Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Rate this Entry

Pvt. Manning - He's Our Man

Posted 12-19-2010 at 18:44 by methodius

I was watching the news this evening on one of the networks. This is something I rarely do. I read most of my news rather than watch it and I will admit I get my news from a few select sites on the internet. The story tonight that struck me this evening was a brief bit about Army Pvt. Manning - the young man who released the documents on Afghanistan to Wikileaks.

In the story the news commentator suggested that Pvt. Manning’s motivation for releasing the information he did was because he felt “overlooked” and “ignored.” He was dismayed at having to serve in Iraq in a situation he strongly opposed. The reporter even suggested that Pvt. Manning’s suppressed homosexuality helped cause his feelings of inadequacy and led him to seek attention through his actions.

The newsman telling the story even went so far as to suggest that Pvt. Manning was to be pitied because many in his hometown were against him. The story quoted an old Marine of World War Two or Korean War vintage as saying he deserved the death penalty for his treason. Pvt. Manning’s former principal stated that if convicted Pvt. Manning deserved everything coming to him.

How sad that Pvt. Manning is the victim in this situation. How awful it is that he has to suffer the humiliation of being ignored seeing how gifted and superior he is to his fellow soldiers. I am devastated that he has had to languish, bored out of his mind for the last four month in a tiny cell while brave Afghans who put their lives at risk to ally themselves with the United States have to hide as their service to us became public knowledge.

How troubling it is to hear old war dogs who remember the day when treason meant life in Leavenworth at best or death at worst call for a traitor to get what a traitor ought to get for his actions. How disturbing it is for a former educator who remembers the former student well to call for the punishment to fit the crime.

I think this should be a lesson to all of us. The real victim in a crime such as this is the one who is crying out for attention. Never mind the innocent Afghans who have lost or will loose their lives because of the leaked documents. Forget the harm done to the diplomatic endeavors of our State Department. Let’s all join hands and form a circle of love around Pvt. Manning and reassure him of just how special he is. Maybe next time he will think twice before committing treason against the country that entrusted him with some of its most sacred secrets.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4498 Comments 3 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment

Are you serious?

I hope that is satire coming from you...
    Updated 03-10-2011 at 03:43 by SwornInfidel
  2. Old Comment

Are you serious?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SwornInfidel View Comment
    I hope that is satire coming from you...
    Satire & sarcastic from beginning to end. I am also in complete agreement with the idea that part of our military's traditional law and code of honor allowed for and carried out the death penalty for treason. Our Founding Fathers were no fools nor did they suffer them.
  3. Old Comment
    Someone leaked this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rex_84
    at one time ... I wonder if he was a traitor...?

Which makes me wonder if
    Quote:
    "Manning’s suppressed homosexuality helped cause his feelings of inadequacy and led him to seek attention through his actions."
    that is a true statement or more fluf...

What if the dude is straight? What if someone is lying? Whos word do we trust? Or do we trust no one make sure we have proof? Find the facts?

Or not care about anything turn the TV on grab a beer and just love the slavery... kinda sheepy if you ask me..

"O the guy on TV told me he was a ad bad guy and so ya kill the traitor..."

I mean for crying out loud... Look at Iran for instance ...
    Remember who put these morons in power over the. Who do they work for anyway?

Look up:
    The 1953 Iranian coup on August 19, 1953 (known as the 28 Mordad coup in Iran), was the Iranian military's overthrow of the government of Iranian Prime Minister Mohammad Mosaddegh orchestrated by the intelligence agencies of the United Kingdom and the United States.

Mr. Mosaddegh was pro US by the way... Why would u take a friendly out anyway and put a freak job in...?

Posted 03-15-2011 at 14:30 by Shepherds_Hook_47 Shepherds_Hook_47 is offline