Gang Activity in the Carolinas ? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gang Activity in the Carolinas ?

Eagle22
02-09-2009, 17:52
With articles like this

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090209/ap_on_re_us/border_spillover_violence

I wonder about gang activity here in the Carolina's?

Turning a blind eye to gangs is not a good thing, and is one reason I think every one should take a proactive stance in self protection.

I have seen activity in eastern wake / Franklin / Johnston Counties, and in the past heard automatic gun fine in the middle of the night not far from my home. No not night time deer hunters. Have those too.

I know the LEOs do a good job but still they are challenged too. Anyone else seen or heard about hot beds and places to avoid?

MaximaDrvr
02-09-2009, 18:53
Haha, Char-Meck and Wake County Public schools only recently acknowledged that gangs were here. Teachers have gone through workshops on how to identify children that might be in gangs, or that might be targeted for joining.

Most bureaucrats still say that we don't have a gang problem.

Eagle22
02-09-2009, 19:17
Most bureaucrats still say that we don't have a gang problem.

:rofl: bureaucrats still think that raising taxes will cure everything.

Last week as I was heading home there 8 Sheriffs cars up the road about 1/2 mile from my home.

I thought Oh crap but OK Lic check, No problems.

turn the corner and go though the Sheriffs cars and see that they block off three other cars, and about 6 guys on the ground handcuffed, Deputy Sheriffs in body armor, more guys handcuffed to the steering wheels in their cars, guys in the back of the Sheriffs cars.

Two of those three cars were regular cars that go up and down my road. Even wave to the drivers.

Glad the Sheriffs did what they did. Great job to the Wake County Sheriffs Deputies. Kudos guys.

But hell that scares the crap out of me and my wife that things like that are so close. NO thank you.

Friend of mine lives down in Knightdale. Says an MS13 hot shot or Kingpin lives down the road from him. Actually he lives in a safe neighborhood do this guys family lives there. Go figure.

Still. ...

Sq1
02-09-2009, 19:29
I work in High point and we just went through a gang awarness class and its kinda scary riding down the rd now looking at all the gang related graffitti.

Eagle22
02-10-2009, 07:20
That is not Graffiti. Those are Gang Messages and Signatures MARKING Territory.

The Gang awareness classes or seminars might be 20 years out of date. Gangs are far more then Blue or Red hats and jackets or Tilt your hat left means your a member of X or tilt your hat right means your a member of Y.

Far from that. Besides many gang members look quite normal and drive normal cars and SUVs.

Drugs, human trafficking, and gun running are big cash business.

Heck go sit at any rest stop on I95 and watch a while. South of the Border on the NC & SC line USE to be a transfer station or what ever they call them a number of years ago.

Like I mentioned this crap is scary, and border line terrorism in my mind. and why self and family protection along with working with the authorities is important.

Pretending Gangs don't exist is like sticking your head in the sand.

Eagle22
02-10-2009, 07:22
What can we do to help protect our States, Counties, Cities, Homes and Families?

MavsX
02-10-2009, 07:29
man there are a lot of gangs here in DC. i was working in DC a few years ago..and there was MS 13 graffiti everywhere. scary stuff man.

arj
02-10-2009, 09:12
ms13 tags are popping up all over the place around here...don't know ifs its just some kids trying to look cool, or actual ms13? I pass a mexican apartment on the way to work and the whole back wall is a mural

Eagle22
02-10-2009, 10:03
imitators are dealt with. No imitators, only the real deal.

Dont forget there the eastern European groups too. Working on those no money down real estate skeems to quick flip take the cash and run deals.

CPT_CRUNCH
02-10-2009, 10:07
Pretending Gangs don't exist is like sticking your head in the sand.

regardless of where you live!

Eagle22
02-10-2009, 10:09
regardless of where you live! exactly

chuckman
02-10-2009, 10:55
Gangs? Here in Durham? Say it ain't so...

glocksterr
02-11-2009, 04:51
sad we can fight war after war overseas but not on our own streets.

they are here and we need to be prepared

MavsX
02-11-2009, 11:45
regardless of where you live!

you can say that again

TimNC
02-12-2009, 07:58
hey guy's new to GT moved to NC from NYC about 5 years ago to leave all that crap behind, but now I'm in a raural town of Fuquay Varina, where my wife has just become a police officer of this town. There is a lot of gang activity here where I live, but atleast now I can ccw and feel safer. In my small town of about 13,000 pop. there are 4 main gangs, MS13, Latin Kings, Bloods, Cripts.

