month. Gonna be busy. Putting some funds into JCDS tomorrow morning that's it.

Have a good one guys and make some money when i'm gone and be prepared to let me know what's moving and what's not when i get back!

Matt

I changed my mind:whistling:. GGP - risk/reward to good to pass up. Keep on watch!

Matt

jonathangalt
02-27-2009, 08:10
Well, you've done pretty well, I'd say! Looks like it's been a steady climb since the days of $3.

if you were me, would you sell it?? right now it seems that the only thing green in my portfolio are my gold stocks...even my blue chips are in the red...

CTSixshot
02-27-2009, 12:31
Hmmmmm.... with a thousand shares at $8.09 currently...I do wish I were you! (I'm such a small player, but then again, I'm not living in Greenwich either. God bless you!)

Anyhow...one can never be ashamed by taking a 100% plus gain. Taking a solid profit is never a bad thing in my book.

If you were me, the very day that you sell your IAG it will surge above $10 and continue doing the same for the next few weeks. Once it hits $25 you'll still be kicking yourself for selling.

In all seriousness, have you considered selling the stock and using a small portion for call option purchases? You can maintain exposure and benefit if the price goes higher, but you don't risk as much downside.

More details coming.....

CTSixshot
02-27-2009, 13:03
For all of my option discussions, please note that I'm only dealing with cash trades....no margin, no naked positions etc. That is, buying puts and calls or selling calls against stock that you own (covered call writing) or selling puts against a cash balance in your account (cash-secured puts). This doesn't eliminate risk, but it keeps it to no more then the premium paid, that is 100% of your investment. That's enough in my humble way of looking at it!
Option trading, especially buying options is risky. Let's say you buy call options on IAG.... It does give you leverage with unlimited profit potential, but you can lose 100%, too. You are buying the right to purchase IAG at a set price for a set time frame. (I hope this isn't all common knowledge to you, else I'm just wasting our time!)

Allow me to use an example based on here and now price data. IAG : $8.10 (assume $10/19 comx for stock/option)

You expect IAG to move higher in the next few months, but don't want to plunk down $8110 for 1000 shares.
You decide to buy ten Sep10 calls at $1.25 = $1269.00 (that's 204 days til expiration)
You now have the right, not the obligation, to buy 1000 shares of IAG at $10 a share up til the 19th of September.
Let's say IAG is at $12 come May 14. You now have a position that is "in-the money" by $2. Your Sep 10 will be bid at $2 (intrinsic value) plus about $0.70 in time remaining value (guesstimate) = $2.70
At this point, you may simply close your position and take the ~100% profit. In other words, you sell your ten Sep 10 calls for $2.70 = $2681. You can be greedy and hold thinking IAG will be $15 in another month...your call!
Let's say IAG fluctuates around $7 to $11 all the way up to September and come the 19th IAG closes at $9.78. If you are still holding those Sep 10 calls they are now worthless and come Monday following, no longer exist. You have lost 100% of your investmet, ie $1269

Am I totally boring you, yet?

fit4christfit4life
02-27-2009, 13:15
For all of my option discussions, please note that I'm only dealing with cash trades....no margin, no naked positions etc. That is, buying puts and calls or selling calls against stock that you own (covered call writing) or selling puts against a cash balance in your account (cash-secured puts). This doesn't eliminate risk, but it keeps it to no more then the premium paid, that is 100% of your investment. That's enough in my humble way of looking at it!
Option trading, especially buying options is risky. Let's say you buy call options on IAG.... It does give you leverage with unlimited profit potential, but you can lose 100%, too. You are buying the right to purchase IAG at a set price for a set time frame. (I hope this isn't all common knowledge to you, else I'm just wasting our time!)

Allow me to use an example based on here and now price data. IAG : $8.10 (assume $10/19 comx for stock/option)

You expect IAG to move higher in the next few months, but don't want to plunk down $8110 for 1000 shares.
You decide to buy ten Sep10 calls at $1.25 = $1269.00 (that's 204 days til expiration)
You now have the right, not the obligation, to buy 1000 shares of IAG at $10 a share up til the 19th of September.
Let's say IAG is at $12 come May 14. You now have a position that is "in-the money" by $2. Your Sep 10 will be bid at $2 (intrinsic value) plus about $0.70 in time remaining value (guesstimate) = $2.70
At this point, you may simply close your position and take the ~100% profit. In other words, you sell your ten Sep 10 calls for $2.70 = $2681. You can be greedy and hold thinking IAG will be $15 in another month...your call!
Let's say IAG fluctuates around $7 to $11 all the way up to September and come the 19th IAG closes at $9.78. If you are still holding those Sep 10 calls they are now worthless and come Monday following, no longer exist. You have lost 100% of your investmet, ie $1269

Am I totally boring you, yet?

