GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Rate this Entry

Howdy, folks

Posted 09-02-2011 at 21:38 by Critias

Sorry I've been so crazy quiet lately -- Glocktalk is still snug and safe in my browser's favorites list, I promise! -- but I've just been keeping busy with about a million other things.

Grad school is trucking along, I'm seven classes deep and still desperately hangin' onto my 4.0 gpa. One professor at a time, I keep trickin' these folks into thinking I know what I'm doing. I just started earlier this week as the departmental Graduate Assistant, which is basically a tutoring position, helping out any professors that ask for it (filling in if they're going to miss a class, or with some grading), and that sort of thing. My hope is that hanging out on campus more, getting to know some professors more, will help me to weasel my way into a Graduate Teaching Assistant position next semester, where I'll actually have my own survey-level class of underclassmen to torture.

Freelancing still keeps me busy, I've got a total of four sourcebooks under my belt now for my current employer (Catalyst Game Labs, and their game Shadowrun). My first ever solo project sold very, very, well, and I'm working on a follow-up right now, and maybe a cool fiction project.

Texas is hotter'n last summer, somehow. I spent three weeks in Scotland this summer doing a study abroad program, and the first words out of my mouth when I got back (going from 65 degree temperatures to 105 degree temperatures) were "Why the hell does anyone live here?" On the bright side, it's been so hot and dry that I've only mowed the lawn once all year, so, uhh...that's good, I guess? All I know is when the signs in front of churches say "Pray for Rain," it's been a long summer.

Anyways, I'm not sure how many of y'all will even read this, but I wanted to take a minute and just check in. I haven't forgotten about Glocktalk -- my GT SpyderCo is my everyday go-to knife, and I miss this place like crazy sometimes -- but so much else of what I'm doing has me sitting in front of a computer, it's hard to sneak in one more social outlet that just involves me and a keyboard.

I hope everyone's doing okay, and maybe after this semester I'll have time to check in more often and see how folks are doing. In the meantime, feel free to look me up on Facebook (Rusty Zimmerman) and say howdy. I keep track of a couple of y'all from there, and would love to keep in touch with a couple more of the regulars.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1695 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments