? for Las Vegas residents [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : ? for Las Vegas residents

rljan
01-25-2009, 13:44
We just purchased a home in Las Vegas, which will be our retirement home. Is there a good place in town to purchase Glock accessories and parts or is internet the way to go? Where are the deals on gun safes? Thanks for your help.

JimBianchi
01-25-2009, 14:48
Welcome to Vegas.

The Gun Store has a lot of Glock stuff, I just hate the Mall Ninjas working there.

I've found holsters at Accuracy Guns and American Shooters, but for the best choices and prices, online shopping beats them all.

I haven't seen to many Glocks mags recently. Even the over priced feak shows that pass for gun shows here have a poor selection of mags.

But I still love it here.

Brigrat
01-25-2009, 16:19
I love Vegas...I think I might retire there as well...is it possible to get a place an hour or so from town that would be big enough for Horses, but doesn't cost a fortune?

JimBianchi
01-25-2009, 20:16
Logandale

osiruscyn
01-25-2009, 20:26
sandy valley, goodpsrings etc.

Discount firearms has a big selection of gun accessories as well

rljan
01-26-2009, 07:17
Thanks for the info. Now I have to figure out if it's cheaper to have my safe moved or buy a new one in LV.

jpa
01-27-2009, 00:50
Thanks for the info. Now I have to figure out if it's cheaper to have my safe moved or buy a new one in LV.

You may have to get a safe mover on both ends. Rent a truck big enough to haul it, then hire a safe mover to load it and secure it in the truck. Then when you get to LV, have a safe mover here unload it. I talked to one of the guys at Citadel, where I bought my safe, and they said it would be around $200 to load my safe and unload it where I move, depending on how far. I couldn't imagine they'd charge that much just to unload and bolt it down.

As for parts, Discount is the local Glock LE dealer. One of my coworkers is an armorer and he gets most of his supplies there, but I haven't dealt with them personally. I'm waiting for my GSSF certificate to get another glock, then I will patronize their fine establishment.

For any kind of land for horses, look on the west side of town, either northwest or southwest. There is still a lot of undeveloped land, hell I have 2-3 acre horse farms within a mile of me. Every now and then I'll see a couple guys on horseback riding down rancho, which always makes me do a double-take. I'm in zip code 89130 if you want to search for horse properties on realtor.com to get an idea of pricing. If you go further out like Sandy Valley, Jean, Goodsprings, etc, it may be cheaper but you may not be connected into the city water and sewer system. I've never researched how that works for people way out there.

Carver
01-28-2009, 10:32
mail order is still the ticket. Order it to arrive when you are home to receive.
As for safes... check craigslist. Lots off nice stuff for sale used, locally.

Maxx702
02-06-2009, 07:00
I bought my Liberty safe from Las Vegas Safe & Knife on Rainbow 5-or 6 years ago.
I don't know if they are still around, but they sure as hell had the best prices at the time.