JohnHoliday
02-12-2009, 11:44
hey guy's new to GT moved to NC from NYC about 5 years ago to leave all that crap behind, but now I'm in a raural town of Fuquay Varina, where my wife has just become a police officer of this town. There is a lot of gang activity here where I live, but atleast now I can ccw and feel safer. In my small town of about 13,000 pop. there are 4 main gangs, MS13, Latin Kings, Bloods, Cripts.

No real comment about gangs, although my CC Teacher worked for the DEA and said there where a lot of gangs in NC.

However, if you live in Fuquay Varina, make sure to eat at Melvins sometime. They have the best Cheeseburgers there.

glocksterr
02-13-2009, 21:30
http://www.ncwanted.com/ncwanted_home/story/4506381

Report: Gangs Migrating to North Carolina

and another must read,

National Gang Threat Assessment 2009 (http://www.ncwanted.com/ncwanted_home/document/4503040/)

:50cal:

Jaxco
02-14-2009, 18:21
deal with gangs first by shipping 30,000,000 illegal aliens back over the border in cattle cars... if you eat at a mexican restaurant, hire one to do yard work, rent to them, use drugs, or do any business with any of their employers, you are causing the problem.

Eagle22
02-15-2009, 07:41
http://www.ncwanted.com/ncwanted_home/story/4506381

Report: Gangs Migrating to North Carolina

and another must read,

National Gang Threat Assessment 2009 (http://www.ncwanted.com/ncwanted_home/document/4503040/)

:50cal:

Durham, Wake, Mecklenburg, Cumberland counties with the most "police reported" activity from that NGTA 2009 report posted above.

Many gang members moving out of the cities to rule areas to 'expand' their activities and hide from Law enforcement and other gangs.

Plus almost every gang is getting more and more members in the military. And former gang members who served in military are returning to gang life afterwords. Plus returning with special weapons and tactics training from the military.

chuckman
02-16-2009, 12:22
deal with gangs first by shipping 30,000,000 illegal aliens back over the border in cattle cars... if you eat at a mexican restaurant, hire one to do yard work, rent to them, use drugs, or do any business with any of their employers, you are causing the problem.

Causing the problem? Even if they are legal? Do much stereotyping?

Magicmanmb
02-16-2009, 14:42
Myrtle Beach and the Pee Dee area have been covered up with MS13, bloods and crips for the 2-3 years. It just doesn't get publicized because of the tourist business. If you look there are tags everywhere. Shootings, stabbings have become common place.

not_possible
02-18-2009, 20:32
About a year or so ago my GF was on her way home driving in the fast lane with a car driving right beside her that had went past her then slowed down so she was smart and remembered part of the plate. She said as she was coming to a light she sped up before it turned red to get through and the car was slowing down to turn right and as it did they fired a shot at her car. It went through the rear pass side door right below the glass, the jacket seperated but a chunk hit the back of the pass side head rest and left a mark. Right after I heard I figured it was probably a gang member or "initiation" or something. The police did nothing even with partial plate and basic description of the car, hell if I could get in the DMV database I could have probably narrowed it down enough to find out whose car it was...guess that's not their job :upeyes: They didn't even come out the night it happened, it took over an hour for them to debate whether it was county or city that should respond...then when she called back asking if they were going to do anything they said we'll send someone in the morning. That's when they told her they didn't have information to go on. It's no wonder there are gangs here with law enforcement like that in this county...as soon as I can afford it I'm moving out of this county. I actually look forward to the day I get pulled by a county or city officer here and asked why I carry...people use the phrase because I can't fit a cop in my pocket, mine to the officer will be, because even if I was carrying you I doubt it'd do any good. Even after a year thinking about that b.s. puts me into a rant.

Glockrunner
02-19-2009, 06:29
About a year or so ago my GF was on her way home driving in the fast lane with a car driving right beside her that had went past her then slowed down so she was smart and remembered part of the plate. She said as she was coming to a light she sped up before it turned red to get through and the car was slowing down to turn right and as it did they fired a shot at her car. It went through the rear pass side door right below the glass, the jacket seperated but a chunk hit the back of the pass side head rest and left a mark. Right after I heard I figured it was probably a gang member or "initiation" or something. The police did nothing even with partial plate and basic description of the car, hell if I could get in the DMV database I could have probably narrowed it down enough to find out whose car it was...guess that's not their job :upeyes: They didn't even come out the night it happened, it took over an hour for them to debate whether it was county or city that should respond...then when she called back asking if they were going to do anything they said we'll send someone in the morning. That's when they told her they didn't have information to go on. It's no wonder there are gangs here with law enforcement like that in this county...as soon as I can afford it I'm moving out of this county. I actually look forward to the day I get pulled by a county or city officer here and asked why I carry...people use the phrase because I can't fit a cop in my pocket, mine to the officer will be, because even if I was carrying you I doubt it'd do any good. Even after a year thinking about that b.s. puts me into a rant.

