My Daughter's 1st Boar and 1st Buck [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My Daughter's 1st Boar and 1st Buck

rcprothero
01-25-2009, 18:29
Both with a Ruger 44.

noway
01-25-2009, 20:50
Nice looking boar and buck ;) Any details on what you used for the round, how did the hunt go down,etc.....

Na dean sin!
01-27-2009, 18:15
Congrats!

Bitmap
01-28-2009, 13:24
Nice pics. Classic gun.

vafish
01-29-2009, 10:59
Nice looking boar and buck ;) Any details on what you used for the round, how did the hunt go down,etc.....

It's so much nicer down here.

If you posted those pics up in GNG everyone would be making comments about his daughter and not even notice the dead animals.

rcprothero,

Tell your daughter congratulations.

And I agree with Noway, we want to hear the story of the hunt. Details man, juicy details!

chevy01234
01-29-2009, 17:28
I would like to respectfully say you have a beautiful daughter, congrats on getting her involved in the outdoors! I would share a blind with you two any day! I agree with Vafish! We need details friend.

rcprothero
01-30-2009, 18:02
The boar was an early morning hunt. The buck just before dusk, cold and a wet day. Didn't stop her though. The round was a custom load. As she said it, she was nervous and a little shaky. Said she heard me in her head saying relax, breathe, hold it and squeeze slowly, let the shot surprise you. Well, she said it did and the buck dropped. One shot. Awesome. Looks great mounted. She's in business college now and said she can't wait to hang it on her first office wall.

Quick story. She was in one of her classes and the professor was trying to make a point on situational awareness. She asked the class what you would do if you ran into a bear in the woods after analyzation. One said he would run. The next said no, you freeze. She came to my daughter and she said "well I hunt, so.....". The prof moved on, the class thought it was great!

True story.

Maybe you can tell I am a little proud of her.

crash700
01-30-2009, 22:55
Nice young buck and a nice boar. I like to see women get involved in hunting, congrats to your daughter. Yes, she is a beautiful young lady. I am sure she is as proud of her kill as you are of here.