I have yet to play with options. I am definately interested. I'll have to get with you when I get back in a few weeks!

I did not jump into GGP this morning. Something to keep on watch though and see if the rumor of BK unfolds or not. If they get their loans settled it...go....boom!

Thanks,
Matt

CTSixshot
02-27-2009, 13:23
Matt, it's probably better that you haven't!
I'm hardly the option authority, but I'll gladly throw around what little I know. I tend to keep it on the conservative side and generally limit my option activity to the most conservative strategies going, that is, writing covered calls and selling cash-secured puts.
Bon voyage!

CTSixshot
02-27-2009, 13:46
Ready for another scenario?

Let's work with the current long position of 1000 shares IAG. You like the stock (that's why you own it), but you don't expect it to move ahead much in the next month or two. What can you do?

You can hold tight and just wait.
You can generate some income (technically capital gains) by selling calls against that stock. There are risks.

Actual example based on current prices: IAG $7.98b April 10 call $0.20b
(The premium isn't that great, but let's continue for sake of example)...
Sell ten Apr 10 calls at $0.20 = $181 You now have $181 in your account, but you are obligated to sell your 1000 shares at $10, if called on or before expiration on 18 April 09.

Let's say the stock fluctuates and eventually climbs to $9.55 at expiration. Your option is "out-of-the-money" and ceases to exist (that is, you are no longer under the obligation to sell your 1000 shares). In fact, come the following Monday you can sell the June contract (or any other of your choosing) if the premium is acceptable and generate some more capital gains. You still own your 1000shares.

Let's say the stock rallies more than you expected and it closes on 18 April at $12.30... assuming you don't close your position (we'll get into that another time), you will be assigned an exercise and are obligated to sell your 1000 shares at $10. You forfeit any gains above your strike price. Your stock is called away at a pice less than current market value.

The risk is that your position of 1000 shares of IAG is not protected if it drops in price (but by the amount of premium received) and you forfeit additional gains above the strike price plus premium received.

Got it!

More later...if you insist!

jonathangalt
02-27-2009, 14:14
well, i must say that call options wouldn't be a bad idea, being that i think the price of gold is going to go much higher than it is now...thanks for the idea ctsixshot

jonathangalt
02-27-2009, 14:15
the only mining stock that's really holding me down right now is HL (helca mining)

CTSixshot
02-27-2009, 15:24
You bet!
I hear you on HL. CDE was similar for me, but we finally just capitulated, moved on and never looked back...it's still below a dollar!
Years back I did the surface tour out in Lead, South Dakota of the Homestake Mine...remember them! http://www.homestaketour.com/
Yes...HM, LAC, PGU, USMX etc.

CTSixshot
03-03-2009, 14:11
If only I had $3000 hanging around.... AMR at $3.13
Sell 10 March $3 puts on AMR for $0.40 = $381
If AMR is above $3 on 20 Mar 09, I have $3381 (+12.7%) in my account...
...if AMR is below $3 on 20 Mar 09, I will own 1000 shares of AMR at and adjusted cost of $2.64 a share.

jonathangalt
03-03-2009, 15:03
ahhhh me gold, its melting!!

CTSixshot
03-04-2009, 13:23
ahhhh me gold, its melting!!

Even in a molten state, your ounce of gold is still an ounce of gold!
Can only say that your fiat currency Federal Reserve Note is worth one hundred pennies!

I guess it's time for my ounce of coal vs. ounce of gold joke...which is heavier?
That's correct, gold! One ounce of coal is 28.350 grams/437.5 grains; one ounce of gold is 31.103 grams/480 grains (troy vs. avoirdupois).

CTSixshot
03-13-2009, 12:33
Wow...look at Alaska Communications Systems Group Inc. (ALSK)...
...bid at $4.96. Current dividend yield 17.3%

ANCHORAGE, Alaska, Mar 20, 2009 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Alaska Communications Systems Group, Inc. ("ACS") (ALSK) today announced its board of directors declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.215 per share on the company's common stock. The dividend is payable on April 15, 2009 to stockholders of record at the close of business on March 31, 2009. $6.15 bid 1100 hours

With $5000 cash in your account...
...sell 10 Apr $5 puts at $0.50 = ~$480...
If above $5 by 18 April 2009, your option position expires. You made $480 or 9.6% in 36 days.
If below $5 by 18 April 2009, you will be obligated to buy 1000 shares of ALSK at $5 a share (adjusted cost = $4501 or $4.50 a share).

