Where to Go Next...? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Where to Go Next...?

CPT_CRUNCH
01-28-2009, 16:44
the Army loves to keep me on my toes and thus has decided to change my orders... AGAIN.

now saying it'll be schofield barracks, hawaii. thats all fine and dandy i guess but i just found out that hawaii has really crappy ccw laws. they dont recognize anyone but hawaii. that blows!

as i stated about and if you read any thread from me from the last 90 days or so...

anyone been there? what you do w/ your guns?

82ndAbn
01-29-2009, 13:08
I reported early to Ft. Beginning after a tour in Korea. Instead of waiting on a unit assignment, I met up with the 75th Rgr Rgt liason and snagged a slot for RIP.

`

CPT_CRUNCH
01-29-2009, 13:11
I reported early to Ft. Beginning after a tour in Korea. Instead of waiting on a unit assignment, I met up with the 75th Rgr Rgt liason and snagged a slot for RIP.

`

cant complain about that! you ever been to schoefield barracks? 25thID?

82ndAbn
01-29-2009, 13:25
I've never been to Hawaii, no. The 25th ID does have an Airborne unit, however. It may be worth your time to check into it. Good luck.

`

eisman
02-14-2009, 13:24
Dang, CPT, how'd you luck out? That's a good tour.

25th should be coming back, so you'll have some time before you hit the DEF list.

Schofeld is right in the middle of the island. 20 minutes from Waikiki Beach, 20 minutes from the North Shore. Don't take your car, or plan on leaving it there when you go. Salt air kills cars. I'd live up north, but there's a whole pile of new places south and west from post. There was a lot of new construction going on post when I was there last (in '06). The CL VI is a lot cheaper than downtown, the commisary too; more than on most bases.

The western shore (around Makaha) is old school Hawaii. The natives can get restless and take it out on outsiders. But I like that part of the island; the sunsets are great.

Waikiki is touristy; all the time. 4 blocks away from that Honolulu is just another cruddy city. If you're single just head down to the beach, it's not hard to get laid.

You'll find a LOT of homeless people (other than natives) because the State gov't lets them stay. They have semi-permanent houses/tents on most of the beaches, and the showers and latrines are "theirs".

The East side of the island is the most isolated. It's good for finding a quiet beach, because most of the surfers are in the north and west.

If you want to PM me I'll send you my tourist guide. It may help.