You would think the local PD would jump all over something like that but the truth is, they don't have the training and stick their heads in the sand, right along with everyone else.

I tried to get involved here. The cops where trying to learn what was going on and wanted the citizens to act as their eyes they say. Hell, they patrol the same streets I drive, what help is that?

Like regular humans, COPS just want to do their 8 hours and go home at the end of the day. They will deal with it when the taxpayer gets fed up and starts the politians to fund the money.

Just a job, not always a proactive one. It seems to me that cops only want, or, have to, respond to complaints. Like they can't get motivated on their own. If it doesn't come through Dispatch, it doesn't get done.

So, I guess, calling about the tagging will at least get some of it logged until the PD gets tired of your calls. Pics of the NayDoers would help too. The PD usually being undermanned will complain they can't waste time on this endevor, well not until you are assualted for taking a pic or something or after a confrotation shots are firewed, then they might show up.

Quarry trash
02-19-2009, 14:27
We have four major gangs here in hendersonville. Latin Kings, Sir13, Bloods and Crips and also smaller gangs that are numerious. It is only getting worse.

GMT
02-19-2009, 19:07
Some a?? soon needs to be whacked. I can only hope for the chance.:steamed:

nursetim
02-19-2009, 21:57
never mind

Short Bus
02-19-2009, 22:12
We have them around here as well. I was talking with one of the gang task force guys not too long ago, and he said they had intel on one of the higher ups of one of the latin gangs living very close by. He said that he was far away enough out of Charlotte that he felt safer, but was close enough to conduct business. There are the usual MS13, bloods crips, and other Latino gangs that are big out west. With the latino populations here, there is no wonder they are around. It is easy to operate and the LEO are 20 years behind their west coast brothers that have been dealing with it for years.

JohnnyReb87
02-19-2009, 23:35

:thumbsup:yep... they need to leave or start making them pay back taxes for every year of illegal residence and ship them back:steamed:

Short Bus
02-20-2009, 00:50
Don't forget about the Asian Gangs too.

trugracie
02-20-2009, 01:20
:thumbsup:yep... they need to leave or start making them pay back taxes for every year of illegal residence and ship them back:steamed:

Hey guys, did you know that Latin kings are from Puerto Rico, MS13 from El Salvador brought to the US by asylum, and Crips and Bloods US born Blacks started by Tookie Williams and others.
Not quite Mexican!

Eagle22
02-20-2009, 17:37

And Eastern European aka Russian

Jaybird29
02-26-2009, 07:47
Siler City (Chatham Co) has gangs MS13 and Latin Kings, but our county comissioners blow off any mention of gangs.

Magicmanmb
02-26-2009, 09:05

Our Asian gangs (tongs) left when they started to use the local ordinances, tax code, and massage licenses to get rid of the "Spas" we now have none.

But the hispanic gangs have continued to grow both here and in NC my sister-in-law moved from PA to get away from the crime increase. Right into the heart of Mecklenburg County. My Brother works for a delivery co and they g

Magicmanmb
02-26-2009, 09:06

Our Asian gangs (tongs) left when they started to use the local ordinances, tax code, and massage licenses to get rid of the "Spas" we now have none.

But the hispanic gangs have continued to grow both here and in NC my sister-in-law moved from PA to get away from the crime increase. Right into the heart of Mecklenburg County. My Brother works for a delivery co and they gave him the south Charlotte route made up his mind to take his retirement this year.

Eagle22
02-26-2009, 13:51
Siler City (Chatham Co) has gangs MS13 and Latin Kings, but our county comissioners blow off any mention of gangs.

I use to have a farm just south west of the Siler City airport. Sold it a few years ago.

Those commissioners wanted more money under the table for anything and everything. When they get paid, they look the other way.

it is too bad, as I really like Chatham county.

Beware Owner
02-26-2009, 14:06
Hey guys, did you know that Latin kings are from Puerto Rico, MS13 from El Salvador brought to the US by asylum, and Crips and Bloods US born Blacks started by Tookie Williams and others.
Not quite Mexican!

Please refrain from injecting truth and intelligence to these threads, thank you very much. :whistling:

chuckman
02-26-2009, 15:52
We got them in Durham. ms13, latin kings, just off the top of my head. Just to make you a little more paranoid, the little darlings use signs and signals among themselves. I'm not talking those retarded hand signs. I'm talking signs like get ready to take this guy out, jump now, etc. We had some gang problems at DRHospital a few years back. So are they in NC? Most definitely.

My views on gangs are draconian at best and barbarian at worst.

Same here at The Big House, Duke Hospital. You still at DRH?

Eagle22
02-26-2009, 17:43
We got them in Durham. ms13, latin kings, just off the top of my head. ( snip) So are they in NC? Most definitely. Locked and Loaded

My views on gangs are draconian at best and barbarian at worst. I think that would be called Public Improvement Project.

:2gun:

glocksterr
02-27-2009, 04:42
hee,hee,

urban reform.

:(

chuckman
02-27-2009, 07:37
The good news: at least in MY emergency room, there are really very few "innocent victims" of gang violence. Most gangbangers are just trying to do the other one in. Sadly, there are some innocents, and for them, I get pissed. The other good news is here in Durham, most of the gang activity is located in a 10-square block area. One 'upstanding citizen' just got whacked overnight in this area.

Beware Owner
02-27-2009, 08:17
Most gangbangers are just trying to do the other one in.

One 'upstanding citizen' just got whacked overnight in this area.

I don't have a problem with this kind of gang violence.

ranger88
03-01-2009, 15:37
Well, this thread certainly goes a long way towards explaining some of the individuals that I've been seeing at the local shooting range. Along with some of the stereotypical identifying markers of gang members or wannabe gang members, they all seem to like to wear gloves when they shoot. Hmmmm.... :whistling:

Makes me glad that I carry concealed into and out of the range to the car. Some of these individuals seem to take an inordinate amount of interest in who has the nicest hardware at the range. Wouldn't surprise me if muggings, car break-ins and just plain following the person home to later break into their house start occuring. Keep your head on a swivel, fellas. :rant:

Thx-1138
03-01-2009, 16:28
Well, this thread certainly goes a long way towards explaining some of the individuals that I've been seeing at the local shooting range. Along with some of the stereotypical identifying markers of gang members or wannabe gang members, they all seem to like to wear gloves when they shoot. Hmmmm.... :whistling:

I sometimes wear gloves at the range so I can practice how to shoot that way. After all, you might have a SD situation on a cold January night.

Beware Owner
03-01-2009, 21:29
Personally, I don't believe in stereotypes. I believe that I'm alert and ready, 'cause no matter how you look, what you say or do, you'll end up the same way if you attempt against my life or of my loved ones.

glocksterr
03-02-2009, 04:43
i think they may be trying to keep the majority gang on gang around here with a few exceptions at this point. whey they take it to joe public they bring a lot of heat and a high percentage of jail time.

lets hope it stays that way.

Beware Owner
03-02-2009, 08:26
i think they may be trying to keep the majority gang on gang around here with a few exceptions at this point. whey they take it to joe public they bring a lot of heat and a high percentage of jail time.

lets hope it stays that way.

The thing is that, when it's gang on gang, they know who's who and who they're messing with. Joe Public, they run higher risks of being dealt with AND having to deal with police.

ranger88
03-02-2009, 08:31
Personally, I don't believe in stereotypes. I believe that I'm alert and ready, 'cause no matter how you look, what you say or do, you'll end up the same way if you attempt against my life or of my loved ones.

While I agree that you have to be prepared at all times and that threats come in all forms.... I also believe that sometimes the shoe just fits. You can call it stereotyping, profiling, or whatever other politically incorrect phrase you choose. It works in many cases...

Beware Owner
03-02-2009, 08:34
While I agree that you have to be prepared at all times and that threats come in all forms.... I also believe that sometimes the shoe just fits. You can call it stereotyping, profiling, or whatever other politically incorrect phrase you choose. It works in many cases...

Oh, yes, it does fit. I simply noticed that profiling/stereotyping takes some of my attention, and by not doing so, I remain more alert to everything/one around me. This way, if a smart one does approach in a non stereotypical way, I'm still alert.

ranger88
03-02-2009, 08:47
Oh, yes, it does fit. I simply noticed that profiling/stereotyping takes some of my attention, and by not doing so, I remain more alert to everything/one around me. This way, if a smart one does approach in a non stereotypical way, I'm still alert.

Well stated and a good philosophy to have.

Magicmanmb
03-02-2009, 11:07
I don't have a problem with this kind of gang violence.

Have you also noticed the number of innocent bystanders that get caught in the crossfire, on the west coast? Locally never thought anyone would have the cajones to break into and steal from a hell's angels clubhouse but they did.

Beware Owner
03-02-2009, 11:36
Have you also noticed the number of innocent bystanders that get caught in the crossfire, on the west coast? Locally never thought anyone would have the cajones to break into and steal from a hell's angels clubhouse but they did.

I meant the violence that was between themselves and didn't affect innocents. Who are you talking about?

Magicmanmb
03-02-2009, 21:30
I meant the violence that was between themselves and didn't affect innocents. Who are you talking about?

It was Chuckmans quote it got cut off when I hit quote instead of multi quote sorry bout' that.

The City of Myrtle Beach put in a lot of new restrictions for the 2 motorcycle weekends. It's going to be interesting this year, Hell's Angels and Pagans during Harley week.

Then we have Memorial Day Bike Week majority of the riders black and last few years close to 50% black organized gangs. At least one shooting over the Memorial Day for the last 4 or so years. So if anyone is interested in seeing gang activity in the flesh including people performing sex acts and attempting to run over LEO and security. Come on down and see it. It will give you more info on gangs than any seminar or education updates could ever do.

SilverBullet_83
03-02-2009, 21:58

I am not in NC but everytime I go into my range I think to myself why in the hell do they sell anything to these people. I used to think I wanted to move up there and my wife still does. not going to happen!

Beware Owner
03-03-2009, 08:15
It was Chuckmans quote it got cut off when I hit quote instead of multi quote sorry bout' that.

The City of Myrtle Beach put in a lot of new restrictions for the 2 motorcycle weekends. It's going to be interesting this year, Hell's Angels and Pagans during Harley week.

Then we have Memorial Day Bike Week majority of the riders black and last few years close to 50% black organized gangs. At least one shooting over the Memorial Day for the last 4 or so years. So if anyone is interested in seeing gang activity in the flesh including people performing sex acts and attempting to run over LEO and security. Come on down and see it. It will give you more info on gangs than any seminar or education updates could ever do.

To be honest with you, I understand what gangs do (in a very, very, narrow way), and at the same time, I have no clue why the heck they do it. To attack or be mad at someone because they "represent" something other than I do is pretty stupid. I like coffee and you like tea, big deal. I mean, that's what religious extremists do for crying out loud. What happened to duking it out between the two that had the problem? They do have a sort of conditional partnership and some sort of organization, which stand alone are good, but for the purpose of doing damage, is unreasonable, irresponsible, and outright ignorant. Attack police and security, for what? All that does is create a backlash to innocents because then they get paranoid because some moron did something to them. A gang, in itself, isn't bad. A criminal gang, on the other hand, is using something that's potentially good to do wrong. It's ridiculous.

Magicmanmb
03-03-2009, 09:07
I am not in NC but everytime I go into my range I think to myself why in the hell do they sell anything to these people. I used to think I wanted to move up there and my wife still does. not going to happen!

They don't sell to them most of them are straw purchases or person to person down here. I've had 2 or 3 in the last couple of years I flat out refused to sell to. When I sold my Bushmaster A-2 I had it at $950 because of the Eotech on it. When I saw the guy covered in Aryan brotherhood tats, I told him I had decided to keep it. He offered triple what I was asking and it was really hard but I said no. That's another reason to meet in public place Range etc... when selling FTF with someone you don't know. Also the reason my bill of sale is worded the way it is, had a person I know ask to buy my 30/30. I did a quick search for convictions & criminal action on the web in my county and he showed up as being convicted of Domestic Violence and ADW. Really needed the $$ bad then but rather than get my butt in a sling no sale.

I took a lot of flaming when I posted my bill of sale in the want to sell section. But about half contacted me after they had flamed me wanting a copy. General public associates gangs with things like switchblades and Hi-Points. I've seen some very pretty Kimbers, P-08 Lugers and mostly high end guns taken off of them. Most are better shots than your local PD because they tend to spend more time practicing. These are the people that gun control and a AWB won't affect. Instead of banning the weapons ban the crooks, for some reason that basic fact doesn't seem to get through to the government.

Eagle22
03-03-2009, 09:29
Good Man

Disregarded9-side
03-03-2009, 10:01
Wake County, herre. We have Crips that don't do too much to citizens, the new and prolific Bloods moving out here, the media claims they pose a major threat. At least three murders in Raleigh were ordered by them in '08, one from prision. Accidently shot and killed college couple who were making out on NCSU campus while missing their intended victim.

MS-13 is the largest and biggest threat in the Triangle.

I know that Greensboro has serious, serious problems from my relatives in the Piedmont. Last year they had over 100 murders before the end of summer, almost all gang/drug relateds. There's a semi-newly created Greensboro gang task force.

Thanks the creator we were born in a society that allows us to defend our well-being by carrying.

Magicmanmb
03-03-2009, 19:54
But when they steal from the Hell's Angels and clearly know it, what do you thing they are going to do to Mom, Dad and the 3 kids on vacation? The government wants to pour money into power point presentations about gangs. Forget the presentations put more cops on the street and go btack to the street corner justice for awhile. ACLU and the rest of the goody goody groups can go away. Most of the Latin Kings & MS13 are illegals, drop kick them across the border tattoo a number on them if they come back automatic life prison sentence. I know it sounds a bit facist but we have to get control of it now.

Disregarded9-side
03-03-2009, 22:51
The ACLU is just as, if not more, necessary to securing the liberties of US citizens as the NRA; as much **** they do that pisses me off.
I wish people wouldn't attack them so much for defending the constitutional rights of citizens.

Magicmanmb
03-04-2009, 07:45
The ACLU is just as, if not more, necessary to securing the liberties of US citizens as the NRA; as much **** they do that pisses me off.
I wish people wouldn't attack them so much for defending the constitutional rights of citizens.

Don't have a problem with them defending the rights of legal citizens or the constitution. But which side were they on in Heller, or the murder of LEO in Philadelphia, NY etc... Draft dodgers in the 60's & 70's.

It seems they have there own interpratation of the constitution and legal gun owners aren't part of it. Apparently a U.S. citizen white male not on welfare who is a legal gun owner has no rights. You only have rights if you entered the country illegally. If the scum that hijacked the planes on 9/11 had lived the ACLU would be out in front leading the way to have them put on a pedestal.

Beware Owner
03-04-2009, 08:26
But when they steal from the Hell's Angels and clearly know it, what do you thing they are going to do to Mom, Dad and the 3 kids on vacation? The government wants to pour money into power point presentations about gangs. Forget the presentations put more cops on the street and go btack to the street corner justice for awhile. ACLU and the rest of the goody goody groups can go away.

This is true.

Most of the Latin Kings & MS13 are illegals, drop kick them across the border tattoo a number on them if they come back automatic life prison sentence. I know it sounds a bit facist but we have to get control of it now.

Source? For future references, the great majority of Latin Kings are from the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico, and are NOT illegal. MANY MS13 are illegal, but you cannot say most.

Eagle22
03-04-2009, 08:36
Got an email this morning from my wifes old neiborhood in north raleigh off Falls-of-the-Neuse

"Community Alert: Wednesday evening a local resident was shot at while driving on Steinbeck coming back from the Food Lion shopping center at 5 PM. The shooter came from the Tree Tops Apartment complex. Two 9 mm slugs hit the truck, one in the tailgate and one in the back of the driver's seat and amazingly no injuries resulted. Police responded but no arrest has been made."

Magicmanmb
03-05-2009, 08:42
This is true.

Source? For future references, the great majority of Latin Kings are from the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico, and are NOT illegal. MANY MS13 are illegal, but you cannot say most.

Correction most in this area are illegaly in this country. At one point we had 8 businesses in a row in one strip mall to ship money to the DR only. If they aren't illegal why do the majority have the same SSN and run like hell when ICE does one of there semi-annual raids. 2 businesses on 3rd avenue south that specialize in documents, another on 10th across from City Hall. PD and ICE are aware but do nothing. They brag about being in this country illegally

Beware Owner
03-05-2009, 10:10
Correction most in this area are illegaly in this country. At one point we had 8 businesses in a row in one strip mall to ship money to the DR only. If they aren't illegal why do the majority have the same SSN and run like hell when ICE does one of there semi-annual raids. 2 businesses on 3rd avenue south that specialize in documents, another on 10th across from City Hall. PD and ICE are aware but do nothing. They brag about being in this country illegally

To be honest, that's the first I hear of this.