Current bid (17 March 1100 hours: $5.13)

CTSixshot
03-17-2009, 08:58
Didn't have quite enough $$ to do the above scenario today, but I rolled the proceeds from SWHC into an AMR position...cash-secured April $3 puts. That will yield 18.9% in 32 days if expired. If exercised, we'll own AMR at an adjusted cost of $2.47 a share...now bid at $3.12 (1050 hours).

Yes, I know.. whoop tee doo!

Looks like the position will expire out-of-the-money and we'll net a modest 18.9% for 32 days worth...AMR above $5 Thursday AM. (Could have gained a handy 64% had we bought AMR outright, but who knows..."coulda, woulda, shoulda"...)

fit4christfit4life
04-15-2009, 15:05
Ok I'm back from Korea.

Sold COYN and took a position in DSUP today. Little Risky. news comming out on the 20th. If good, will be at least 100%.

Matt

fit4christfit4life
04-16-2009, 14:12
LAB @ $3.76. Earnings come out before market open. Good chance of a nice swing here...

Matt

fit4christfit4life
04-17-2009, 14:28
LAB @ $3.76. Earnings come out before market open. Good chance of a nice swing here...

Matt

LAB closed at $4.50 today :cool: Earnings come out next week :wow:

Matt

TCmofo
04-17-2009, 14:56
You've got to be the bravest man in America to buy GE or BAC. Financials are dead. You can't trust their financials nor the management. They have no growth and may be in a big downturn. One of the only things I did right was not buying Financials when everyone said they were at a bottom.

I was looking at Airlines but their charts seem to have blownup. Check out ALK. Gold is starting to look good. Besides those two, I don't see squat that is any good.

So I bought GE and BAC (Bank of America) back when GE was around 7.50 and BAC was around 3.50....I'd say it worked out! GE is above 12 and BAC is above 10.

fit4christfit4life
04-17-2009, 16:13
So I bought GE and BAC (Bank of America) back when GE was around 7.50 and BAC was around 3.50....I'd say it worked out! GE is above 12 and BAC is above 10.

Nice buys!!!! You still holding them?

When the market starts to take a crap again and you sell your financials. FAZ is where it is going to be at.

Matt

fit4christfit4life
04-20-2009, 14:38
grrrrrrrrrreat. DSUP went Chapter 11 over the weekend. 75% dump today lol. I'm still holding. HOping for a dead cat bounce to mimimize my losses. Company is over 100 years old and 4 days after I buy them they go bankrupt, what are the odds lol.

Matt

fit4christfit4life
04-20-2009, 14:39
Nice buys!!!! You still holding them?

When the market starts to take a crap again and you sell your financials. FAZ is where it is going to be at.

Matt

Like today LOL. Market down almost 300 points. FAZ up 30%. Tomorrow should be another good day for FAZ. I'm contemplating getting in.

If anyone is still holding financials, it is my honest opinion to get out and secure your profit.

Matt

fit4christfit4life
04-22-2009, 14:27
Market taking a dump. In FAZ @ $9.90.

Matt

fit4christfit4life
04-22-2009, 18:08
In FAZ biggly after hours @ $9.80.

Folks, everything is over bought and market setting up for a drop!

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idINN2218972320090422?rpc=44

The following is copied from a news letter Daily Profit.

"Q: Can you offer us three new trades that someone can act upon right now - and hopefully be just as explosive?
Right now, I feel like that the markets have temporarily topped out - and we're now due for some selling pressure. Therefore, I'm currently getting my Bottarelli Research members positioned in three powerful "Ultra" positions, which move at a rate of 2x and 3x their respective benchmark averages. If we experience the pull-back that I expect, all three of these plays will catapult aggressively higher.
The first one is called the Direxion Financial Bear 3X Shares (FAZ), which moves at a rate of 300% of the inverse daily performance of the Russell 1000 Financial Services Index. In other words, if the Russell 1000 Financial Services Index moves down 3% on the day, the FAZ is designed to move UP 9%.
Right now, I feel that our financial system is in one of the most fragile moments in history. Over the last five weeks, the sentiment on Wall Street seems to indicate that the problems have been addressed - and all the problems in the financial system have now been corrected. I do not believe this one bit.
Don't let the Fed and the Treasury pull the wool over your eyes. From what I'm reading, 16 of the top 19 banks in the nation are technically insolvent. What's worse, if any two of the 16 insolvent banks go under, they'll totally wipe out all remaining FDIC insurance funding. This is a very scary situation. And it makes a very strong case for owning the FAZ right now.
If you look at the FAZ chart below, you'll see that this was a $120.00 asset in early March. Now, after a furious rebound in the financial sector, you can own FAZ for under $11.00! If we see another aggressive pull-back in the financial sector, you could realistically see the FAZ return to their March highs. Heck, if it moves up to $50.00, that's still a 400% gain from current levels!"

