Can't beleive it! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Can't beleive it!

Bladegt
01-30-2009, 10:28
I find out that the gun shop I buy at, Sportsmans Attic in Spring Hill, is taking firearms they sell with Hi-Cap mags off the shelf. I went to pick up my Sig 2022 and they told me that I was lucky to have bought it when I did becuase they just got the order to remove anything of their shelves that has a Hi-Cap mag. Is this happening anywhere else? Reguardless this is getting rediculous!

deadday
01-30-2009, 11:13
Haven't heard anything about that here in Texas...

rappa29
01-30-2009, 12:00
I find out that the gun shop I buy at, Sportsmans Attic in Spring Hill, is taking firearms they sell with Hi-Cap mags off the shelf. I went to pick up my Sig 2022 and they told me that I was lucky to have bought it when I did becuase they just got the order to remove anything of their shelves that has a Hi-Cap mag. Is this happening anywhere else? Reguardless this is getting rediculous!

That doesn't sound right. The order from whom? :headscratch:

I don't know Spring Hill that well, but try calling other shops in Tampa and see what their inventory is and if they received 'the order' to do the same.

I'd be very surprised if Shoot Straight in Tampa is pulling standard capacity firearms off the shelf. AFAIK, they have the largest inventory of new guns in the Tampa Bay area.

njl
01-30-2009, 12:14
Are they replacing them with 10-round mags? It's got to either be BS or an order from management, expecting to sell the hi-caps in the near future at great markup (planning ahead for a 2009 AWB).

Florida doesn't have a hi-cap ban, and localities are not allowed to pass their own.

Bladegt
01-30-2009, 15:00
This whole thing has me saying WTF as well. I thought the guy was joking at first but he was being serious. I'll have to make a few calls and check around in other places. The guy that told me this was the shop's owner so as far as managment pulling them off the shelf for a markup later didn't seem too far off of a possibility. I hope they aren't going to be replacing all the mags with 10 round mags then putting them back on the shelf. Either way I'm just glad I got my Sig now.

Usingmyrights
02-01-2009, 08:51
I think somethings up. I think I would have heard about this by now if it were true. It would be somewhere near the top of GNG, or the news or something.

baham
02-02-2009, 11:28
Need to check the other gun shops in the area. Action Arms, Crowder &, Ol' Time Gun Shop. It would be interesting to hear what they say.

jtull7
02-02-2009, 14:15
i before e except after c.