Eagle22
03-05-2009, 12:55
To be honest, that's the first I hear of this.no offense friend, you cant be that blind?

Besides does it really matter where they are from, or if they are legal or not, gangs of any type or organized families are a threat to the US way of life and commerce.

In my opinion they are not gangs, they are terrorist and should be dealt with the same way terrorists are.

A gang is a group (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_%28sociology%29) of people who through the organization, formation, and establishment of an assemblage share a common identity (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identity_%28social_science%29). In current usage it typically denotes a criminal organization (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organized_crime) or else a criminal affiliation.

Terrorism, according to the Merriam-Webster online dictionary,<sup id="cite_ref-0" class="reference">[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism#cite_note-0)</sup> is the systematic use of terror, "violent or destructive acts (as bombing) committed by groups in order to intimidate a population or government into granting their demands."<sup id="cite_ref-1" class="reference">[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism#cite_note-1)</sup> At present, there is no internationally agreed upon definition of terrorism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Definition_of_terrorism).<sup id="cite_ref-2" class="reference">[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism#cite_note-2)</sup><sup id="cite_ref-3" class="reference">[4] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism#cite_note-3)</sup> Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those acts which (1) are intended to create fear (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear) (terror (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terror)), (2) are perpetrated for an ideological goal (as opposed to a materialistic goal or a lone attack), and (3) deliberately target (or disregard the safety of) non-combatants (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-combatant). Some definitions also include acts of unlawful (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law) violence or war.

not that far apart.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_designated_terrorist_organizations

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/terrorists/fugitives.htm

Beware Owner
03-05-2009, 13:32
no offense friend, you cant be that blind?

I'm not blind, I'm simply not where you're from to see what you see. Having lived from east to west, midwest, north to south, this is the first time I hear of this. To this day, I have never, but ever, heard of an illegal as a Latin King. MS13, oh, yeah, illegal all day, but LK's? No.

Besides does it really matter where they are from, or if they are legal or not, gangs of any type or organized families are a threat to the US way of life and commerce.

In my opinion they are not gangs, they are terrorist and should be dealt with the same way terrorists are.

Not at all! It does seem that the underlying message is that illegals are gangsters and gangs are a problem. Yes, gangs are a problem. Yes, illegal immigration is a problem as well. To sit here and bundle them together is simply unrealistic.

A gang is a group (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_%28sociology%29) of people who through the organization, formation, and establishment of an assemblage share a common identity (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identity_%28social_science%29). In current usage it typically denotes a criminal organization (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organized_crime) or else a criminal affiliation.

Terrorism, according to the Merriam-Webster online dictionary,<sup id="cite_ref-0" class="reference">[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism#cite_note-0)</sup> is the systematic use of terror, "violent or destructive acts (as bombing) committed by groups in order to intimidate a population or government into granting their demands."<sup id="cite_ref-1" class="reference">[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism#cite_note-1)</sup> At present, there is no internationally agreed upon definition of terrorism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Definition_of_terrorism).<sup id="cite_ref-2" class="reference">[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism#cite_note-2)</sup><sup id="cite_ref-3" class="reference">[4] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism#cite_note-3)</sup> Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those acts which (1) are intended to create fear (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear) (terror (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terror)), (2) are perpetrated for an ideological goal (as opposed to a materialistic goal or a lone attack), and (3) deliberately target (or disregard the safety of) non-combatants (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-combatant). Some definitions also include acts of unlawful (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law) violence or war.

not that far apart.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_designated_terrorist_organizations

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/terrorists/fugitives.htm

I don't approve of gangs either, and they should be dealt with. They are a serious problem.

Magicmanmb
03-05-2009, 20:23
To be honest, that's the first I hear of this.

Tourist area lot's of things don't make it to the paper or T.V. hurts the business even more. The 8 businesses were in Socastee still several here. A number on hwy 15 and 3rd ave. south also. If your in the area take a drive it will open your eyes and make you drive a bit faster the closer to dark it gets.

rider
06-13-2009, 18:11
No real comment about gangs, although my CC Teacher worked for the DEA and said there where a lot of gangs in NC.

However, if you live in Fuquay Varina, make sure to eat at Melvins sometime. They have the best Cheeseburgers there.

