Glock Rear Sight Tool... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock Rear Sight Tool...

marbalizer99
02-04-2009, 16:10
Anyone willing to install the rear sight on my glock? I have a G39 and I tried the wooden dowel method and just feel more comfortable if the tool was used.

I'll throw you some money for the time.

Thanks!

NRGarrott
02-04-2009, 20:22
I don't have one but would be interested in getting together and changing the rear sight on mine also, if you find someone who does.

bigtinva
02-04-2009, 20:28
Where are you located in PA? I work in Montgomery County MD. I have MGW sight tools for angled or straight Glock rear sights. What brand of sights are you trying to install?

Dragunov54
02-04-2009, 20:45
Anyone willing to install the rear sight on my glock? I have a G39 and I tried the wooden dowel method and just feel more comfortable if the tool was used.

I'll throw you some money for the time.

Thanks!

I know you are asking for an install of your rear sight, therefore I assume you still have your factory rear sight on your slide?

Just a suggestion, if you can't find someone with a rear sight tool, use a brass punch and a 6-8oz mallet. Disassemble the slide from the receiver and tap firmly right or left side of your rear sight, driving it off the slide. Don't be apprehensive, you won't break it this way as I have done this 100 times.

marbalizer99
02-04-2009, 21:13
I actually have the front replaced and the new rear 1/4 of the way on (stock came off easy). But it doesn't seem like it wants to move anymore so I was thinking the tool would be best now before I break something.

marbalizer99
02-04-2009, 21:13
Where are you located in PA? I work in Montgomery County MD. I have MGW sight tools for angled or straight Glock rear sights. What brand of sights are you trying to install?

PM sent

Olivers_AR
02-05-2009, 05:41
I installed a set on a g19, did have the use of a rear tool borrowed from an AR fan. Even with the tool, ended up having to file down part of the rear sites, and use some lubricant to get it on.

I actually have the front replaced and the new rear 1/4 of the way on (stock came off easy). But it doesn't seem like it wants to move anymore so I was thinking the tool would be best now before I break something.

redduck21502
03-12-2009, 18:47
I have the tall sight tool in Western MD. I have used it on Ameriglo classics as well as taller sights.