Well, here we go... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Well, here we go...

Mrs. VR
02-02-2009, 20:48
our daughter turns 11 on the 28th. We went to the local Rainbow assembly tonight and she wants to join. She'll probably be initiated at Grand Assembly. This is also the 20th anniversary of my sessions as GWA, so it's kind of double cool.

It turns out the Mother Advisor is basically the entire advisory board, so I suppose I'll be joining the board.

It's funny, I never really thought I'd get involved again, and I'm going to TRY not to get tied up at the state level, at least not if/until Emily becomes a grand officer, because it's just so darn time consuming.

At the same time, it was fun tonight. The girls are having a state ritual competition on Saturday, and I helped them practice. I couldn't believe how much came right back to me.

Just wanted to share. :)

zoyter2
02-02-2009, 21:58
Good for her! (and good for Mom)

Every branch of Masonry needs all the good people we can get!

deputy tom
02-03-2009, 10:29
That's great news.Congrats to both of you Ladies.tom.

Batesmotel
02-03-2009, 17:14
Congrats, I think you will have a great time together.

Mrs. VR
02-04-2009, 15:15
Congrats, I think you will have a great time together.
Thanks! I know it'll be fun, I just don't know if i have the stamina my dad did in dragging me all over the country for stuff. :supergrin:

jetboatdriver
02-04-2009, 15:53
our daughter turns 11 on the 28th. We went to the local Rainbow assembly tonight and she wants to join. She'll probably be initiated at Grand Assembly. This is also the 20th anniversary of my sessions as GWA, so it's kind of double cool.

It turns out the Mother Advisor is basically the entire advisory board, so I suppose I'll be joining the board.

It's funny, I never really thought I'd get involved again, and I'm going to TRY not to get tied up at the state level, at least not if/until Emily becomes a grand officer, because it's just so darn time consuming.

At the same time, it was fun tonight. The girls are having a state ritual competition on Saturday, and I helped them practice. I couldn't believe how much came right back to me.

Just wanted to share. :)

AWESOME!!!!! went to Rainbow Mid Year State Meeting last weekend in Fort Worth they initiated about 15 girls. Congratulations!!!

bassman-dan
02-05-2009, 09:42
Wonderful! Emily is most fortunate to have such an experienced guide.
Enjoy your travels!

Harley Rider 1955
02-05-2009, 23:19
AWESOME!!!!! went to Rainbow Mid Year State Meeting last weekend in Fort Worth they initiated about 15 girls. Congratulations!!!
I would like to see an initiation some time. I was very active in Leonard Cotten Chapter, Order of DeMolay in the mid-cities area when I was young.
I'm now a Past Master of Smithfield Lodge #455.

Mrs. VR
02-10-2009, 10:02
I would like to see an initiation some time. I was very active in Leonard Cotten Chapter, Order of DeMolay in the mid-cities area when I was young.
That's great, both my brothers were in DeMolay, and one was Jurisdictional Master Councilor of DC. This was eons ago.

JBD- I'm really glad to hear that. Membership was failing when *I* was a Rainbow Girl, and it's been twenty years since then! I did find out this week that one of our more rural assemblies has thirty members now! I was shocked, I don't think we had any that big in our heyday!

jetboatdriver
02-10-2009, 11:40

Darnit wish I had seen this earlier Arlington did one last week

jetboatdriver
02-10-2009, 11:42
That's great, both my brothers were in DeMolay, and one was Jurisdictional Master Councilor of DC. This was eons ago.

JBD- I'm really glad to hear that. Membership was failing when *I* was a Rainbow Girl, and it's been twenty years since then! I did find out this week that one of our more rural assemblies has thirty members now! I was shocked, I don't think we had any that big in our heyday!

It is not nearly as big as it once was, too many distractions for kids these days. It is a powerful force in shaping children and raising strong people and good leaders. Your daughter is VERY fortunate to have you!!