GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Old

Exit stage left. I mean right.

Posted 12-14-2010 at 16:05 by spero525

I had a Christmas post in mind, but then I read GioaJack's entry on Santa Claus (highly recommendable--go read it if you haven't already) and lost some momentum. My brain has difficulty writing tongue in cheek following something with honest substance in it. And oh was my post theoretically fraught with cheekiness! Oh well. Maybe next time.

For now I'll leave you with one of my favorite Christmas music videos.

Straight No Chaser--12 Days of Christmas
HE did it.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2557 Comments 0 spero525 is offline Edit Tags
Old

Yes Virginia, there still is a Santa Claus.

Posted 12-13-2010 at 20:04 by GioaJack

[CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="6"][I]YES VIRGINIA, THERE [B]STILL[/B] IS A SANTA CLAUS[/I][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

'The more things change, the more they remain the same'. This adage is never more true than around the Christmas season when children, on the cusp of discovering awareness ask their parents, "Does Santa Claus really exist?"

Eight-year old Virginia O'Hanlon asked that question of her father and not knowing how...
Conifer Jack
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3865 Comments 3 GioaJack is offline Edit Tags
Old

My daughter the right winger

Posted 12-12-2010 at 16:49 by Bill Powell (Bill's stories)
Updated 01-11-2011 at 18:37 by Bill Powell

When my daughter started school in Tulsa I had my first confrontation with the establishment. The first day she brought home a list of needed supplies that should have balanced the national budget. Everything you could possibly ever need for school work, up to and including paper for her graduation diploma, I don't know which one.

The item that caused the first confrontation was a box of crayons. I sent one of the 72 count boxes so she would have crayons for her entire school career....
Cross Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2204 Comments 1 Bill Powell is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Are we killing the American Dream?

Posted 12-10-2010 at 13:28 by GioaJack

[FONT="Garamond"][CENTER][I][SIZE="6"]Are we killing the American Dream?[/SIZE][/I][/CENTER][/FONT]

Those who chronicle their life in these United States in multiples of decades rather than the post-internet era well remember being taught that the American Dream was a spouse, a good job, a house with a white picket fence and 2.33 children. Certainly an idyllic vision for many and the basis of variation for others.

As the years pass...
Conifer Jack
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4750 Comments 5 GioaJack is offline Edit Tags
Old

International Shipping

Posted 12-10-2010 at 11:24 by **cutup**

I have enjoyed many great trades with knife enthusiasts literally around the world. So, I am open to buying and selling across the pond.

But, if I have any inkling you may use a knife I sell you against the US or our Allies, I ain't shipping the knife. Heck ya it is ignorant and prejudice. And that don't bother me none at all. You got a Muslim sounding name--sorry. You got a non Muslim sounding name that I think sounds Muslim cause I'm ignorant--sorry. You in a country that...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1694 Comments 0 **cutup** is offline Edit Tags