Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Rate this Entry

Gun free school thoughts

Posted 12-20-2012 at 15:30 by shadow_dog
Updated 12-20-2012 at 15:33 by shadow_dog

I am writing this after seeing how a friend has evolved after the school shooting. They have school age children. They are a liberal Democrat, but have always been open about supporting gun rights and the 2nd Amendment. Now however they seem to be against owning guns. They also apparently don't think educators should be armed either.

This got me to thinking about the school issue. We all know America is a land of choices. Albeit they seem to be getting legislated to fewer choices.

Anyway, there are "charter" schools all across the country. What would be wrong with the introduction of "charter" schools where the educators are armed, and part of the curriculum was gun safety and self defense was taught to the students? I just wonder how many parents would enroll their children in a school such as this? That way there would be a clear cut choice for the parents regarding their children. They could either attend a "gun free" school or a school where there was protection offered. If I had children that were of school age I know the choice would be an easy one for me.

Feel free to share with anyone.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1301 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments