PDA

View Full Version : Close to home...

thooks
02-05-2009, 17:07
http://wsbradio.com/localnews/2009/02/cobb-hunts-kidnapping-suspects.html

Real close. As in throw a rock close.

82ndVet
02-05-2009, 20:18
Yeah, kinda close. Have you noticed that around in this area and surrounding counties, burglaries and home invasions have been on the rise for a few months now. Every night a new one, or three pop up on the news. There have been a few in Cherokee and Pickens counties as well. I go to school at Appalachian Tech in Jasper and my instructor told me about someone breaking into his neighbor's house strictly for all of his guns...about 15-20 he said. Also, Bargain Barn up there got cleaned out one night back in November.....over 40 guns were taken. Getting to be a little ridiculous. Oh well, I'm sure they will break into the wrong house one day.:50cal:

thooks
02-06-2009, 05:12
I mean as in 1 street over close.

Sir Glockster
02-06-2009, 07:05
Scary stuff!

82ndVet
02-06-2009, 08:02
I mean as in 1 street over close.
Got ammo?:smoking:

zodiacbw
02-06-2009, 11:55
It's hard to imagine that stuff being so close. Even living in a nice neighborhood, a fellow up the street had someone try to steal his enclosed utility trailer (it was recovered). All the more reason to carry at home and stay aware of your surroundings.

thooks
02-06-2009, 13:28
Yeah, I got ammo.

I'm kinda hesitant that this story is 100% real.

This neighborhood is NOT busy enough to have two thugs waiting on someone to come home at 11:45 PM and attack them. If it checks out, talk about luck of the draw. From the story, I take it the woman was out away from the house for 4 hours or so. That's a long time to wait around on someone that you saw leave.

This neighborhood it happened in is a wierd one. Lots of late 70's and early 80's houses, lot of that 45 degree cedar sided funky architectural design. Some of the houses are abandoned, no doubt from foreclosures or walk-aways...some are in a state of disrepair, some are being repaired and attempts made to remodel and some have been remodeled. Strange mix of houses and residents.

Anyway, yeah, it's a heightened sense around the hood, but there needs to be no worries about me. if something does happen, you'll hear about it. :supergrin: