GSSF Match at LV Metro Range Jan 24-25 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : GSSF Match at LV Metro Range Jan 24-25

jpa
01-21-2009, 12:21
Hey all,

I was just informed by a coworker that GSSF is conducting a match at the LVMPD Range (way east on Carey by Sunrise Mountain) this coming weekend. It's already too late for pre-registration, but walk-in registrations and faxed will still be accepted. For more information, check http://www.gssfonline.com

Facejackets
01-22-2009, 00:14
I want to register soooooooo bad. But I don't have the money for it or money for the ammo.

can anyone just go and watch?

I live really close to the LVMPD range. Every morning I get to wake up to gun fire a matter of fact

jpa
01-22-2009, 23:52
I don't see any reason why you can't just watch, I'm sure there's going to be other spectators there as well. I'm jumping in with both feet because it's been forever since I've shot in a competition and I've been itching to get back into it. That's what sucks about working every saturday, you miss all the good shoots.

Facejackets
01-23-2009, 01:13
I don't see any reason why you can't just watch, I'm sure there's going to be other spectators there as well. I'm jumping in with both feet because it's been forever since I've shot in a competition and I've been itching to get back into it. That's what sucks about working every saturday, you miss all the good shoots.

I want to compete really bad. But I have NO experience with shooting competitions. I have never even watched one.

I'll be at work Saturday and Sunday all day, so I am gonna have to miss this one, which blows.

crazypilot
01-23-2009, 02:24
Visit the lasvegasidpa.com website, go to links and look at the schedule for all the different competitions (IDPA, USPSA, Steel, ect..).

jpa
01-24-2009, 18:40
So I just got home an hour ago....after being there since 0900. I shot in four categories though, so that's cool. It was a little bit of a cluster for a while, there wasn't anyone keeping order or putting people in order so there was a lot of standing around idle time for most of the shooters. I actually need to go back tomorrow after work to do my last stage in two categories. I could have stayed since there were a bunch still shooting, but I was just spent. I learned a lot about how the competitions are run and I learned that I really suck at shooting and need more practice. The Metro range staff ran the event for the most part, a few GSSF staff people were wandering here and there. I met some cool people, did lots of shooting (almost 300 rounds) and hopefully I win something (or at least they give me something.... :))