Psalms 23 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Psalms 23

okie
09-03-2002, 13:41
The Chrysler Turbo is my engine; it shall not stall.

It maketh me burn out on black pavements;
It leadeth my on to busy freeways.

It exciteth my soul. It moveth me in the paths of acceleration; for it spools up quickly.

Yea; though I drive a Shadow through the valley of Mustangs; I shall fear no GT; for boost art with me; thy rod and thy piston they comfort me.

Though preparest a track before me in the presence of mine enemies; my 4 cylinder outrunneth V8's; though annointest my bearings with oil.

Surely traction and victory shall follow me all the days of my life; And I shall drive a Chrysler Turbo forever.

Amen!

;k

09-03-2002, 18:01
But lo, the Chrysler turbo was laid low...

For the old mesiah didst return to the street, and his name was MOPAR. And MOPAR didst give unto us the Hemi... And it was good.

And thou shalt lie down with thy Superbirds, and Barracudas, and Superbees, and Dusters, and Challengers. And they shall be good.

And thou wilst not forsake MOPAR, for MOPAR can be vengeful, and thy headers shall suffer.

And the people dids't rejoice in the streets. For the streets roared once again with power. And it was good.

okie
09-04-2002, 13:40
Marine tech that was very good man thanks. Mopars rule;2 ;+

09-04-2002, 17:50
Originally posted by okie
Mopars rule;2 ;+

Yes.... Yes they do. And I miss them very much. This is something immensely satisfying about watching a huge chunk of Detroit steel rumbling down the street on regular gas.

eisman
09-04-2002, 19:24
I don't know about you guys, but running any of the MOPARs I've owned on regular gas just plain sucked. They needed the extra octaine.

They were fun, but there are better, faster, cars.

09-04-2002, 20:37
Originally posted by eisman
I don't know about you guys, but running any of the MOPARs I've owned on regular gas just plain sucked. They needed the extra octaine.

Eisman, I think you misunderstood. When I said regular, I meant leaded gas. Maybe I'm getting old, but when we used to fill up, the attendant would ask, "Regular or unleaded." You could even find gas stations with High Test or Ethyl.

And yes, there are newer and better engines out there. But some of us still think engines should have cylinders the size of paint cans and enough torque to warp the frame if you stomp on 'em. We're the ones that watched the movie The Fast and the Furious just the see that Charger come off the line. We prefer to have a car roar instead of make some kind of insect whine.

There are 2 words that can bring me out of any deep blue funk.... Shaker hood.

eisman
09-05-2002, 00:23
Marine-

Regular to me was always the low octaine. We used High test until they said we couldn't get it anymore. Then we went down to the airfield, bought avgas, and mixed our own.

Yeah, I remember the noise. I had a 68 Dart with a 340 6 pak and a 70 Challenger w/ 440. My dog knew when I was coming home about 5 minutes before I got there.

They were good for the brackets, and fun to unwind out in the desert, but several years of driving the autobahn made me appreciate the limitations.

WolfmanGK
09-06-2002, 00:40
Leaded gas would actually destroy most modern engines today, which sucks because it really sealed those cylinders up tight. Nothing can compare to the sound of an uncorked carb'd v-8 of that era.. it's too bad it had to be ruined by rice. ;k

MyGlockRocks
09-08-2002, 14:55
Originally posted by okie
Marine tech that was very good man thanks. Mopars rule;2 ;+
And they ask why I love my DAKOTA!