GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Using the Glock Magazine Loader

Posted 12-02-2010 at 12:42 by Butch
Tags mag loader

It's not uncommon for folks (especially new Glock owners) to not quickly understand how to use the supplied magazine loading tool, so, here ya go!

Put the mag loader over the top of the magazine tube and push it all the way down to make room for the next cartridge.

While holding the loading tool down, start the round into the mag by pushing it back against the mag loader.

Keeping rearward pressure against the cartridge, slide the mag loader upwards......

...... until the cartridge can be pushed all the way into the mag.

Repeat until the mag is loaded. The last round is often difficult to load until the mag has been used some.....so push hard.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 12600 Comments 4 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Butch,

I have owned no less than 10 Glocks in my life and I have honestly never known exactly how to properly use one of these. You are right, they make getting the last few rounds into a newer magazine much easier, especially number 15 on my G19.

Thanks for the tip!
  2. Old Comment
    I never understood why anyone would want such a tool. We never needed anything like that when I was growing up.

But now that I'm all done growing, and getting old, my hands enjoy the extra assist.

And I even purchased an Upla for the wife.
  3. Old Comment
    The glock mag loader is great for an inexpensive, single piece of plastic, way to load magazines.

BUT I purchased an uplula because I got a good deal on it (it was $15 still in the box at a gun show) and it is a lot easier and faster. If you ever reload while at the range and want to do it faster, I think they are worth the 20-25 bucks, they are that much better than the glock one.

You still can't fault glock's loader... its a great design and works very well with no moving parts.
  4. Old Comment
    I found the easiest way was to insert one round by hand first so that the square edges of the loader do Not nick the surface of the follower