GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

1. Old Comment

Great new holster everyone should look into!

Does the Kydex Thread really make a difference? I have 2 Shielded Holsters from Kwart, and they have several rivets on each side. The only bennefit I can see is that it would make for a more flexible holster, but around where the kydex meets the leather isn't where you want flex...right?
  2. Old Comment

OOPss forgot the link

[URL]http://shtfgear.com/[/URL]
    Here's that link to their site. Yeah I'm sure that crossbreed would be more than happy to repair the cracked kydex for me. Dont get me wrong I love the crossbreed for sure but the little improvements that the SHTF holster has have really made it that much more appealing to me. I'm also a smaller kind of guy so a smaller gun with this holster has just happened to be the answer to my year round conceal carry problems. The comfort and concealability was just that much better. I reccomend crossbreeds for sure and dont dispute how great they are, but if your in the market for a holster of this type or any holster for that matter, I'd strongly suggest giving the guys over at SHTF GEAR a good looking into. There are alot of great holsters like Donhume or my $80 all leather pancake galco holster which has all the comfort I could want but it really imprints on anything not layered or a suit coat. Also drawing and putting the gun back to the holster was shockingly natural and much easier with the kydex support. I'm not sure if it's the gentle built in cant or the positioning of the kydex on the leather backing but it's as easy a one handed draw and return i've had of all the holsters i've tried. These are really great and they do offer a 30 day money back guarantee if it's not what you want. Go ahead and contact them and see. Thanks for the input guys! I always enjoy some good input and ideas to bounce around with.
    Updated 08-02-2011 at 20:40 by DAMACLESE
  3. Old Comment

J.I.T. SLIDE

http://www.donhume.com/index.php?mai...tev9mqfr59j6i6

This is also a great holster for my G19. I carry everyday and this is very easy to conceal. Not for deep cover like an IWB but with any button down shirt it works well. This holster holds the weapon as clos to the body as anything else I've tried. Inexpensive as well!
  4. Old Comment

Well, I took another look at the SHTF and I do like the way the leather is cut. It looks like it will give you a little better mobility around your hip when you sit down. Definately something to look at. I would like to try one out for a week or so to really give an objective opinion.
  5. Old Comment

Basically what you've got with the SHTF model is a crossbreed combat cut. Crossbreed has made a couple oof rigs for me which I've been very pleased with, but I have to admit that I have done some modification to their design including trimming the kydex,leather and repositioning the belt clips. If you get in touch with crossbreed they would probably repair/replace the kydex on your rig for a minimal fee or maybe for nothing. Give them a call and see if they can help you. The last rig they made for me they did in a hurry because I only had a two week turn around before I headed back to Afghanistan. Not many folks will put you ahead of others which I understand, but I do appreciate their customer service. Very good folks at crossbread!
  6. Old Comment