Matt

fit4christfit4life
04-23-2009, 16:23
FAZ added today after the dip@ $8.92 After Hours! Financials and DOW closed at resistance today. Looking forward to the 100%+ on FAZ in the next couple weeks. JMHO of course :-)

More news on the financial status: http://www.cnbc.com/id/30366884

Matt

fit4christfit4life
04-23-2009, 16:24
Out of FAZ... for now. Guess we have to wait for the real stress test results to come out on may 5th. Today was a bunch of bs, but again, financials going up for no reason.

Matt

fit4christfit4life
04-26-2009, 22:58
27 April stocks on watch.

NVAX, THC, DCGN and FAZ.

fit4christfit4life
04-27-2009, 14:39
27 April stocks on watch.

NVAX, THC, DCGN and FAZ.

I could kick myself in the face. I set my alarm to buy NVAX pre hours (had to wake up at 2am being in hawaii) Alarm goes off, I shut it off. I wake up at my normal time to see it at 106%+!!!!!! UGH! Was the perfect Swine Flu play. Ended up hitting 111% I beleive and closed at 79%.

Matt

Bacchus99
05-06-2009, 08:57
Lets keeps this thread going....what we buying?!?! LOL

CTSixshot
05-06-2009, 19:00
Navios Maritime (NM) and FreeSeas Inc (FREE) a few weeks ago...

fit4christfit4life
05-06-2009, 20:04
I've been so busy banking I havn't had time to post lol. Sorry. Stress test comming out tomorrow. Looks like it will go well. Prolly going to catch a bounce on some of the bad banks. For tomorrow. OPMR online gambling bill presented today, if passes will be worth over 2 bucks. I'm in at .70. Umm just got out of APL for 20%+. Umm BKUNA (i'm in) bank has 3 bidders could be nice! On watch for tomorrow NEXM had a huge day today. It closed AH over the 200MA going to see if it holds it pre market and if it does i'm in, it has a huge gap to fill.

fit4christfit4life
05-06-2009, 20:07
Navios Maritime (NM) and FreeSeas Inc (FREE) a few weeks ago...

FREE looks like it could still be good. A break over the $2.00 mark could send it to the 200MA for a 15-25%. Not a lot of volume though...

Matt

fit4christfit4life
05-07-2009, 12:01
OPMR just filed today that they will be voting on a Reverse Split on the 23rd, my plan is to be out with a profit before the 23rd lol. NEXM, up 40% today got in pre hours hehe. BKUNA trading sideways until news. Other than that i'm pretty busy here. Don't plan on playing anything today or maybe the rest of the week depending on how bad the stress test news is.

Matt

unit1069
05-09-2009, 16:31
Since there is not a stock forum, I figure i will start a thread here. I would like this just to be a post to bring stocks to light, not try to convince people to buy into any particular stock, as that will only cause trouble and hard feelings between members, especially in this market.

Spread the word on the board, I know we have some active traders here.

Matt

OK. I'm game. I neither promote nor recommend any investments with my comments. I merely tell readers what my personal thoughts are at whatever moment in time I'm posting them.

I've averaged into Citigroup at $4.16/share. I think a lot of optimism in the current uptrend in stocks isn't based upon reality but since so much of life is based on perception then "so what".

1. The US has already stated that some institutions are too big to fail. If you loved C at $100/share you have to absolutely love C at $4/share now.

2. C is the poster child for "failed" yet it needs to raise only (compared to infinity) $5.5 billion to be considered on sound footing. Sheesh, Prince Alaweed carries that kind of dough around in his robe on an average day! And the Prince already owns a significant amount of the company's shares. In fact, the Prince bought roughly 15% of the company back in 1991 when another financial crisis caused Wall Street to dump stocks. C back then dropped below $10/share and subsequently went over $100/share, split 2-for-1 and went up to $80/share when the current crisis hit. The Prince is still doing very well with his initial investment, even at $4/share!

Ergo, if the US guarantees that it will prop up C and a single mega-wealthy Oil Middle Eastern Arab Oil Prince is already on the make for a global financial godzilla like C has been for decades why not take a chance (like some people didn't in 1991) and roll the dice? The risk/reward calculation, in my personal opinion, is very favorable for anyone with enough financial cushion to sock away some of C for the next few years.

fit4christfit4life
05-12-2009, 20:25
Been playing CNB and BKUNA. BKUNA had a panic sell off today after hours for news that was already known, might be a good time to buy back in.

Matt