GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Rate this Entry

"Now, that's a good question"

Posted 06-30-2012 at 12:49 by photooracle

Well, guys & gals . . . I didn't know where to put this question. Perhaps some of you will have good answers.

Recently (like 3 weeks ago) I had a pacemaker implanted, and now I have to be on Oxygen 24/7. Hopefully it will be temporary, but we do not know yet.

I'm sure everyone here knows that you do not smoke around Oxygen, have to keep distance from open flames, and even sparks.

Now, if I fire my G19, the gun may have some flame, sparks, etc. from either the muzzle or the chamber.

Anyone out there with actual knowlege of what danger I am putting myself in by discharging a weapon??
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1466 Comments 3 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Basically, the o2 outside the tank will flash fire and can explode if in a tight space. A wet suppressor will allow multiple shots in a 02 rich environment and not allow fire outside the muzzle. There is danger but what spectacular way to get a badguy.
    Updated 07-08-2012 at 16:47 by DocWills
  2. Old Comment
    Most likely I would not have to shave after that event. Of course the question was serious, but in reality you are correct inasmuch as it would "flash" and could burn, but would not explode.

Also looked up O2 and it is NOT considered a flammable for some reason . . . although as you said would "enrich" the air around it causing more flame.
  3. Old Comment
    An update . . . next move was to have open heart surgery in mid-October. Resting at home now, 5-6 month recovery.

Sort of hanging out with Obama's rhetoric on gun control (again) and thinking of looking into Wal-Mart for ammo (if it is still available)