We lost one of our Glock friends today. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : We lost one of our Glock friends today.

chainshaw
02-01-2009, 15:41
Many of you guys have been to Glock in Smyrna to have your guns repaired over the years. You have almost certainly had contact with Fred or William in warranty and technical service. Both are great guys and a credit to the great customer service that Glock gives.

Today, William Rogers, lost his battle with cancer. William has been a great friend to me over the last 15 years. We have hunted the deer woods of Georgia, fished for trout in Mountaintown Creek, hiked in Cades Cove, Tennessee, and just plain enjoyed shooting the **** with each other. He has countless times helped out my friends with their Glocks and accessories and never asked for anything in return. In fact, when he knew that my fiance was thinking about calling it off, because I had been working 7 days/14 hours a day, he kidnapped us and took us to Gatlinburg for a few days. I still credit him for saving us (we have been married for 12 years). I am truly going to miss him, as will anyone else who has ever gotten to know him. Good hunting buddies are hard to find.

49 years old is way too young to leave this Earth, but we all know that it happens. Please, keep William's family in your thoughts and prayers.

lethal tupperwa
02-01-2009, 15:53
I'm sorry to hear of his early departure from this us.

He was very helpful to me personally when I had a problem.

Deployment Solu
02-01-2009, 19:37
A great man!! Sorry to hear of his passing!!! Prayers sent.

GlocksterPaulie
02-01-2009, 20:22
I talked with William several times over the years, sounded like a great down to earth kind of guy. Great sense of humor also.

Paulie

mongo356
02-01-2009, 20:32
Sad news.

I'm sorry for your loss.

ki4dmh
02-01-2009, 21:48
I am very sorry for the loss. Prayers sent for his family.

Sir Glockster
02-02-2009, 11:16
I am sorry for the loss and prayers are going out for his family.

thooks
02-02-2009, 19:57
Sorry for the loss. Sounds like a great fella.