Not to go OT, but when I lived in that area Jason's was a great pizza place there too-

rider
06-13-2009, 18:18
Back on topic, a friend/shooting and dog training buddy who is K-9 with Greensboro says that there is quite a gang presence in our area-
I think that it is everywhere around here. Recently I heard that our state is a pretty major drug hub for merchandise headed for DC, NYC, Chicago (believe it or not). Presumably because of the major highways intersecting here, 77, 85, 40, 95-

glocksterr
06-13-2009, 18:28
they are laying in here thick and it is going to be a maJor problem going forward.

gang on gang is fine. when they cross the line they do tme!

:cool:

Beware Owner
06-14-2009, 07:12
I have been keeping an eye out and seen lots of Blood, MS, and Sur 13 crap going on. Again, let them kill each other, they're just doing us a favor.

GMT
06-15-2009, 05:55
Time to deal with the gangs harshly.

magpie maniac
06-15-2009, 06:13
I live in a very affluent and -- how should I put this? -- monochromatic neighborhood in Greensboro. Lots of trees, trails, great neighbors, wonderful schools, and very peaceful. But there have been a plague of larcenies and burglaries lately along the surrounding streets. A nearby playground has been tagged with gang signs. Stolen bikes dumped along a trail.

No place is immune these days. Thanks to Section 8 (or "Housing Choice Vouchers" as they now call them), these thugs encroach deeper into areas of civilization.

Magicmanmb
06-15-2009, 12:03
Have seen 3 businesses with Latin Kings tag near the new amusment park recently. That's why CCW is legal in SC. We have a very large presence of Latino gangs here. But telling the tourists kills business

Eagle22
06-17-2009, 11:43
I live in a very affluent and -- how should I put this? -- monochromatic neighborhood in Greensboro. Lots of trees, trails, great neighbors, wonderful schools, and very peaceful. But there have been a plague of larcenies and burglaries lately along the surrounding streets. A nearby playground has been tagged with gang signs. Stolen bikes dumped along a trail.

No place is immune these days. Thanks to Section 8 (or "Housing Choice Vouchers" as they now call them), these thugs encroach deeper into areas of civilization.

Screw the Section 8 crap. There are very GOOD looking couples coming to rent houses in great affluent neighborhoods and have Great back ground info checks too.

Turn out these are just straw ppl for holding houses where ppl are housed after they are imported from 'south of the boarder'. these human trafficking victims are held hostage until families pay more of money to get them released and or they are used for prostitution to pay off their debts.

Happens in Phoenix AZ all the time. Also happening here in the Carolinas.

On the out side these well to do houses look highly respectable.

Look out for a lawn care or landscaping company that is ALWAYS on the same street in this well to do neighborhood. Look out crew.

gang members are not so much what ppl think. Lots of gang members get the 12 to 15 year old wanna bes to do lot of the dirty work.

now that said, a good friend of mine lives east of Raleigh in Knightdale. Says he as an MS13 big shot living in his neighborhood . Safest place in Raleigh. LOL guy has his ppl as look outs there 24 / 7

Eagle22
07-07-2009, 05:39
Robison County NC. Local School VP shot in the face with shotgun while driving his car. He was shot two days after giving an anti-gang speech.

Beware Owner
07-09-2009, 11:52
Robison County NC. Local School VP shot in the face with shotgun while driving his car. He was shot two days after giving an anti-gang speech.

:steamed: I do have to wonder, was he anti gun too? That's a dangerous mix right there.

GMT
07-10-2009, 06:51

I see you are from Florida. After doing a search on the web I'd say your state is as bad as mine. Maybe we should both move to somewhere like Idaho.

Eagle22
07-10-2009, 14:25
:steamed: I do have to wonder, was he anti gun too? That's a dangerous mix right there.
Thought he was former Military with several tours in Afghanistan / Iraq

PipesandGOP
07-27-2009, 02:02
amen. And to the people that say you're stereotyping, I say look around and get real.
My mother teaches in a rural town and several of her children have parents who own farms. It's no rare occurrence to hear one of them talking about wiring money to have a few more brought across the border. They then rent from the farmer, he loans them money.. it's one big business.
The restaurants are the same way. I've known several of the employees by way of my ex's stepfather renting trailers to them. Yes they are illegal, and yes he's wired money to border towns to make sure they weren't killed by the man that smuggled them over the border.
But no, I'm stereotyping if I think that 30 million animals here illegally just came here for a better life. Not to drink and drive, sell drugs, kill, rape, and have anchor babies with stupid american girls.
Member of the Savage Nation

glocksterr
07-27-2009, 03:25
a nation with no borders is not a nation. Canada closed theirs, why cant we close ours?