GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Old

On History.

Posted 11-26-2010 at 13:35 by Critias

I often get a funny look when I tell someone I'm studying history. The looks get funnier when I tell them I'm going to grad school for history.

My mom -- God bless her -- is particularly baffled by all this. She tries to look happy and interested, but deep down inside I can tell she's tilting her head a little to one side, like a puppy, and trying to figure out why I'm wasting my time. She's proud of my good grades, proud of me getting published, presenting research, and all...
Freelancer
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2684 Comments 1 Critias is offline Edit Tags
Old

This Mossberg 590 is the best shotgun I've ever owned (and the only).

Posted 11-25-2010 at 23:30 by Critias

Since I got back into shooting sports as an adult -- I was primarily an archery kid for a long time, and got into shooting comparatively recently -- I've had a gaping hole in my life. A dark, cavernous, maw. A terrible lacking. A sense of incompleteness, putting my entire gunpowder-soaked life off balance.

I had no shotgun!

I started with a Glock 19. My grandfather passed away and left me a couple hundred dollars, and while a part of me wanted to, y'know, pay my...
Freelancer
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 8652 Comments 6 Critias is offline Edit Tags
Old

On Pets, or, "Oops, I run a dog fighting ring."

Posted 11-25-2010 at 21:33 by Critias
Tags dog, dogs, pet, pets, puppies

So I mentioned we've got three dogs, all girls. They're the closest Mrs. Crit and I have to kids (for now), and they're the first real pets I've had, so they kind of mean a lot to us.

When I was a kiddo, my mom got me a little Scotty dog. For our regular commute we drove past the highway signs for the Golden Gate Bridge pretty often, and I used to get a kick out of how it said "GG Bridge" -- gimme a break, I was like five! -- so naturally "GG" was an awesome...
Freelancer
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5469 Comments 2 Critias is offline Edit Tags
Old

Personalities wanted? Wait, I've got one of those!

Posted 11-25-2010 at 21:04 by Critias

Hi there, and welcome to the awkward introduction phase of any conversation!

Like any good superhero movie, we're going to start on this adventure with my origin story. Sadly, there will be no radioactive spiders, dying planets and kindly Kansas farmers, or anything like that. In fact, sad as it is to say, I've got no superpowers at all, so as origin stories go, maybe this one's not the most exciting, so I'll go with the short version!

I was born in California...
Freelancer
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1580 Comments 0 Critias is offline Edit Tags