GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

1. Old Comment

GAPophobia

So true my friend. I have both GLOCK .45 ACP & .45 GAP pistols. The barrel lengths are similar. Using same weight bullets same type bullets, (JHP, FMJ) I have found the performance to be about the same. Regarding +P, the ACP may be more powerful, but that doesn’t mean anything to me as I don’t care for +P in .45 ACP. I’ve tried it and found no need for it.
  2. Old Comment

GAPophobia

Stop that making sense you!
  3. Old Comment

GAPophobia

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Comment
    Which .45 GAP ammo is more powerful than it's .45 ACP equivalent?
    http://www.winchester.com/products/h...s/default.aspx Compare the 230gr FMJ loads.

And the 185 Gold Dots-> http://www.speer-ammo.com/ballistics/ammo.aspx

My own chronograph showed similar results, which were printed here on GlockTalk years ago.
    Updated 04-22-2011 at 23:20 by Butch
  4. Old Comment

GAPophobia

Which .45 GAP ammo is more powerful than it's .45 ACP equivalent?
  5. Old Comment

The six o’clock hold

Quote:
    Originally Posted by barefoot View Comment
    I don't have anything that would measure it precisely enough, I'm sure - but it looks like it has a Glock logo on top and it has "AJ2" on the side. I checked the Glock website and didn't find this - my initial impression is that all front sights would be the same height, since there are different rear sights to adjust elevation ... but maybe you can tell me different? or perhaps I need to replace the stock rear sights with the taller rear sight?
    Sounds like a night sight:

What's on the rear? Steel? Does it have a single line on the side like the second one in this pic? (6.5)
  6. Old Comment

The six o’clock hold

I don't have anything that would measure it precisely enough, I'm sure - but it looks like it has a Glock logo on top and it has "AJ2" on the side. I checked the Glock website and didn't find this - my initial impression is that all front sights would be the same height, since there are different rear sights to adjust elevation ... but maybe you can tell me different? or perhaps I need to replace the stock rear sights with the taller rear sight?
  7. Old Comment

The six o’clock hold

Quote:
    Originally Posted by barefoot View Comment
    My G26 was purchased used and has an aftermarket front sight - and it hits consistently low when using 6 o'clock hold. Is the aftermarket sight too tall?
    Well, it sounds like it!

Do you have a way to measure the height of the front sight? And how far below point of aim is the impact?

Check out Ameriglo's sight calculator too, you might find it very helpful. http://www.ameriglo.net/sights/calculator
  8. Old Comment

The six o’clock hold

My G26 was purchased used and has an aftermarket front sight - and it hits consistently low when using 6 o'clock hold. Is the aftermarket sight too tall?
  9. Old Comment
    Updated 03-11-2011 at 16:51 by Glock Coma
  10. Old Comment

Trigger Control for Dummies

the army stores sell dummy rounds cheap
  11. Old Comment

Glock Trigger Combinations

I've never been happy with "'cuz I said so" answers.

Thanks for the explanation!
  12. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by greenLED View Comment
    Butch, would you mind explaining why? Thanks.
    I suppose 'Glock says' isn't the answer you're looking for....right?

The NY/8lb connector combination puts too much pressure on the trigger bar/connector interface and galling can occur. When that happens it can be very difficult (if not impossible) to make the gun fire.
  13. Old Comment

Quote:
    NY springs should NOT be used with the 8lb connector.
    Butch, would you mind explaining why? Thanks.
  14. Old Comment

Using the Glock Magazine Loader

Butch,

I have owned no less than 10 Glocks in my life and I have honestly never known exactly how to properly use one of these. You are right, they make getting the last few rounds into a newer magazine much easier, especially number 15 on my G19.

Thanks for the tip!
  15. Old Comment

Trigger Spring Broke? Keep Shooting!

Thanks for the info & pics! I was just reading a post on The Firing Line where concerns were that the trigger spring made the Glock unreliable. Never had a problem with mine, but next time I'll have a good answer.

Dave
  16. Old Comment

very good info butch !!!!
  17. Old Comment

Butch,
    This was demonstrated to us in the Glock Armorer Course I took in June. The instructor had us REMOVE the spring to show us how to run the gun in the event of a break. Its still incredible to me that a gun will still run with a major part removed (or broken).

After the first time you manually cycle the slide (after breakage), the firing of a round will continue to cycle the slide thereafter.

Drew
  18. Old Comment

The six o’clock hold

Thanks Butch. That will help me work on my aim.
  19. Old Comment

The six o’clock hold

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ADK_40GLKr View Comment
    But, with your sight picture #2, with the front sight on the bottom of the black area on the target and the impact at the center of the bulls eye (2" higher)- won't the target have to be at a specific distance, or else the bullet will continue rising to it's mid range zenith and then start dropping back to the line of sight?
    Correct! But that's how you sight the gun in when you are shooting in a competitive bullseye match.....you want the bullets to hit the center of the target to get the highest point value.

If you aren't shooting bullseye competition, you probably want to sight the gun in so your bullets hit the target just above the top of your front sight (like shown in the first pic above).

Then, if you use a six o'clock hold (so you can shoot your best group), your bullets would impact the target near the bottom of the black bullseye...like this:

Then, if you want to hit the center of the target, you'd use a center hold instead of a six o'clock hold.....point of aim equals point of impact:
  20. Old Comment

The six o’clock hold

Butch,
    I like this. The type of thing I'm working on right now. But, with your sight picture #2, with the front sight on the bottom of the black area on the target and the impact at the center of the bulls eye (2" higher)- won't the target have to be at a specific distance, or else the bullet will continue rising to it's mid range zenith and then start dropping back to the line of sight?