Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Rate this Entry

Time to Man Up

Posted 03-23-2012 at 15:02 by DetroitMike
Updated 03-23-2012 at 15:07 by DetroitMike

Dear GlockTalk members,

In recent days Detroit is getting increasingly restless (no, really? - well, more than usual anyways.) Taking into account the economic downturn, collapse of the autos and the shadow of corrupted past and present I realize that the Motorcity is in shambles. However, I will not give up on my town.

The autos are coming back to life and the country is slowly healing. Detroit, being the "ground zero" of the recession, is taking a little bit longer to follow suit and the locals are getting antsy.

Like many urban dwellers of other major cities, I have personally experienced vandalism and theft of superficial items that can be replaced. But in this year alone, I have witnessed the death of a few associates, lives which cannot be returned or replaced.

I am the oldest of four children, dad left town after divorcing mom in 2004. After which, I decided to move closer to her and my grandmother to be closer, helping them when I can and to respond quickly in time of need.

I am a peaceable (not passive) young black man who has never handled a gun in my youth or young adult life until now, at age 32, when I decided it might be time to man up and get a Glock.

I will share on this blog my journey to learn more about self and home defense as I protect my home and family.

Your experiences and input are well welcomed as I love to learn and love others' stories. I am no expert, "prepper" or "survivalist" in common terms, but I am clear and independently-thinking, responsible, and insightful enough to prepare and be ready for trying times.

I choose not to discuss political, social, or religious issues as they can get heavy and heated. Our country is great in that we can all have our own views and express those views without the imminent fear of persecution or worse, death. However, words can be more hurtful than any caliber bullet spit from a gun. They can tear away the soul of men if used maliciously. On the flip side, they can build up the spirit of a people when articulated with love.

Keep it "Glocky" and thanks for checking me out.

-DetroitMike
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1699 Comments 1 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    DetroitMike;

I lived in Detroit for years, got my Michigan CPL and started carrying while living in Detroit (and visiting family in Benton Harbor), so if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

What part of the D are you in? I had my first house on Braile, in S.W. Detroit, just on the other side of Rouge Park from Redford. Then my second was in the same general area, just a bit north, near 6 Mile/Lahser/Grand River.