My daughter shoots 9mm today! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My daughter shoots 9mm today!

southernreign
01-23-2009, 20:35
Took my fourteen year-old daughter to the pistol range again, this time with a close friend... she shoot about 300 rounds of 22s through a S&W rental pistol...
My friend brought his Springfield XD 9mm. My daughter asked if she could shoot it....I uploaded two videos to youtube from my cheap camera.
Hope you enjoy it like I did.
She is hooked! She said no more shooting the 22! She likes the 'big' holes!
We nick-named her 'Katie Croft'
Here's her 'first-shot' (priceless) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZryWp...e=channel_page (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZryWpq8JHuE&feature=channel_page) :rofl:

Her is she is with obvious confidence after just a few rounds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0473oaTihP4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0473oaTihP4) :wow:

WI-Guy
01-23-2009, 22:28
Take the kids shooting, teach them skills for a lifetime!

Hey, I can't tell for sure, but it looks like she crossed her thumbs - watch out for slide bite!

tbhracing
01-24-2009, 10:03
This is good stuff. The more people we take shooting and introduce to the sport, the more people come over to our side. Especially the women.

Good job!

Squished
01-24-2009, 12:17
Nice work!

MrsKitty
01-24-2009, 17:23
Awesome!

(I was in Indian Trail yesterday. :wavey: )

Zatec
01-24-2009, 19:20
Very cool to see.
I wish they did rentals around here.

Nicko
01-30-2009, 17:13
Now thats what I call bonding time. Good job! :thumbsup:

southernreign
02-06-2009, 21:02
Now thats what I call bonding time. Good job! :thumbsup:

Well, I went up to the range today in Whitehall PA. I am visiting family due to an Aunt's burial...
Well, my sister heard about my daughter's shooting, well, I took my daughter to the range with her aunt (My sister-26 years old)... we rented a 22lr pistol at the range... (fireline) well, the guy on range duty was a real butt. He had an obvious attitude as soon as we arrived...
We rented the firearm... and shoot 150 rounds of 22s, my daughter asked if she could then shoot a 9mm... I said "sure...!"
I went to the counter with my daughter... my daughter asked for a ruger 9mm... the guy told her, "No, you are not ready to shoot that... you are too erratic." She said, 'What!" I told him, "She has not missed the paper once. "She was shooting at 15 feet, and was shooting a small 12"x14 target and hitting nothing less than eight scores, with several bulls eyes. "then he states some BS about, "It does'nt matter whether she hits the paper or not, it matter the angle the bullet hits the back stop after it hits the paper, I have to watch the safety of others with richochets."
I am thinking, "What kind of cr*p is that! My daughter is shooting better than most of the other 'old-timers' in the place. She has great gun control"
I remember my CCW class where half the people could not even group shoots on a full sized body target at 7 yards.
I told my daughter, "Well, he's the boss, if he says no, its no." She was REALLY mad.
It really made her ticked... I told him, she has shoot a Spingfield XD before..." but he stood his ground, he said to me, "You can shoot it, not her."
It was weird... at that point, I knew we were done there... my sister feel in love with shooting though, so it was still worth the 30 minute drive time... she is looking forward to the 'next time!':embarassed:
Well... my daughter is ready to get back at the range in Monroe, NC were they are much more 'kid friendly'
I was surprised they had no kid discounts in this range... It cost us $48.00 bucks for three people to share one range for one hour and 150 rounds of 22s and an $8 gun rental. Ouch!
I shoot with my daughter for a third of that in Monroe.

Misty02
02-07-2009, 08:47
Nice video, thanks for sharing. My best time is the one I spend at the range with my boys, so I can relate to how you feel.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I cannot wait for this September when my grandson turns 10 years old and he can come with us to the range as well. I was silly enough to mention this last year and the condition of it being he does well at school and he continues to learn about safety handling. He can probably recite the entire corneredcat.com website by heart. He turned his agenda calendar into a countdown to "the day”, 0 on his birthday, 1 on the day before and continuous as far back as the week I promised this. Once or so a week he’ll remind me of how many days are now left. I sure hope his first trip lives up to what he has built it up to be. :)<o:p></o:p>
Continue enjoying shooting with your daughter, they grow up really fast.<o:p></o:p>
Have you looked into ranges that offer a lady’s day? The one I go to is $15 per hour but only $6 for ladies on Thursday. I take advantage of that one often but can only go with one of the boys on weekdays. Sundays I can go with both, soon to be three. :)

southernreign
02-08-2009, 19:44
Nice video, thanks for sharing. My best time is the one I spend at the range with my boys, so I can relate to how you feel.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I cannot wait for this September when my grandson turns 10 years old and he can come with us to the range as well. I was silly enough to mention this last year and the condition of it being he does well at school and he continues to learn about safety handling. He can probably recite the entire corneredcat.com website by heart. He turned his agenda calendar into a countdown to "the day”, 0 on his birthday, 1 on the day before and continuous as far back as the week I promised this. Once or so a week he’ll remind me of how many days are now left. I sure hope his first trip lives up to what he has built it up to be. :)<o:p></o:p>
Continue enjoying shooting with your daughter, they grow up really fast.<o:p></o:p>
Have you looked into ranges that offer a lady’s day? The one I go to is $15 per hour but only $6 for ladies on Thursday. I take advantage of that one often but can only go with one of the boys on weekdays. Sundays I can go with both, soon to be three. :)

Our local indoor range has half-off ladies days on Tuesdays... Kids under 16 get to always shoot for free.
The range in Monroe is very kid friendly in terms of rates and safety.
Thank you for asking.

Misty02
02-08-2009, 20:09
Our local indoor range has half-off ladies days on Tuesdays... Kids under 16 get to always shoot for free.
The range in Monroe is very kid friendly in terms of rates and safety.
Thank you for asking.

That is fantastic! I don’t know what the rate for children is in ours. This year I get to take my grandson for the first time, thanks to your post I’ll be asking about that next time I go. :)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

metro273
02-08-2009, 21:28
My daughter is 9 and she can't wait till I take her to the range in a few years.

cbburke
02-10-2009, 22:22
this is exactly why i have my firearms, so that i can go shooting with my kids...

and have some bonding time :)

jpa
02-11-2009, 09:14
metro, why wait?

As for the d-bag RO, I would have been looking for a manager or owner to complain to. That's crap and if the person shooting can do so safely, they have no right to decide what is "too much gun" for the little lady. You shoulda brought a .454 or .500 with you.

MavsX
02-11-2009, 11:15
keep up the good work man.