GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

1. Old Comment

How does a Glock work?

Thanks for the work on this! I always find pictures helpful.

Dave
  2. Old Comment

Using the Glock Magazine Loader

I never understood why anyone would want such a tool. We never needed anything like that when I was growing up.

But now that I'm all done growing, and getting old, my hands enjoy the extra assist.

And I even purchased an Upla for the wife.
  3. Old Comment

GAPophobia

(the New Service in in .455)

4. Old Comment

GAPophobia

.455 Webley? Even the brits who invented it didn't like that round and they were the ones who invented the ugly pistols to go with it

- low velocity of 650 ft/s (190 m/s).
    - rated superior to the .45 Colt in stopping power in the disputed United States Thompson-LaGarde Tests of 1904 that resulted in the adoption by the U.S. of the .45 ACP cartridge
    So it's got that going for it...
    Yes I'm a little bored on the LDU
    Updated 11-10-2011 at 14:18 by giant_pita
  5. Old Comment

Sighting in for Dummies

Butch, I talked to you on a thread, and you referred me to your blog. These have been alot of help, thank you. If I ask you stupid questions, I apologize ahead of time, lol. Feel free to tell me to shut up, I won't be offended at all, but I really want to become a better shooter and you're about the only person who's offered any advice.

A six o'clock hold means aim at the 6 o'clock position of the black section of the target right? What if I were to take round orange stickers and place them on the target and aim for those instead of aiming for 6 o'clock? Generally when I go to the range, I just take my own paper/targets and place bright orange stickers on them. It turns my 1 target paper into a 9 target paper, lol.

Last weekend at the range I was consistently a few inches low on my target.... no left or right, just low. Part of it was my trigger control, no doubt about it, but I wasn't noticeably flinching, (I dry fire every day for a few hours, and at the range I took a .38 revolver with me, had a buddy load 2 spent rounds and 3 live, and stayed steady the entire time, and practice it 5 times). Perhaps I was anticipating the recoil, so I pushed a bit? I think I may pick up some dummy rounds and work on it some more.

Thanks again for the help, and sorry in advance if my questions bother you.

Joe
  6. Old Comment

Trigger Control for Dummies

THANKS, FOR THE VERY GOOD INFORMATION.
  7. Old Comment

The six o’clock hold

Here's my problem with "sighting-in" my G27 as you describe:

I did a rough measurement of the distance from the barrel axis to the top of the front sight, It is over a half inch - more like 9/16". This means that the bullet has to rise and cross the "line of sight" and then fall back to it somewhere along it's trajectory. Thus the gun has to be "sighted in" for a desired distance so that the bullet's path and the line of sight intersect, hopefully for the first time. What is that distance? (7 yd? 10 yd? 15 or 25 yd?) I guess it depends on the application, but for range practice for self defense, what's the optimal distance?

I found a trajectory table here http://www.chuckhawks.com/handgun_trajectory_table.htmthat show of a 9mm (with 115 grain bullet) is sighted in for "Maximum point blank range" the bullet will be about 3" high at 50 yards and about 4" LOW at 100 yards.

So I guess sighting-in for 25 yards wouild decrease those tolerances substantially?
  8. Old Comment

Excellent Post...Thank you
  9. Old Comment

The six o’clock hold

This was very informative. Is there an easy way to convert the sights from stock so that they will shoot like in pic #1? It looks like #3 is the standard sight picture, which will leave a shooter using #1 hold shooting pretty high?
  10. Old Comment

Use the Reset Luke….

I agee, but in my understanding DAO should be just as it is : DAO, on the other hand, Glock's trigger is acting as a SA if you have a missfire ... I understand the point with the matter of opinion, but if we have a DAO trigger, misfired round will not change the way the trigger operates... I am not concern of the quicker technique for dealing with missfired round, you are absolutely right about it, but my point is strictly about the action of the trigger... I think second strike capability is a natural property of DAO trigger, regardless of how we clear the bad round in the chamber...Why should I not have the sec. strike cap. on a Glock trigger ... ? What is the advantage for someone, that is not enough trained to clear the gun, like ... 60% probably of all that legaly carry a gun...
    It's getting some how academical but it is interesting why someone would determine Glock's trigger as DAO, basicaly considering only the process before cicling of the gun ...
    Best regards.
  11. Old Comment

Use the Reset Luke….

Quote:
    Originally Posted by .38 super View Comment
    ......if DAO trigger on self-loadin pistols should alwais have a second strike capability ... ?
    That's a pretty big if!

The need for a second strike capability is just a matter of opinion.

Some folks think a second strike on a primer that failed to fire on the first try might make it fire the second try.....others think it might be a waste of precious time when a fresh round could be getting racked into the chamber instead. Depending on why the gun failed to fire on the try, I think they both *might* be right!

The Military had a prerequisite requiring a double strike capability for the M9 trials, but there is no rule/regulation/law that I'm aware of that requires it for a gun to be classified as DAO.
  12. Old Comment

Use the Reset Luke….

I completely agree with the technique described in your great post, however, I'm wondering how ATF would describe Glock's trigger as DAO if DAO trigger on self-loadin pistols should alwais have a second strike capability ... ?
  13. Old Comment

The six o’clock hold

thanks for taking the time to write this.
    It has helped.
    Greg
  14. Old Comment

thanks for taking the time to write this.
    It has helped.
    Greg
  15. Old Comment

Use the Reset Luke….

Great clarification on this confusing issue for me. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
  16. Old Comment

Nomenclature the easy way

Good morning, Glock members. A short note: IF YOU ARE A BEGINNER GLOCK, OR A SEASONED GLOCK, TAKE A LOOK AT: TAGS: NOMENCLATURE, OR PARTS. The comment, description, is provided by BUTCH, CLM Number 29, from MN. YOU WILL FIND: full color pictures of a Glock, with complete identification of parts, AND, arrows pointing to each part. THIS INFO IS AWESOME. GREAT WORK HERE, FROM BUTCH.
    IF YOU ARE A SEASONED GLOCK, GIVE YOURSELF A QUICK QUIZ. CAN YOU TAKE A PAD AND PEN, AND LIST ALL OF THE PARTS TO A GLOCK? I THINK THERE ARE 57. AT LEAST THAT'S WHAT THE GUY AT THE GUN STORE TOLD ME.
    AGAIN, BEST REGARDS TO BUTCH IN MN FOR ALL THE GREAT INFO. AS A NEW GLOCK, I FIND IT EXTREMELY VALUABLE. BEST, BOBG.
  17. Old Comment

Trigger Spring Broke? Keep Shooting!

If the Gen 4 trigger bar is the answer, can the Gen 4 trigger bar go in my Gen 3 pistol?
  18. Old Comment

GAPophobia

Thanks for all of your posts, Butch. I was originally leery of the usefulness of the 45GAP - now I own the G37, 38, and 39! Cheers
  19. Old Comment

GAPophobia

I'm not particularly fond of the Gap round just because its expensive ... like I might as well shoot 45 ACP which I love anyway... :-) lol

I've seen people just giving away the guns .... but the ammo nope....
    think the XD just came out in 45 gap... how weird....

anywho... if you don't like the big grip by a G22 and be done with it.. lol

:-)
    Posted 04-28-2011 at 17:48 by Shepherds_Hook_47 Shepherds_Hook_47 is offline
  20. Old Comment

GAPophobia

I like the .45 ACP because of its power, its size, its history, and its wide availability.

But I'd never buy a .45 GAP.

I don't know the last time I ever saw any for sale. Anywhere.
    Posted 04-26-2011 at 09:38 by RustyDaleShackleford RustyDaleShackleford is offline