GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

The 44 Magnum's bullets

Posted 11-12-2012 at 14:18 by MakeMineA10mm (MakeMineA10mm's Daily (or so) Reloading Blog)

This is a post I originally wrote elsewhere here, but I wanted to preserve it here, so I could easily link to it in other posts:

After lots of trying, I've decided that 180s and even 200gr bullets are not effecient and do not produce very balanced loads in the 44 Magnum. While they can be very accurate, it seems it takes a lot of work to find the sweet spot to get them that accurate, and once that's done, you really only have a low-recoil target load, IMO, because these bullets just...
300AAC brass
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2788 Comments 1 MakeMineA10mm is offline Edit Tags
Old

Apologies for not posting, but I can still report lots of progress!

Posted 02-08-2011 at 01:22 by MakeMineA10mm (MakeMineA10mm's Daily (or so) Reloading Blog)

I've been continuing to work on the reloading room. Since we moved into this place, my back-bench (which came with the house and is made out of simple, cheap kitchen counter-top) has been somewhat cluttered, including a microwave sitting there... Well, that bench is almost completely cleaned up.

In the process, I ran across about 100 lubed and sized 135gr Slippery boolits and 130 sized, bell-mouthed, and primed 9mm cases... Well, as has been happening a LOT with my "clean-up"...
300AAC brass
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2098 Comments 0 MakeMineA10mm is offline Edit Tags
Old

Blizzard '11 - A reloading BONANZA!! :)

Posted 02-02-2011 at 00:18 by MakeMineA10mm (MakeMineA10mm's Daily (or so) Reloading Blog)

Well, the blizzard has had the nice side-benefit of giving me some time to reload! Got sent home from work and told not to come back until Thursday (at the earliest), can't do anything outside, and the women-folk have monopolized the TV (which is OK with me), so I've been in the basement!!

First off, I got the last of my 30-06 cases primer pocket crimps removed. Saved and weighed the brass chips and came out with about 62.0 grs of brass!! That's about enough to make 2/3 of another...
300AAC brass
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2053 Comments 0 MakeMineA10mm is offline Edit Tags
Old

Winter, Vacation, Work, and other things in the way...

Posted 01-22-2011 at 22:48 by MakeMineA10mm (MakeMineA10mm's Daily (or so) Reloading Blog)

I've had a lot of work lately, and that has slowed down my reloading a little. Worse still, I am heading out to vacation tomorrow, so will be out of town for a week. No reloading...

But, progress is still kicking in MMA10mm's reloading room!

I've gotten all my "mistakes" rounded up on my 44-cal swaged JHP bullets. Was able to cannelure them all and segregated according to seating depth. (They all weight the same, but there is some...
300AAC brass
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3969 Comments 3 MakeMineA10mm is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Next step on the 30-06 brass: ANNEALING, and 44 JHPs getting wrapped up.

Posted 01-16-2011 at 16:44 by MakeMineA10mm (MakeMineA10mm's Daily (or so) Reloading Blog)
Updated 01-17-2011 at 21:39 by MakeMineA10mm (Adding pictures)

With those beautiful 1000 pieces of 30-06 brass staring up at me, I couldn't resist not working on them...

The next step was annealling, but because I had found a few cases with live primers still in them while I was passivating and polishing them, I decided to jump in and remove the primer pocket crimp first. This way, I have verified there's no live primers in the brass before putting them to the torch... So, last night, while Unforgiven was on the boob tube, I got about 350-400...
300AAC brass
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 6259 Comments 4 MakeMineA10mm is offline Edit Tags