Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Rate this Entry

School Reunions

Posted 11-13-2012 at 10:24 by Arc Angel
Updated 11-14-2012 at 08:12 by Arc Angel

Frankly Iím a little bit dismayed! I was recently notified that my old school is holding itís annual alumni day event this week. Iíve never gone to any of these things in the past; and I wonít be going to the one that's being held this year, either.

As I mentioned to my wife the other day: You canít, ever, really go back. You just canít. Events like this one can, also, bring up as many unpleasant as pleasant memories, as well: Nobody looks the same; everybody looks older, heavier, balder, and, probably, weaker too.

Most people at these events tend to see you for what you have acquired in life rather than for what youíve worked so hard, for so long, to become.

You can show off: a new BMW, a Brooks Brothers suit, a Rolex, or a, Ďtrophy wifeí; but you canít show off the facts that youíve never been in jail, are trusted by your community to go about, Ďarmed and dangerousí, have been happily married to the same woman for the past 40 years, and spent all of that time doing no deliberately harm to any other honorable man.

No, when the celebration kicks off at 9:00 AM next Saturday morning, once again, Iím not going to be there; nor, do I feel like Iím missing anything.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 813 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »