Where to shoot (legally) outdoors in North PHX [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Where to shoot (legally) outdoors in North PHX

snevel
01-28-2009, 21:58
Hi All!

I live in Cave Creek in the northern part of the Valley.

I'd like to find a place where I can set up outdoors to run some drills and shoot at stuff I'm not allowed to set up at Ben Avery...

Does anyone know of a good place north of Carefree Hwy (Rte 74) where I can safely shoot?

I have friends who go to the desert out in Mesa, but that's a long drive for me.

Any clues would be vastly appreciated!

adTHANKSvance!

Simeon

JluvsherGlock
02-02-2009, 16:53
I dont know about anything out there I live in mesa myself where out in the desert is there in mesa?? I need to set up some drills myself....

Zonny
02-02-2009, 18:21
Hi All!

I live in Cave Creek in the northern part of the Valley.

I'd like to find a place where I can set up outdoors to run some drills and shoot at stuff I'm not allowed to set up at Ben Avery...

Does anyone know of a good place north of Carefree Hwy (Rte 74) where I can safely shoot?

I have friends who go to the desert out in Mesa, but that's a long drive for me.

Any clues would be vastly appreciated!

adTHANKSvance!

Simeon

Table Mesa Road. Follow the access Rd to the North past first parking area, then you will head back West. Many areas to shoot out there.

snevel
02-02-2009, 21:26
I dont know about anything out there I live in mesa myself where out in the desert is there in mesa?? I need to set up some drills myself....

I'll ask my buddy Joe when I see him next. He drives down there sometimes to shoot in the desert w/ some other folks.

Simeon

snevel
02-02-2009, 21:34
Table Mesa Road. Follow the access Rd to the North past first parking area, then you will head back West. Many areas to shoot out there.

Thanks!!

This is just the sort of information I was looking for.

My Camry won't go far on the dirt road, by maybe I can talk my buddy into driving out in his 4by4.

Simeon

bwphoto
02-03-2009, 23:46
I got a Jeep and live a few minutes further into Phoenix :wavey: Plus, I have a shotgun I need to put through the works and don't want to do it indoors...

snevel
02-04-2009, 17:38
I got a Jeep and live a few minutes further into Phoenix :wavey: Plus, I have a shotgun I need to put through the works and don't want to do it indoors...

PM sent...

Rutha73
02-10-2009, 12:04

I go to a spot that is just West of Superior and Boyce Thompson Arboretum. there isn't really enough area to do any long range stuff, but its got backstops/hills almost 360 degrees around you. It looks like it is off Nf 231 it is the wash area to the right of the road (if the link works) http://maps.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTExNmIycG51BF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEc2VjA2ZwLWJ1dHRvbgRzbGsDbGluaw--#mvt=h&lat=33.265473&lon=-111.190602&zoom=17

SilenceDoGood
02-11-2009, 17:02
take carefree highway west towards wickenberg, and at mile marker 14 there is a gate on the north side of the road. Do a little off-roading and find yourself nice spots that are perfectly legal to shoot in.

smokeyaz
03-02-2009, 01:43

Not to steal the post but I live in the east valley. Queen Valley is a great place to shoot. If you want directions PM me and I will be happy to tell you where to go.

Rutha73
03-02-2009, 16:41
I would be interested to know where in Queen Valley you go. I used to go to a place that looked like a bulldozer ran through a small hill, about 100 yards wide. Last time I went out there tons of No Shooting signs had been posted.

blueiron
03-03-2009, 21:28
take carefree highway west towards wickenberg, and at mile marker 14 there is a gate on the north side of the road. Do a little off-roading and find yourself nice spots that are perfectly legal to shoot in.

Do so at your own risk.

That is inside of the City of Peoria.

Pima Pants
03-03-2009, 22:16

If you want to PM me, I know of a couple of good areas out towards the Superstitions.

AZ Glock23
01-15-2012, 14:50
Yea im at desert ridge and need to find a spot also.
I used to take dynamite rd east towards the verde and shoot down there
But doubt its legal so i stopped.

G26AZ
02-02-2012, 12:15
Is the place out by Superior with the link posted above still ok to shoot at? I'm in Mesa and also looking for a desert place on the east side where it's still ok to go shooting. All the places I used to go in the 70's and 80's now have houses on them!

Help!!!

Foxtrotx1
02-02-2012, 12:28
Hey guys, if your in north phoenix, the place to go is Tonto National Forest.