Bullet flowers [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bullet flowers

Bushidomosquito
01-31-2009, 16:26
Seems like with all the warnings of rapists and gyn exams and sagging buttox in the ladies forum this place could use a little sprucing up.

These are all made with .40 caliber Remington Goldsaber bullets that have been fired into a 55 gallon drum of water. The brass jackets flower out nicely and the lead core always comes out if you don't use the newer bonded Goldsaber bullets. I took the best of the bunch and bent the petals back out with pliers to make them more flower like.

The center is Barnes solid copper bullets in .40cal that I reduced the base on to make them fit in the jacket better. A 9mm bullet will fit in a .40 jacket, a .40 bullet into a .45 jacket and a .45 bullet into a .50 jacket without any modifications. If you have the means to shorten the length and reduce the base diameter of the center copper bullet that makes them look best.

The bodies under the petals in the pictures are fired but undeformed .40 target bullets that I drilled for the stem wires, which can be any kind of wire. Unloaded softpoint rifle bullets work better because you can just knock off the point with a file and drill it out for the stem wire. The stamen poking out the center are little silver wires that I heated with a microtorch until a little blob of metal formed on each one. Everything gets polished up and epoxied together or if you want to make sure they never come apart you can silver solder them together.

If anyone decides to give it a try please post pics. I shouldn't be the only one doing this!

Bushidomosquito
01-31-2009, 16:35
I went all out on this one by silver soldering it together and using silver and 14k gold wires for the stamens.

fazox
01-31-2009, 22:08
Awesome!

deadday
01-31-2009, 22:50
That is ****ing cool!@

nosuchagency
02-01-2009, 03:22
cool enough to warrant posting in this section of forum. :cool:

btw, where the hell are all the twilight threads at? :headscratch:

PilotKitten
02-01-2009, 10:49
Those would look pretty awesome in a vase I've had my eye on for a long time:

http://fashiontribes.typepad.com/main/images/suck_uk_gun_vase.jpg

MrsKitty
02-01-2009, 15:02
Wow. How cool!

FrogWithAGlock
02-02-2009, 10:56
I think you could make a little "mad money" selling those. They are really beautiful!

I know my sister would love getting one or two in a bouquet of real flowers...... so would I!

Bushidomosquito
02-02-2009, 11:33
Yeah, I tried to sell them but I had exactly one taker so now I just stick to jewelery.

Crypsis
02-03-2009, 20:30
How much were you selling them for?

Bushidomosquito
02-03-2009, 21:56
Twenty bucks each or seven for $100. Seven makes a nice bouquet. That's for the ones all soldered together and with the sterling silver stamens. I'm not trying to go into production with these or anything but if someone really want's some we'll work something out.

swordsister
02-04-2009, 17:39
You said you do jewelry, too. Including jewelry with bullet flowers? These are stunning! Where can we go to see more of your work? What part of the country are you in?

Thanks!

Crypsis
02-04-2009, 18:53
Thanks for the reply. I think they are awesome. My fiance and I are going to move into a new place in the summer after we get married. I am sure they would look great in the house. I don't think I can put in an order just yet though. I am a broke med student, so I would have to put some cash together nearer the summer if you were still interested in making some then.