Manassas, VA / Tony's 7??? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Manassas, VA / Tony's 7???

ntranced
02-09-2009, 05:07
I was talking to a friend yesterday about the relationship between LEO's and legally armed citizens. The story of the Tony's 7 in Manassas, VA came up. We concluded that locally we have the same anti-gun regard of legally armed citizens. But, it's mostly among the younger officers.

Anyway, does anyone have an update or know what has happened since the Manassas Police Chief's white washing attempt?

KY Moose
02-09-2009, 06:35
I was talking to a friend yesterday about the relationship between LEO's and legally armed citizens. The story of the Tony's 7 in Manassas, VA came up. We concluded that locally we have the same anti-gun regard of legally armed citizens. But, it's mostly among the younger officers.

Anyway, does anyone have an update or know what has happened since the Manassas Police Chief's white washing attempt?

My understanding is that nothing happened. The whole issue was just swept under the rug until it went away. Typical small town cop stuff going on. You have the gung ho, new to the job types who have the us vs. them, everyone is a suspect attitude instilled in them from the academy. There's a couple of Manassas Officers still on the job who have common sense and do good work. Hopefully the younger crowd will learn from them.

longwatch2k1
02-10-2009, 22:05
I was one of the Tonys 7. Not much that you could measure has happened, except that nothing similar or harassment of OCers has happened in the 2 years since Tony's. I suppose thats enough and mostly what I personally wanted out of it. Funny enough I encountered Officer Hyland just a few weeks ago,(the first officer on the scene that night), he didn't recognize me, but I didn't feel the need to antagonize him or myself over whats done.

ntranced
02-11-2009, 15:48
longwatch2k1

Congrats. on a job well done. I'm glad everyone was able to keep their cool in spite of the circumstances. I went back and read the whole thread on the original site and watched the video of the Town Hall meeting.

Dan0076
02-18-2009, 22:55
I'll tell you one thing that hasn't happened in Manassas since then. And that is me spending any money there what so ever. I travel for work a lot and although at a less frequent rate now than then, I would often spend nights in N. Va. For the longest time I would drive out to Warrenton to stay at the Holiday Inn instead of the one in Manassas off 66. And I still won't be spending money in the town.

alien-Glocker
02-19-2009, 05:48
And I still won't be spending money in the town.

The only money I spend there is at Virginia Arms. I just had them do a transfer of a very nice SKS for me.

Rec4LMS
02-19-2009, 08:41
Can someone remind us of what is the "Tony's 7?" I somewhat recall that it involved LE arresting person's who were carrying openly in Virginia, but my google fu is weak.

KY Moose
02-19-2009, 08:47
You can find a lot about the event at this link; http://www.vcdl.org/Tonys/mcpd.html

MavsX
02-19-2009, 09:39
I was one of the Tonys 7. Not much that you could measure has happened, except that nothing similar or harassment of OCers has happened in the 2 years since Tony's. I suppose thats enough and mostly what I personally wanted out of it. Funny enough I encountered Officer Hyland just a few weeks ago,(the first officer on the scene that night), he didn't recognize me, but I didn't feel the need to antagonize him or myself over whats done.

i had no idea about this whole thing. Well thank you for getting the word out. I'm sure that whole situation wasn't pleasant. But in the end, it educated a lot of people. Thanks again man

MavsX
02-19-2009, 09:39
You can find a lot about the event at this link; http://www.vcdl.org/Tonys/mcpd.html

and thanks for posting that link. I had no idea what the hell tonys 7 was.