GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Rate this Entry

G19 and Ruger LCR - two gun CCW?

Posted 04-08-2011 at 15:59 by nrayjr

[QUOTE=WMDoug;17183568]I am waiting on my CPL to come in. In the meanwhile I have decided to get a snubby for pocket carry (Ruger LCR) and was going to carry my G19 either IWB or OWB. I did look at a G26 but it printed too much for pants pocket. In Michigan we are always wearing some kind of jacket, so pocket made sense for casual carry as well.

That being said, a G19 and Ruger seems like a lot of firepower to keep track of. How many of you guys carry two guns CCW? What are your gun combinations and how are they carried?

Sorry about all the questions, but this place is ALWAYS my starting point for knowledge gain. Thanks for any replies.[/QUOTE]

As a Texas Certified CHL Instucter for the past 15 years, I always recomend the Glock 19 for 1st time CHL License holders or people with a carry permit. Why??? Because it's simple, light, conceals well, AND It Works Every Time!!! And even tho my favorite CHL gun is a officers size 1911 in .45 acp, I frequently carry a Glock 31 (357 sig) & a Glock 33 compact as a Back-up because the mags will interchange. I prefere the .357 sig because it has miuch more stopping power than a 9mm, but it also gas quite a bit more recoil. And I have also found I can Conceal a full size Glock as easy as the compact frame. I prefer a Galco M5X Matrix Paddle Holster holster or the Galco Concealable Belt Holster. Also, with the hot weather here in Texas. I often carry what the Texas Rangers call "Mexican Style". Thay is just tucked inside the pants on the right hip with the butt of the gun turned forward. I can not do that with my 1911, because of to many sharp edges, 7 the sweat will rust your gun. I prefer the Glock when I carry in this manner because it's much more comfortable than the 1911. AND, I Have Had even mu Best 1911 jam before. BUT I have never had any of my Glock's Jam! Ever!!!
So yes, I always carry 2 guns & sometimes 3.
If I have to call the Cops @ my ranch, they are 1 hour away. Carrying 3 guns may seem extreme to a lot of people, but like I tell my students... It's Much Better to have them & not Need them, then the alternative. Because the 1 time U leave your Gun @ home. That's the 1 time U WILL need it!!! I Pray I Never have to use my Carry Gun, but they R with me always. I can proteck my family at all times against all bad guys. BTW, I usuakky carrry a Ruger LCP 380 w/ the Crimson Trace Lazer as my 3rd Pistol. Not my favorite Caliber for Self Defense, but it is Very Reliable, & beats a Knife Any Day! All my Texas State Trooper friends carry 1 in their week-side pocket. That way, if some one is trying to take away their Duty Weapon, the can reach in there left pocket & use the LCP .380 to get the Bad Guy whom they are fighting with! So don't let anyone make fun of U for carrying 2 or 3 guns. Every Law Officer I know does. Better to be over prepared than un-armed or have a malfunction. That's not Paranoia, it's just being pre-paired like the Boy Scout Motto. NR
Here is a link to my websight if U have any more questions. Advice is free...
[URL]http://www.abileneconcealedhandgunlicense.com/[/URL]
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3197 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments