recprocity help please!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : recprocity help please!!

p3v5
01-28-2009, 17:28
Please help me fellow ccw'ers in carolina. I am from Ohio and both Carolina states honor my ccw permit. I will be coming through North Carolina on my way to South Carolina to watch my sons graduation at Fort Jackson. It looks like according to your ccw law when you are in a car you cannot have your weapon on you it must be in a compartment or case or something right? Does the ammo have to be separate?

Next- Are there any places I should be careful not to ccw into?

Bogey
01-28-2009, 17:45
Please help me fellow ccw'ers in carolina. I am from Ohio and both Carolina states honor my ccw permit. I will be coming through North Carolina on my way to South Carolina to watch my sons graduation at Fort Jackson. It looks like according to your ccw law when you are in a car you cannot have your weapon on you it must be in a compartment or case or something right? Does the ammo have to be separate?

Next- Are there any places I should be careful not to ccw into?

If you have a permit to carry that has reciprocity with NC, you may have the firearm anywhere you want it.

RichardB
01-28-2009, 18:08
You CAN"T carry weapons into a military installation. There will be signs before you pass the MP/ Guard posts. If you get caught the case goes before a federal magistrate or whatever, not a local judge.

Leave it in the motel.

There are restrictions in NC where a concealed carry may not go.

http://www.jus.state.nc.us/NCJA/ncfirearmslaws.pdf

p3v5
01-28-2009, 19:08
Ya I am aware of not being allowed to take my weapon on base. I am definately leaving it at the hotel.

RichardB
01-29-2009, 20:14
Here is a link to South Carolina gun laws:

http://www.sled.sc.gov/SCStateGunLaws1.aspx?MenuID=CWP

ZackJones
01-30-2009, 13:22
In SC you can legally carry your pistol in one of these 4 places:

1 - In the trunk of your car
2 - In the glove box
3 - In the center console
4 - CWP holders can carry on their person

The first 3 don't require CWP and the pistol can be loaded when stored in those locations.

glockman1980
02-10-2009, 07:13
not to thread jack but , I'm also traveling to charlotte n.c in the next 2 weeks from pennsylvania..is my 16 round glock 22 legal there as far as the mag goes?

Also i know you cant cc in a place that sells drinks but what about ruby tuesdays or something like that?

NC Bullseye
02-10-2009, 12:36
not to thread jack but , I'm also traveling to charlotte n.c in the next 2 weeks from pennsylvania..is my 16 round glock 22 legal there as far as the mag goes?

Also i know you cant cc in a place that sells drinks but what about ruby tuesdays or something like that?

You're good to go with the 16 round mag, no restrictions here in NC on mag cap.

ANY place that sells alcohol for on site consumption is NO carry concealed or open.

That means that Ruby Tues, Chili's, Red Lobster, etc are all off limits for carry.

glockman1980
02-10-2009, 15:29
You're good to go with the 16 round mag, no restrictions here in NC on mag cap.

ANY place that sells alcohol for on site consumption is NO carry concealed or open.

That means that Ruby Tues, Chili's, Red Lobster, etc are all off limits for carry.

thanks alot....as for mags that means i can carry my hollow point ammo?

JohnHoliday
02-10-2009, 16:15
Hollow Points are fine in NC, they aren't illegal in any state actually, except if you use them to do a crime, lol.

glockman1980
02-10-2009, 19:45
Hollow Points are fine in NC, they aren't illegal in any state actually, except if you use them to do a crime, lol.

lol...thanks and i would't use them in a crime for the record everyone..lol:cool: