GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Old

The truth about so called "Universal background checks"..

Posted 04-07-2013 at 17:02 by TheJ
Updated 09-10-2014 at 10:21 by TheJ

The truth about so called universal background checks is quite convoluted but essentially it is purely a "feel good" or sound-bite measure. It would not only utterly fail as proposed but it would violate the fundamental right of self defense. We already have a back ground check system and required checks for all purchases of firearms from dealers. The so called "universal" checks proposed would actually expand the system already in place to include all private transfers of...
NRA Life Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1659 Comments 0 TheJ is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Why Gun Control Fails..

Posted 02-19-2013 at 15:16 by TheJ
Updated 09-10-2014 at 08:35 by TheJ

The core reason gun control always fails to reduce violent crime/murder in an open society is because effectively it can only negatively impact the ability to defend yet has practically no effect on the ability to attack.

Why is that?

Well in a nut shell, firearms are far and away much better suited for defense then they are for offense. That may seem counterintuitive to some but take the modern police for example. As a matter of policy do they carry...
NRA Life Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1673 Comments 0 TheJ is offline Edit Tags
Old

Book- Glock: The Rise of Americas Gun

Posted 12-21-2011 at 14:31 by TheJ
Tags book

This is a great read. I found it fascinating both as somebody who has a big interest in Glock and other firearms generally in addition to how the business achieved it's status in the America. I found the story that unfolded as I learned about some of the history and players behind the success of Glock to be surprisingly exciting and even riveting at times. The more I read the book the the more I wanted to keep reading it. I was actually disappointed that it had to end.

http://www.amazon.com/Glock-Americas...=1RU0F8AQGALY7
NRA Life Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2065 Comments 2 TheJ is offline Edit Tags